**ladies section** November 2015 rants.... - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Ladies Section The Girlvivalists Hangout Area.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**Ladies Section-Ladies Only** Conceal carry for ladies Lindsterkay Ladies Section 34 01-12-2019 02:12 AM
**Ladies Section** September Rant 2015 Bronzino Ladies Section 67 11-05-2015 09:54 PM
**ladies section** august 2015 rants.... eadavis Ladies Section 89 10-01-2015 09:15 PM
**Ladies Section** July 2015 Rants icicle Ladies Section 67 08-02-2015 02:54 PM
June 2015 Rants (Ladies Section) icicle Ladies Section 83 06-29-2015 06:04 PM
May 2015 Rants (Ladies Section) Teslin Ladies Section 107 06-01-2015 11:49 AM
April Rants (Ladies Section) Teslin Ladies Section 53 05-05-2015 06:07 PM
Feb 2015 Rants - Ladies Section firebirdx Ladies Section 125 03-17-2015 06:34 AM
Jan 2015 Rants - Ladies Section ATST Ladies Section 190 02-02-2015 10:44 AM
LADIES SECTION Rant/Vent for November 2013 Paravani Ladies Section 266 12-01-2013 02:08 PM

Old 11-14-2015, 09:20 PM
Elizabeth A. Davis

Advertise Here

I can't wait for the last mow for the year. Tired of picking up the twigs and walnuts must have had a good season this year. Finding empty shells all over. I guess they forgot where the compost pile is. I have the winds cold and rain. I'll take the 90 degrees too.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2015, 03:08 AM
Ooops - missed heddle

Thanked 1,644 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadavis View Post
I can't wait for the last mow for the year. Tired of picking up the twigs and walnuts must have had a good season this year. Finding empty shells all over. I guess they forgot where the compost pile is. I have the winds cold and rain. I'll take the 90 degrees too.
Chuckle. Doubt you'll appreciate it, but at least you have a nice source for lovely brown dyes for clothing or yarn. You can keep your 90F degrees, though. I'll take the 60-70's.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:47 AM
Elizabeth A. Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weft View Post
Chuckle. Doubt you'll appreciate it, but at least you have nice source for lovely brown dyes for clothing or yarn. You can keep your 90F degrees, though. I'll take the 60-70's.
Didn't know you could do that.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:21 AM
Raving Loony

Thanked 3,938 Times in 1,501 Posts

Confirmed: engine cooling fan motor mount. Cheap repair. Happy MC.

Proud of myself.

Rant: Must make self get off of lazy, amotivational backside and do stuff. Stop letting anxiety stop me from living, within reason, the life I want.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MC Ain't Crazy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2015, 12:23 PM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 9,341 Times in 3,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Ain't Crazy View Post
Confirmed: engine cooling fan motor mount. Cheap repair. Happy MC.

Proud of myself.
Congrats!!
Old 11-17-2015, 11:37 AM
Elizabeth A. Davis

Ugh....stupid aereator isn't working again. It's like the 3rd time. Keeps shorting out. Last time just a few weeks ago dh ordered all new parts and fixed it. Goinng to have to have a company come out. Now with both of us goig to need dental work he doesn't think he'll be able to go hunting. And for some reason I just want to have a good cry.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:07 AM
Elizabeth A. Davis

Work is going ok. Except I have to get the flu shot. I don't feel comfortable with that and the meds I take but my doctor and employee health don't see it that way. And work confered with the doctor they have that does that. So now my arm hurts. If I get sick like I did 6 mos ago where I was layed up for 2 weeks I will not be happy.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Raving Loony

Thanked 3,938 Times in 1,501 Posts

I need to get back on the prep wagon.

Like, for real. For real and serious.

I don't mean putting up more food incrementally. There's always that (except that I'm really almost out of reasonable places to keep it until I get that root cellar I've been wanting). Putting up more food incrementally is cheap and easy and wouldn't rattle my nerves.

I mean for serious. It makes me nervous. It comes with a whole list of I-Want-Please-Honeys. I want a woodstove, please, honey, and TSC has a manufactured home approved EPA certified one on sale for $700 plus freight. I want a cord of wood for it, honey, and the good news is that if I buy one it's less than $200. I want a bicycle trailer, please, honey, and good ones cost about $200. I want bikes for Bonnie and Clyde, please, honey, and that's another $200. If we can't do the woodstove, I would like 2 kerosene heaters, please, honey, and that's about $300 plus kerosene. I want a root cellar, please, honey. Yes, I will concede to busyness and executive functioning deficits and paranoia and have it professionally built. I don't know what that costs, but I'm certain the price tag has 4 figures left of the decimal point, honey.

We CAN afford it (not all at once, obviously, but incrementally over a year or so). Other than the root cellar anyway. I can get around that, I think.

I just CRINGE at the thought of asking for the money. Cringe doesn't cover it. I feel sick. I see spots.

And this is a stupid rant, because we are SOOOOOOOO FORTUNATE to be able to afford to keep me at home. We are SOOOOOOOOOO LUCKY. SOOOOOOOO BLESSED.

But I want a JOB. SO. BAD.

I can't have a "real" job for two and a half more years. Unless we need it for retirement, he doesn't want me to get a "real" job ever. A time-clock, shift-work, someone-else-sets-my-hours-according-to-their-needs "real" job. Like waitressing or cashiering or working at the lumber mill or the composites plant. Or being a nurse's aide, or an electrician, or the dozen other things I've thought up.

Unless MIL needs constant care or we end up backed into homeschooling, he's going to HAVE to swallow that when Ab goes to Kindergarten. I cannot stay in this house alone 37 and a half hours a week. I cannot. I will go mad. Think "The Yellow Wallpaper." "Rain Man." "Room." "Alice," the YA book by Sara Flannigan about the epileptic girl confined to a shed. Mostly "The Yellow Wallpaper." I know this like I know that I have brown hair and hazel eyes. I can volunteer if that's all he will accept, but I MUST get some kind of work outside the home.

Beyond that, I want my own money dammit!!!! Not a lot. I'd be happy with about $30 a week that I don't have to explain or ask for. I'd be ecstatic with $50 a week. I. NEED. A. JOB.

It doesn't have to be a "real" job. I refuse to babysit for pay in my home-- I'm not willing to take the risk of being alone with strangers' kids. But I could get trained as a home care assistant-- do housework and yard work for folks that can't, run their errands, take them to the store. I could do that. I could clean houses. I don't want to do it under the table b/c I want to be bonded to cover my fanny against false accusations of theft, but I could do the work. I would LOVE to clean rental units in between tenants. That's like my dream job right now. I could do that WITH Ab if they'd let me, two days a week anyway.

I need to ask for a copy of Make Your Own Job for Christmas. I gotta do something about this situation.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MC Ain't Crazy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2015, 12:32 AM

Quote:

I don't mean putting up more food incrementally. There's always that (except that I'm really almost out of reasonable places to keep it until I get that root cellar I've been wanting). Putting up more food incrementally is cheap and easy and wouldn't rattle my nerves.

I mean for serious. It makes me nervous. It comes with a whole list of I-Want-Please-Honeys. I want a woodstove, please, honey, and TSC has a manufactured home approved EPA certified one on sale for $700 plus freight. I want a cord of wood for it, honey, and the good news is that if I buy one it's less than $200. I want a bicycle trailer, please, honey, and good ones cost about $200. I want bikes for Bonnie and Clyde, please, honey, and that's another $200. If we can't do the woodstove, I would like 2 kerosene heaters, please, honey, and that's about $300 plus kerosene. I want a root cellar, please, honey. Yes, I will concede to busyness and executive functioning deficits and paranoia and have it professionally built. I don't know what that costs, but I'm certain the price tag has 4 figures left of the decimal point, honey.

We CAN afford it (not all at once, obviously, but incrementally over a year or so). Other than the root cellar anyway. I can get around that, I think.

I just CRINGE at the thought of asking for the money. Cringe doesn't cover it. I feel sick. I see spots.

And this is a stupid rant, because we are SOOOOOOOO FORTUNATE to be able to afford to keep me at home. We are SOOOOOOOOOO LUCKY. SOOOOOOOO BLESSED.

I can't have a "real" job for two and a half more years. Unless we need it for retirement, he doesn't want me to get a "real" job ever. A time-clock, shift-work, someone-else-sets-my-hours-according-to-their-needs "real" job. Like waitressing or cashiering or working at the lumber mill or the composites plant. Or being a nurse's aide, or an electrician, or the dozen other things I've thought up.

Unless MIL needs constant care or we end up backed into homeschooling, he's going to HAVE to swallow that when Ab goes to Kindergarten. I cannot stay in this house alone 37 and a half hours a week. I cannot. I will go mad. Think "The Yellow Wallpaper." "Rain Man." "Room." "Alice," the YA book by Sara Flannigan about the epileptic girl confined to a shed. Mostly "The Yellow Wallpaper." I know this like I know that I have brown hair and hazel eyes. I can volunteer if that's all he will accept, but I MUST get some kind of work outside the home.

Beyond that, I want my own money dammit!!!! Not a lot. I'd be happy with about $30 a week that I don't have to explain or ask for. I'd be ecstatic with $50 a week. I. NEED. A. JOB.

It doesn't have to be a "real" job. I refuse to babysit for pay in my home-- I'm not willing to take the risk of being alone with strangers' kids. But I could get trained as a home care assistant-- do housework and yard work for folks that can't, run their errands, take them to the store. I could do that. I could clean houses. I don't want to do it under the table b/c I want to be bonded to cover my fanny against false accusations of theft, but I could do the work. I would LOVE to clean rental units in between tenants. That's like my dream job right now. I could do that WITH Ab if they'd let me, two days a week anyway.

I need to ask for a copy of Make Your Own Job for Christmas. I gotta do something about this situation.
Is there a legitimate on-line job you could do a few hours one day a week, or an hour a day four or five days a week?
Old 11-20-2015, 08:20 AM
Elizabeth A. Davis

'HAPPY HOLIDAYS'....how I HATE that phrase. Wouldn't have it except for celebrating thanksgiving christmas and the new year for those of us that do. Ugh!!! I would rather you say happy thanksgiving or haunaka or merry Christmas etc.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,913 Times in 5,323 Posts

MC Ain't Crazy, it is very hard to be a slightly hyperactive homemaker with preschoolers. I can tell you from experience, it just is. Judging from your post you have been there, done that.

A couple of survival skills.

1. Save money at the supermarket (more later). Pay yourself $5 a week for the money you are saving the household. Manage that money well. Everybody else gets $ out of the family budget: when the Mom saves the house $7 a week why should she not collect $5? Fair is fair!

2. Take full advantage of weekends. Surely you can run errands by yourself so you can concentrate without the frequent distractions? Also plot courses so you burn less gas. Put your mind to weekends!!!!!!!!!

Or do something else: volunteer at the food pantry on weekends? You NEED to get out of the house and you need to be able to count on it!

3. Earn a little money on-line. Manage that money as you see fit. It reduces boredom and there will be times when you are bored. I like to look at swagbucks ads when it is too quiet and I earn perhaps $30 month doing that and also doing some of the shorter surveys. This might not suit you: because I am handicapped I have to sit down a few hours a day ANYWAYS to rest my legs and I do not care to read that long. I used to let the ads run while I watched the 12 O:CLOCK news and ate lunch, which worked well. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/KansasT If I did not have to sit so much I wold not bother, but as long as I am down ANYWAYS!!!!!!

I have twice said to manage the money. It is charming to guide a child writing their name for the first time but that is not complicated enough to fully engage your brain.

4. Saving household money. If you try too hard I find that I save less. But, a host of meals can be made from loss leader meats without boring the family. For chicken there is Cajun, Italian, Chinese, Mexican, and so forth. I save money by thoughtful cooking to use more of the loss leaders without my family knowing. There is usually something on sale t all times. I avoid stocking up too much as it makes things hard to find and nobody likes freezer burned meat.

5. Lastly. Have you discussed the possibility of working or a school? You will be home when the kids get home, you get summers off, etc. If you also explain about how you would get cabin fever when the kids go to school your husband might see things your way. Perhaps he could understand how you are a sociable person!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2015, 04:13 PM
Survivor

PS managing your money. Interest rates bite right now. I have money subjects on hold right now but there are other stuff I am doing so for the moment the money can sleep in the bank. I can think about what to do with it later.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:12 AM
Trapper

Thanked 2,914 Times in 681 Posts

Quote:

Sweetie! The money he brings home IS your money! You're a team.
The Following User Says Thank You to Texas Magnolia For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2015, 04:15 AM
Trapper

Thanked 2,914 Times in 681 Posts

My rant. My rant is gift cards or money gifts. I hate giving them and everyone wants them. I especially hate giving them to teens because you never get to see what they bought with your gift and most of the time teens just squander it.

Gift cards. I despise them this year. I think everyone may just get a book this year and a couple of rice packs to keep their hands warm. lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texas Magnolia For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2015, 10:54 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,581 Times in 667 Posts

Quote:

I agree with Texas, it IS your money also! With that being said, I'm literally in your situation as well.
I went and got a job, it's a work from home job. The hours are kind of sucky though. Some weeks I've worked 15 hours, but now that Thanksgiving/blackfriday are closer I'm working 35+ and I've picked up extra shifts. Not crazy about working on Thanksgiving day but I do feel like the extra money is worth it and it's just a seasonal position. I just feel I have a little more control over my life when I have some money coming in as well. Plus we can save more money, unfortunately, we need liquid cash right now for a few different things for our house and such And I'm better at saving money lol. So it works out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rikken For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2015, 11:00 AM
gagged

Thanked 9,597 Times in 2,736 Posts

My daughter has had erratic employment for the last few years. She had the same issues. I told her to make a realistic budget for the money she needs to take care of the bills and expenses she is in charge of including pocket money then sit down with her hubby and show him what she needs from him. This is her household allowance to run the house and it works for him as well as her. He still has money to pay for "his" bills and pocket money and she is not going asking for money every time a need pops up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orangenomad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2015, 03:51 PM
gagged

Thanked 9,597 Times in 2,736 Posts

I am ****ed at my husband. He thinks of himself as this super efficient organized person but he is not. Now he has lost the keys to our travel trailer. We have out of town people coming in for the holidays. I tell him I need the keys so I can check out the trailer and make sure it's ready. He says well they are in the key box, they are not. I know he lost them because he was working on the water heater awhile back and I have not been in there since. He does not want us to use the trailer for the guest but I do, it would be nice for everyone to have the privacy. Now we have a 30' travel trailer that we are either going to have to pay a locksmith to get into or break into it we need that extra space. He refuses to admit he lost the keys just keeps saying they are in the box but won't look and wont help find them. Passive aggressive much?
The Following User Says Thank You to orangenomad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2015, 06:47 PM
Survivor

My own "allowance" is now $20 a week. I give it to myself, from the household budget. I bought a candy bar today, just because I wanted it.

It isn't what you buy, it is knowing you CAN buy it that prevents a person from feeling poor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kansas Terri For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2015, 09:10 PM

Traffic and parking. Went to get the turkey today from the store I only go to for the Thanksgiving turkey and the parking lot was full, overflowing, and stupid. Wouldn't be so bad, but this grocery store shares the lot with several other stores, and the parking lot isn't big enough. The grocery store, itself, wasn't bad... about 5 minutes in line, and then back out into the madness.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:54 AM
Ooops - missed heddle

Thanked 1,644 Times in 756 Posts
Default Angel Character

Totally stupid rant, except it's about the death of someone. I've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and now Angel on Netflix. I'm on season 2 of Angel, and I loved the character Lorne, played by Andy Hallet. He was the anagogic demon that ran and sang in a karoke bar.

Dammitall! He died because of an original dental infection when he was just 33. What a terrific loss of talent. He had a dental infection that went to his heart and caused cardiomyopathy, which killed him 5 years later.

Shrug, I'm still ticked at John Candy and Raul Julia for dying. Candy could have lost weight. Poor Raul couldn't have done anything. Still I miss them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weft For This Useful Post: