Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what firearm for urban warfare? Supreme Commander Firearms General Discussion 71 08-21-2016 08:02 PM
Why I chose an AR pistol as my urban SHTF weapon Antwan23 Firearms General Discussion 78 08-16-2015 01:22 PM
Urban weapon choices GratefulDad Urban Survival 99 08-08-2015 02:54 AM
Setting up a weapon for an urban environment. Halfast84 Urban Survival 145 01-06-2015 12:48 PM
Firearm vs. Weapon ackbob Firearms General Discussion 14 01-21-2013 11:56 PM
Best and most practical non firearm bob weapon praveenbodaway Primitive Weapons, Bows and Crossbows 24 05-20-2012 05:41 PM
Best non-firearm weapon? punkwaffen Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 136 12-28-2010 01:48 PM
Firearm vs. Weapon radioman Firearms General Discussion 54 11-28-2009 09:53 PM
Personal Defense Weapon (non-firearm) nbX Urban Survival 72 04-08-2009 02:05 PM

Old 09-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Adventurer

Thanked 10,648 Times in 1,748 Posts

Advertise Here

Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,035 Times in 554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaqhama View Post
Several people, in several countries, have been convicted for using oven cleaner as a defensive/offensive weapon.

A women was charged with carrying an item intended to cause harm here in Sydney just a few years back...it was a can of oven cleaner in her handbag.
She threatened someone with it.

What some of you think the cops will believe, and what the cops will actually do, is going to be a big shock to some of you.
Most cops are aware that a can of oven cleaner makes a dangerous spray weapon, so good luck with that one.
Here where i'm living, we have very harsh law what limit what we can carry... It don't tell what we exactly can or cannot carry, but it tell what you can use as weapon and that why you must be able to explain why you have it with you... And remember, self defence aren't reason here.

First of all, firearms, bows, slingshots, slings, airguns and similar items you cannot carry here if you don't have a reason. IF you go to the shooting range, it is ok to carry it. If you goes to the bar after shooting range, it isn't reason to have your firearm with you anymore... You must first take your gun back to home.
This section limits basically all weapons what you can use to shoot or assist to throw things.

Then you cannot carry throwing balls, darts, throwing knives and all the similar items what you can use as throwing weapon. Yeah, you can have throwing knives and you can have them with you when you go to the place where you throw them or practise with them. But once again, if something is found while police search you and they suspect that you might use them as a weapon, you must be able to explain why you have them with you at the given moment.
Forexample i carry small money in my pockets. They are for buss and shopping carts. That is good reason to have money in your pocket. Ofcourse i can throw them very hard and i'm practising all the time using of throwing weapons (and also other things...) But all clear throwing weapons are offlimits here. You can pretty much carry them from point A to point B and that it is. Wander at night darts in your pocket, or go to the bar with darts and if you get busted, you are deep end of the pool because you don't have reason to carry them over there!

Chemicals what can be used as weapons are also off limit. Just remember this don't mean you cannot carry them with you, but instead you must be able to explain why you have them with you.
We are country of the lakes and forest. So bug spray are good to go almost anywhere during summer time. During winter there aren't bugs at all and even during summer, if you start to threat with it, it can be taken away and you will get penalty because you had it with you!

if you can stab with it and/or cut with it and/or hit with it, it can be a weapon and you should be able to explain why you have it with you.
This section of our laws limits all kind of clubs and knives and where we can carry them. Also it limits chains, wires and oter things what can be used. Keychain might be ok, Hey it is key chain! But in other hand, it can be taken away from you in certain situations because you can use it as a weapon.
Also notice that kubotan is self defence tool and you can hit with it, so you cannot carry it without good reason. It is better to carry a big pen what you can use as kubotan, because pen is first pen... But once again, if police search you, they can even take your pen away in certain situations because it can be used as a weapon.

There are other limits also... Basically if you can use it as a weapon, you must be able to explain why you have it with you. And police don't be stupid.

This thing above are too clear weapon. You will lose it even if you explain how it is just a key decoration. yeah you have reason other than weapon, but this is too flagrant!

This next thing is also interesting because in comercial they try to convince how this is keychain NOT a weapon and that why you can carry it with you.

Yeah here you cannot carry this because that thing what is end of the keychain is too flagrant... It can be used as a weapon, it is meant to be used as a weapon. Yeah it is keychain, but this just don't going to hold.

Here it is best to carry weapons what don't look like a weapon at all... rope is hard to use as weapon forexample, and small piece of rope is easy to explain. It can even go under the radar because style how you wear it. Bracelet or decoration nots with your keys. Police don't even ask why you have it with you.

But tie weight to that rope and it is quite traditional street weapon where i'm living. Or carry loose rope and weight in your pocket and it is too flagrant why you have them with you.
Police aren't stupid and i believe they arent in many places in the world. When we talk all kind of weapons here, they are quite common after all... If some idea came to your mind, you probably aren't the only one who invent it or something very similar!
You really have to hide your weapon well and you must be able to explain each part and why you have them with you.

It is best if you don't take any kind of weapons to the foreign countries if you don't know their laws... because as you can see above, they can be very strict. I mentioned our laws because if you follow them, you are probably good to go everywhere.
(In the other hand, you can here use even firearms to defend yourself as long as it is self defence situation and you don't goes over your rights while defencing yourself. You can use anything what you want as long as you can explain why it was necessary you to use them!
I know there is countries where they can limit what you can use for self defence, so be careful!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Insneaker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Pantomime Villain

Thanked 4,916 Times in 2,109 Posts

Well, despite my pointing out UK law from personal experience as an ex-cop with a law degree, this thread continued to go silly side up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Skies For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Adventurer

Thanked 10,648 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Skies View Post
Well, despite my pointing out UK law from personal experience as an ex-cop with a law degree, this thread continued to go silly side up.
Sure. Lot of these guys live in some deluded fantasy land, mate.

The real world and their world, never the twain shall meet.

In their world the villains are lying humbled/bleeding/crippled/dead on the floor.
In their world the cops will nod wisely and believe anything they say.
In their world women praise their protective survival instincts and men are in awe of their fighting skills.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaqhama For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2013, 10:25 PM

how about a crossbow pistol? Range 50 yrds. lethality with a hunting head. and compact!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,035 Times in 554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Skies View Post
Sorry about my poor english, i don't know if i correctly say what i want to say, but i'll try: I think your all posts in this topic are super good! You know what you are talking about.
It sound funny when you are talking what laws are in UK And other suggest to carry all kind of monster slayer weapons or bandana+lock combinations what even in the Usa are gang weapons and well known.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Insneaker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Third World'er Lunatic

Thanked 34,493 Times in 11,524 Posts

years ago, a bunch of us used to go full contact paint ball, when we were in off rotation.... ue got banned from 1 place for putting the paint balls on dry ice tha night before. a frozen paint ball will bruise you thru a good chest protector.......only rule we had was no head shots.....
Old 09-26-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaqhama View Post
I want one of these!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballarmsdealer View Post
I've taken it a few steps futher by rubber coating 5/8 marbles to .68 Cal. they make a real man stopper.
How did your rubber coat these? Sounds interesting
Old 07-11-2015, 11:38 PM

Bee spray and a lighter. Bee stray shoots 25 plus feet. Or good old fashioned bear spray. Much better than pepper spray. My daughter keeps both in her apartment. And a lethal Glock
Old 07-11-2015, 11:42 PM
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD

Thanked 10,735 Times in 4,033 Posts

Boar Spear
Old 07-12-2015, 12:45 AM

pepper spray is my choice
Old 08-09-2015, 06:27 AM
Hunter

Cc flick knife..
Old 08-09-2015, 06:34 AM
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD

Thanked 10,735 Times in 4,033 Posts

Cross bow or boar spear
Old 08-12-2015, 09:43 PM

in florida we have all kinds of effective urban weapons

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reason2 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2015, 09:23 AM
Prepared

Yup, let's keep this old thread alive! Here are my contributions:
  • Ball peen hammers- Hells Angels carry them.
  • Aluminum flashlights- Carried by other motorcycle "clubs".
  • A large mass of keys and a handkerchief. Put keys in handkerchief and you have a nasty weapon.
  • Nordic walking sticks. Get a great workout where you go.
  • A golf club. When I was growing up there was an old man who took his walks carrying a golf club "to keep stray dogs away." (Hey, it's legit!)
  • Walking sticks- Carried by homeless people in my area.

When it comes down to it, you are limited only by your imagination.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruce001 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2015, 02:45 PM
I didn't choose prep life

Knife - pepperspray combination.

Pepper for blinding, knife for the rest.

In case of mutible enemies with or without melee weapons things would get really messy, but I see no better options.
The Following User Says Thank You to naudiz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2015, 03:00 PM
Hillbilly By***!

Thanked 1,667 Times in 683 Posts

Knife.. I carry one everywhere I go.
Baseball bat.. The mob and street gangs have effed up some people with ball bats.
The Following User Says Thank You to Confederate Grey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2015, 03:51 PM
Incognito Woodsman

A knife, which would quickly become a spear as soon as possible if needed.

I want some range.
The Following User Says Thank You to topgunic For This Useful Post: