Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Older 40 x 400 chicken house on possible homestead property Bellyman Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 12 06-10-2017 10:21 AM
Property tips Red Dirt Walker Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 8 05-09-2017 07:18 PM
Soros and Dems trying to lower voting age to 16 Justme11 Political News and Discussion 109 03-29-2017 06:10 AM
What to do with people on your land? JoeKan Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 72 01-29-2017 07:29 PM
This Thanksgiving let's think of the Pilgrims and private property rights RKW General Discussion 2 11-23-2016 01:33 PM

Old 06-25-2020, 10:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 37,112 Times in 8,761 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by clocker View Post
Reminds me of the MythBuster ep semi-debunking the idea that one could remove dried concrete from a mixing truck using dynamite (see it at least 2/3rds way of the shortened video for the payoff):
Never could watch Myth Busters. Not only were they annoying, the girl that eventually joined them was even more annoying.

From what others told me who did watch the show it was a wonder they never hurt themselves.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2020, 10:49 AM
Most Thankful Guy here

Thanked 47,930 Times in 18,896 Posts

They would say "Don't try this at home" on the show sometimes. My thought was "You guys shouldn't even be trying this."
Old 06-26-2020, 02:33 PM
Semper Fi

Thanked 16,919 Times in 5,201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGNasty View Post
They would say "Don't try this at home" on the show sometimes. My thought was "You guys shouldn't even be trying this."
Yeah but it was fun to watch them try anyways.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 02:21 PM
read more, post less

Haha, to bad you didn't get there in time to spread some of that concrete somewhere useful, lol.

In other news, Pinetop-Lakeside has mandated mask wearing, but the couple of times I've been in a store in Pinetop, the owner was not enforcing it. The WalMarts in both Show Low and Taylor have masks required signs, but not going overboard enforcing it, same with Subway Taylor. Shelves pretty much back to normal at the Taylor Walmart anyways. But, there was an article in the White Mountain Independent saying that folks in Pinetop are called 911 to report folks not wearing masks. Yes, really. It is coming to this.

Show Low has cancelled the Fourth of July parade and most of the festivities except they will still light off fireworks. Many fourth of July events are cancelled around the mountain. But not Eagar. I like the letter that the Mayor of Eagar put out.

Check it out: http://www.eagaraz.gov/home/news/pre...-mayor-hamblin
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teddyearp For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 05:58 PM
Survivor

Thanked 39,362 Times in 7,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
<snip>But not Eagar. I like the letter that the Mayor of Eagar put out.

Pretty inspirational! Thx. The best paragraph from the letter:
As grim as Covid19 is portrayed under the most drastic scenario, I dare say that we are facing a much more serious pandemic here in America. We are currently in the midst of the nation’s first political pandemic. Never before in the history of America has ignorance and bigotry been more celebrated. Never before has our government been more eager and willing to take away freedoms from the citizenry. Never before has the citizenry been more willing to give them up.Benjamin Franklin warned that “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety”. I believe his warning is as applicable today as it ever was. Some will say that these safety measures have not impacted individual liberty. To them I would quip Thomas Jefferson: “If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” The right to move about freely in public is one of the cornerstones of American democracy. In a panicked frenzy, created by the media, state and local governments trampled that right wholesale. History will not judge us kindly for our actions over the past several months.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to clocker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 08:37 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Haha, to bad you didn't get there in time to spread some of that concrete somewhere useful, lol.

In other news, Pinetop-Lakeside has mandated mask wearing, but the couple of times I've been in a store in Pinetop, the owner was not enforcing it. The WalMarts in both Show Low and Taylor have masks required signs, but not going overboard enforcing it, same with Subway Taylor. Shelves pretty much back to normal at the Taylor Walmart anyways. But, there was an article in the White Mountain Independent saying that folks in Pinetop are called 911 to report folks not wearing masks. Yes, really. It is coming to this.

Show Low has cancelled the Fourth of July parade and most of the festivities except they will still light off fireworks. Many fourth of July events are cancelled around the mountain. But not Eagar. I like the letter that the Mayor of Eagar put out.

I was there within minutes of the wreck happening. However there was no way to get the wet concrete out of the laid over truck and by the time they got it upright (close to two hours later) even if it wasn't hard they had disconnected the batteries to prevent a fire and also boogered up the drum in the recovery.

Hopefully the call center is telling the 911 callers that doing so is a crime.

Yeah I saw the Mayor's letter as a friend that recently moved to Eagar sent me a copy. They said there were a lot of people out for the parade today.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2020, 06:38 PM
Survivor

Thanked 37,112 Times in 8,761 Posts

Gotta love the stark irony: America celebrating its freedom while complying with masks orders by a bunch of power hungry politicians.

Masks not mandatory in Prescott / Prescott Valley. Many stores recommended but did not require. A few did. We did not go in those.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2020, 10:06 AM
Most Thankful Guy here

Personally I don't see the issue with wearing a mask. If I go into an area with many people, I wear a mask as protection for myself and will purposely avoid close contact with people.

But then again, my trips to stores and being in large gatherings is limited anyway (by choice).

The only large gathering you will find me in is at Church, but as part of the Security Team I am outside the crowd. Church has been on-line since mid March and not sure when we will open the building again.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:48 PM
Semper Fi

Voluntary wearing a mask isn't the issue.

The problem comes in when wearing them is mandatory (and a sign of obedience) despite it being proven they don't work as the .gov claims.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2020, 07:57 AM
read more, post less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
Voluntary wearing a mask isn't the issue.

The problem comes in when wearing them is mandatory (and a sign of obedience) despite it being proven they don't work as the .gov claims.
Exactly. There's some talk on other forum sites about fines for not wearing masks. There is actually a guy in California that started a thread on the 3rd or 4th encouraging folks to snitch on their neighbors if they had 'illegal' gatherings at their homes, back yards, etc. Down to checking for out of state plates, etc. and of course mask wearing.

Personally, I just don't know why, but every time I've seen on the news folks over in Japan over the years and half the time they're going about with those masks on, they just look so sad and/or scared. If I personally felt my health was such that it would be best for me to wear a mask to protect me or others, I would stay home until that threat subsided within me.

I won't wear one now because I already had this dang thing back in January.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to teddyearp For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2020, 12:25 PM
Most Thankful Guy here

But that doesn't mean you won't catch it again.

The issue I have seen with the mask is that the ones with the vents in them are the problem. The virus goes out through the vent and therefore it is airborne for anyone without a mask.

Masks without vents seem to be better suited for wear.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:24 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGNasty View Post
But that doesn't mean you won't catch it again.

The issue I have seen with the mask is that the ones with the vents in them are the problem. The virus goes out through the vent and therefore it is airborne for anyone without a mask.

Masks without vents seem to be better suited for wear.
The masks won't stop the virus from getting through if airborne. It also enters through the eyes so absent a full face mask you really aren't protected.

The thing is, if masks work why do we need to social distance...and if social distancing works why do we need masks?
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2020, 08:28 AM
Most Thankful Guy here

Kind of like the saying - One is none, two is more

Outside of staying home and ordering everything delivered, masks and social distancing are good practices to follow.

In the end, we are both free to practice what we believe is the best approach.