Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Australia and New Zealand ANZACS

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My long term wilderness survival pack Voodoo8648 Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 35 02-21-2019 12:34 AM
Long term wilderness survival...how prepared? freedomlovingman Polls and Surveys 12 08-25-2013 11:49 PM
Caves For Long Term Wilderness Survival Yehudi Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 26 10-22-2012 03:51 PM
Living long term in the wilderness...what type of enviroment? thebushman Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 32 01-31-2012 03:41 PM
How long could you last in the wilderness without seeing another living soul? caliguy2010 Polls and Surveys 38 11-29-2011 11:57 PM
Long term wilderness survival... Metcalf Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 111 09-06-2011 09:53 AM
Best locations for long term prep / living / survival? Awakened1 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 29 06-17-2010 01:07 AM
Your Choice Of Equipment for Long-term Wilderness Survival & Why? Le Loup Australia and New Zealand 55 05-28-2010 03:04 AM
Long-term survival. Wilderness and rural retreat. Le Loup Australia and New Zealand 0 07-22-2009 10:56 PM

Old 04-15-2013, 08:31 PM

Advertise Here

Thanks ozjoel. Spot on mate. And as a sugar cane farmer I am here to tell you there isn't one cane farmer who wouldn't sell his farm if could because it sure doesn't make any money. Too many people are making a living off the farmer's back. They eat the peach and we get left with the seed. The average age of sugar cane farmers is around 67 and not many sons want to take over an enterprise that just bleeds money away. (Besides, it would be child abuse to pass it on to your kids.) The NWO does not intend for Australia to be the bread basket it used to be. When a nation cannot feed itself it belongs to which ever one provides the food!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigmama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Hiker

Wilderness living Part 4. In Australia.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Le Loup For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2013, 10:13 AM

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I hope the worst never comes Farmer John, Lifes great.
Nice post mate
The Following User Says Thank You to HappyJackSlade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Loup View Post
I have been reading the American thread on tools for survival, & it seems to me that lots of people are being very unrealistic in their prepping. Or maybe it is just that Australia is different & therefore we think differently because our geography is different.
I have been told time & time again that there is going to be too much competition in wild areas to allow anyone to survive. I disagree. I think many people underestimate how hard it is going to be without the required skills already in place. People are busy adding this & that to their "Bug-Out" bag & vehicle, & the adding never seems to stop. If any of these people ever have to ditch their vehicle, there is going to be a lot of gear left behind.
I am not going to tell you what you need to do, or what I think you should carry, each to their own. But primitive skills is something that is not learnt overnight, & when you need them, you need them right away. Now is the time to learn & practice, not when you are already in the middle of a survival situation.
Think about the tools you will need to help you settle in the wilderness. Not just weapons, but tools for starting gardens, for constructing shelters. Some of these tools are heavy, so you have to choose wisely. You only carry what you NEED. Do you take tool handles or do you make them on site & just carry the tool heads? What tools could double as weapons & therefore be carried with handles?
Never forget Pots they are one of the hardest things to make or improvise.
Learning to make things or even working with ones hands soon teaches what tools will be needed unfortunately kids and plenty of adults today dont have any idea how to do things for them selves or even how things work.

for instance my wife fixed my sons car this morning(in order to get the parts needed to fix it properly need a new coil lead) to my daughters amazement my wife popped the bonnet zip tied the coil cable back on itself(worn in half) to get the current to run.....something i am going to have to work on but people have no....interest in learning old school things as they dont see the need and you crazy if you try to tell them other wise.......yes it frustrates me as my parents and grandparents all made it clear how hard their lives had been and encouraged any out door type efforts i made...camping(mountains forest cold hot and Deserts) hunting ,fishing, bush tucker etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Loup View Post
Who in your group carries what?
If you are travelling as a small family the importance of your choices are far greater. Do your children have their own packs? Are they used to carrying these packs? Will they "spit the dummy" if the time ever comes to leave home fast? Do you take modern firearms or 18th century firearms? Do you carry a bow? Who picks the trail? Who is rear guard? There is a lot of thinking & deciding to do if you have not done it already, & you better be ready when the time comes to go.
So, are you ready yet?
some of this is shown above but this is a Big issue in my case(and other peoples) people like a soft easy life and they have had it so long that they cannot imagine it any other way

so yes there will be Dummy spits

IF you have a group who are fit and mentally prep'ed then half the fight is won just learn about shelter food and the environment you! have to fit into

Just as a General question did the Bush tucker man ever come to Tas...... as i know there's not much out there to eat in the way of native plants
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theMISSIONARY For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Hiker

Default Edible Flora.

[QUOTE=

Just as a General question did the Bush tucker man ever come to Tas...... as i know there's not much out there to eat in the way of native plants[/QUOTE]

No, he had a contract to search out useful plants in the Territory only as far as I know.
But knowing what there is not is good, that way you do not waste valuable time & energy looking for it.
Regards, Keith.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Le Loup For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2013, 11:27 PM
Hiker

Default Winter camping in a Wigwam.

Trying out a wigwam this winter.

Rolls of inner stringybark for making cordage.

Not a very clear image, but it may give you some idea of the area we will be camping in this winter.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Le Loup For This Useful Post: