***Ladies Section*** I am tired. {{Ladies Section Post}} - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Ladies Section The Girlvivalists Hangout Area.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**LADIES SECTION** Men After 40 lose Their Sex Drive! Mogli Ladies Section 112 01-09-2018 03:02 PM
**Ladies Section**GHB/BoB weight for ladies... (Ladies section) 13ella Ladies Section 55 06-30-2016 01:34 PM
ladies section-men can't post? cook General Discussion 15 11-30-2014 06:48 AM
Ladies, could you post your foodie/recipe talk in this section? EODblake Recipes 4 11-05-2012 12:00 AM
Ladies, my first and only post here in your section, for mother's day Gunner65 Ladies Section 2 05-08-2011 10:56 PM

Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Single Prepper Gal

Unhappy ***Ladies Section*** I am tired. {{Ladies Section Post}}

Advertise Here

{{This is in the Ladies Section Guys, should probably have put that in the title}}

How do you keep going, those of you over 45 or so?

I am totally exhausted. Single, working a job that I walk from 4.5 to 6 miles a day. I get up, go to work, get home, eat, and go to bed. On my days off, rarely two in a row, I do some prep, and maybe make dinner for the parents. I live with the parents, due to their aging, and my dad has Alzheimer's. (Stage 6, approaching Stage 7).

I have always powered through adversity, and have had a LOT of it for the last four years. Lost a career of 13 years before I left Virginia, lost all my savings trying to survive while trying to find a job, and then my house. When I had to move, I then lost a six year relationship. Recovered from all that, lost 100 lbs, and was feeling pretty good.

All of a sudden, I have no energy, and am having to fight to even get up in the morning. Yes, fighting depression again too, yet don't seem to be able to power through it this time. (yes, broke down and visited the doctor over it) Think I am just feeling the effects of aging, and not sure how to solve that. With no support group, I don't even have anybody local to go out with and have fun, should I actually feel like going out.

How are you dealing with all the issues of aging? (arthritis, declining energy and strength)

Last edited by kokosmom2; 01-21-2016 at 11:25 AM..
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rvnquest For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Yuuuuuuup!

~~Through Jesus.~~
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to revan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Single Prepper Gal

Yeah, lost my church family as well in the move.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rvnquest For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:00 PM
<--My Faverolle Chicken

Thanked 1,686 Times in 629 Posts

I am feeling it too, but I have a hobby that keeps me out of the funk now. I keep chickens and ducks. They keep me entertained and provide me with food. I sometimes wish I could sleep in (when I'm feeling those aches and pains), but they get louder and louder until I come to feed them. Good luck with finding that 'thing' that gets you feeling better.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TitanRX8 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Trying to Catch-up

Thanked 35,220 Times in 15,042 Posts

I started taking a bunch of different vitamins and I started having energy again. If I don't take them for awhile, I feel it.

Could you be suffering from not enough sun? Could it be everything is just catching up to you now from the past?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kokosmom2 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Single Prepper Gal

Sun could be an issue. In my physical, I had low Vit D. Prior to this job, was walking 5 miles a day . . outdoors. Being winter, I have only gone out to walk a couple times, and froze my ass off. On multi vit, vit D, fish oil, and Co-Q 10.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rvnquest For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Yuuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvnquest View Post
Sun could be an issue. In my physical, I had low Vit D. Prior to this job, was walking 5 miles a day . . outdoors. Being winter, I have only gone out to walk a couple times, and froze my ass off. On multi vit, vit D, fish oil, and Co-Q 10.

that brings up a good topic--- whats your diet like? do you really only eat once a day? or was that just talk?
The Following User Says Thank You to revan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Single Prepper Gal

OH, and I am a survivor, and know that. I have no doubt I will survive this too. Managed to recover and raise a wonderful daughter after my cheating husband left me, by myself.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rvnquest For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Trying to Catch-up

Thanked 35,220 Times in 15,042 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvnquest View Post

Should be D3 not just D. Did your doc do the blood test for your level of D? Mine was really low and she gave me a script for 50,000 units to be taken 3x a week for 2 weeks. Now I'm on 5,000 per day.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kokosmom2 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Single Prepper Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
that brings up a good topic--- whats your diet like? do you really only eat once a day? or was that just talk?
??? I never said I only eat once a day. I eat very healthy. Eat my required veggies and fruit, and limit the carbs. I have lost the weight by changing lifestyle.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Single Prepper Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosmom2 View Post
Should be D3 not just D. Did your doc do the blood test for your level of D?
Yep, taking D3 and yes she did. Got a call after the blood test, which I got a week before the physical, and they got all excited. Wanted me to be in immediately, but was going away. Only thing wrong in my blood test was the vit D.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Yuuuuuuup!

~from origonal post

"I am totally exhausted. Single, working a job that I walk from 4.5 to 6 miles a day. I get up, go to work, get home, eat, and go to bed."

sorry, i just took this literally... some folks really do eat just once... sometimes not at all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to revan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Single Prepper Gal

Quote:
~from origonal post

"I am totally exhausted. Single, working a job that I walk from 4.5 to 6 miles a day. I get up, go to work, get home, eat, and go to bed."

sorry, i just took this literally... some folks really do eat just once... sometimes not at all.
LOL, you are right. No, I eat breakfast before going to work, lunch at work, sometimes a couple of snacks (jerky and/or dried apples) and then dinner. No desserts, and rarely any sweets other than fruit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rvnquest For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Up to No Good

Thanked 1,144 Times in 313 Posts

Quote:
~from origonal post

My husband does that. He refuses to eat anything during the day because he says it makes him tired and not worth a crap for the rest of the day. So he just eats a big meal at dinner and then crashes a couple hours later. I don't know if he's just trained himself to fall asleep after he eats or what, but if he eats lunch on his days off, he'll fall asleep shortly thereafter.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Autumn-Raine For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 PM

I'm not dealing with the "aging" stuff yet, but I have dealt with severe depression and loneliness quite a bit. Don't ever feel bad for needing medical help to deal, and don't discount the value of a good therapist - especially when your social circle is limited. Hugs.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bookgrl.ph For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Military MOM

Thanked 7,388 Times in 2,866 Posts

Yes, I am 47 and I have 2 biology degrees and one of my minors is Chemistry. So, I am not trying to sound "all knowing" but that is just a dislclaimer. There is no miracle cures or "one size fits all" in this situation. Your body changes, peri menopausal,menopausal, and post menopausal. You also have to take into account of any health issues that you know of.
First, you need a complete physical. Tell your Dr. what is going on, including any stress you are under. Any changes in appetite, loss or gain of weight, etc. and make sure they are not over medicating you. (if you take meds)
Now, I can claim that I can lift 100 lbs in my workout regime, but that is simply not true, so lets be realistic here. How much do you exercise? Your walking at work should suffice for walking. Do you do anything to get your heart rate up for at least 30 minutes? That is the key for cardio. Outside is where you can get natural vitamin D from, 5 minutes in the sun a day is enough. But that may not be your problem. You said depression, single, working, taking care of parents. Right there gives me allot of clues.
If I may, and I do not want to step on anyone toes, but here is some things that I have learned to work, however, they do not work overnight! Nothing does! Go outside, no matter how hard it is, even if it is for 30 minutes and have a cup of tea, coffee, whatever. Make sure you eat on a regular schedule. In the morning before work, if you don't have time for a meal, at least drink a slimfast, ensure, something like that. Your metabolism does not start each day until you eat. So if you are up for 4 hours before you put something substantial in your stomach, you are tired already and lost that time of metabolism. I know you walk at work, so what about (maybe just on the weekends) riding a stationary bike while watching TV or something (even for 10 minutes). There also are some pedals that you can sit on a chair or couch so you do not have to invest in an entire bike if you can't right now.
Take a multivitamin each day, and you can go ahead and get the ones for seniors. One thing about vitamins, read the label for "other ingredients". Calcium with Vitamin D never hurts. Calcium does not uptake in the system with out the vitamin D. Fish oil is great as a supplement. Good for heart health, veins, arteries, etc. Very important. I get oderless and tasteless. Garlic is another great herb to take. It is a natural antibiotic. However, it is also a blood thinner, so if you are on coumadin or anything, check with your DR first. Vitamin E and zinc for skin is a must If you are getting fuzzy with your memory, 1-2MCG of folic acid each day. Cranberry capsules (not juice) for kidney health, and probiotics (which is Acidophillus) for digestion. Now the reason I say not juice is because of the sugar content. and buy Acidophillus instead of the labels that say Probiotic. It is Exactly the same thing at a fraction of the cost.
Now, how are you sleeping? NO caffeine 4 hours before bed! Lavender is your friend here. Take a bath before bed, add lavender essential oil or lavender plant. lavender candle, etc. It relaxes you and it sounds like your stress level is through the roof. Make sure you have comfy pillows If you can hear sounds at night, grab a noise maker, they are pretty cheap. I have my rain machine running.
The best thing for stress is exercise. but that does not mean going to the gym. Start slow. This is not an overnight thing. And the way you are feeling now, it may be a bit before you get your spring back in your step.
As far as aging, arthritis, etc. that's another chapter. Let me know if you would like to continue Also, feel free to pm me if I can be of any help
Old 02-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,871 Times in 1,149 Posts

I find when I'm fired up about something I have a lot more energy. I need a project. Right now I'm all about getting into shape. I exercise almost every day (started very slowly a couple of months ago) and I have a lot more energy. Now that I'm feeling stronger and more energetic, other parts of my life are coming in line as well.
things that I do to keep motivated:
- watch youtube videos (Chalene Johnson, Tony Robbins, language learning, etc)
- listen to music
- take time to write
- call friends, or anything else that gives me a sense of community, it can mean showing up here on SB-I find people's stories here so inspiring.

I hope you find what works for you. It sounds to me like you've been through a lot and your body just needs a breather to deal with it all.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to extremejoy9 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Hiker

Tests for low thyroid are notoriously inaccurate. If you showed in the low normal range, you could actually be low. Indicators would be depression, outer third of eyebrows disappearing, thinnin.g, brittle hair & nails, deathly fatigue. A remedy I have found that works much better than prescription thyroid is Natural Sources Raw Thyroid. It is freeze dried thyroid and adrenal tissue from grass fed New Zealand cattle (no mad cow disease there). You can order this product on line. But it also sounds like your life is enough to use up every last bit of energy you have even without that problem. I hope you find something that helps. Also, a broad spectrum amino acid supplement helps with the depression part. A lot.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to innayat For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 01:57 AM
It is what it is.

Thanked 3,960 Times in 1,272 Posts

I agree with those who are making nutritional suggestions but I would add something more.

You are going through what I was when my husband was dying. Long slow hard situations like yours wear you down emotionally and it gets your chemical balance off but you can supplement that to some extent. The thing is you are still just putting a bandaid on it unless you deal with the stress.

Try keeping a diary or just keep posting in this thread about your daily struggles. You sound like you feel very alone so maybe doing it online would help but be careful. What I am doing in my thread is a form of self therapy so I am putting a lot of stuff out there I would normally keep inside to feel safe from being judged but I find the feedback very helpful. On the flip side if you keep a private journal you are safe from people misunderstanding a situation they have never dealt with and hurting your feelings (not that yall have ever done that to me I just do not want to make a suggestion without pointing out risks) The other thing with the privacy of a journal is it will allow you to be completely honest which is hard to do in your situations. When you start to write you will probably find you have a lot of resentment and stress you do not admit to yourself. It is hard to face it head on but it will fight the depression.

You do realize you are depressed, don't you? Most of what you are feeling is just the symptoms of depression. You can get rid of it.

It is nothing to be ashamed of and is natural under the circumstances. If you ever need to vent PM me. I am not sleeping anyway LOL. Seriously, Altzheimers and brain cancer have a lot of the same frustrations for the care giver so I will understand. Do not think you would be burdening me. It would be good for me to be able to do something to help someone else even if it is as little as just listening.

I would also suggest getting some books for longterm caregivers and possibly joining a website for them. You need to have people who are there and willing to listen and understand.

Wish I could give you a hug... and a box of chocolate covered strawberries... best bad day med ever My way of facing any bad situation. Come SHTF I am headed to Hershey and moving in.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mominator For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,160 Times in 1,495 Posts

You most likely have burn out from the NEWS, life and being a caregiver.

Throw in your age even though you are not old, your busy life, not enough time for yourself, lack of a social life (?) male - female, a hobby, throw in some physical factor, a lack of sound sleep, odd schedule, etc. - all of those things can screw you up and your body clock.

Plus a lack of natural sunlight.

Sun lamps for light therapy may help some people. I had a friend who was really bothered by this every winter in farm/lake country. This does bother more people than most people realize due to a HUGE lack of good, old fashioned sunshine and a vitamin D or D? PILL does not just cure it in my opinion. It may help you but it is not the same thing.

Vitamins, minerals, herbs, loss of estrogen, sleep apnea, worry, pain, physical ailments, arthritis, etc. - all of those things can screw you up if you are not getting enough or correcting those issues that need attention.

Can you get a good massage - neck or back? Heating pad on your neck or back? Soak in a tub? Go for a swim? Read a good book or watch a good movie.

I know that you walk a lot in your job from what you have mentioned here.

You said that you are eating properly too.

Best wishes to you.

Catherine
PS: I plan on changing some of my own vitamins/minerals too. My sleep schedule stinks BIG time as a retired, 62 year old lady with arthritis when it comes to my still working husband who has a high stress 24/7 job. I am a remarried widow here. I thought that it stunk before but it stinks even more now. I am TIRED too.

I almost FEEL as tired as I did, on some days, as I did when I was caring for my late husband dying of cancer yeas ago. I am just plain TIRED on some days. PLUS the news in this country is so pathetic - it gives me BURN OUT. I TRY to curb that but it is hard to do to a degree.

I need to swim more. Dance always made me happy too. SWIMMING is the best thing for you in my opinion.

Hugs and blessings to you again.

Last edited by Catherine_MT; 02-07-2013 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: Typos - added more.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Catherine_MT For This Useful Post: