What was your "Prep" for today? - Page 1918 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Link to the "Surviving Disaster" Series - Great to watch for emergency prep. ideas! survive Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 27 08-26-2019 04:51 AM
Non "Rambo" Prep Helmet Nate74 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 71 07-15-2019 08:29 AM
Finally... a sane answer to "Why do we prep?" SurvivorGirlAL Jokes, Humor & Music 16 06-12-2019 07:58 PM
The Media asks " Why Prep" Northern Raider British Isles and ROI 33 12-07-2017 08:20 AM
Food Prices "will double by 2030" - Oxfam. Time to prep with a home garden? Jubbles Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 130 03-12-2017 02:12 PM
National Geographic has "I Escaped A Cult" in between "Doomsday Preppers" today. Libertarianism 4 All General Discussion 17 03-05-2017 10:08 AM
Article shows how most "sheeple" prep. potatoheadman Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 52 11-05-2016 10:38 PM
An "Emergency Prep Poster" in Japan landline000 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 19 07-25-2016 01:17 AM
Neighbor "found" me online, knows I prep now... AARGH! joyfulheart Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 126 09-02-2014 11:49 PM

Old 10-03-2019, 08:49 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 24,795 Times in 9,045 Posts

Advertise Here

Absolutely Awesome. A hand up is way more useful than a hand out.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2019, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 13,142 Times in 3,481 Posts

I got the ATV winch installed, didnt get the soar array rebuilt, had to completely disassemble the frame. Should have it rebuilt tomorrow.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 9mmMike For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2019, 10:59 PM
You were the Executioner.

Thanked 1,135 Times in 337 Posts

God bless you BB.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mazarine33 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2019, 11:15 PM
I have control issues

Thanked 6,819 Times in 2,803 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Got a 2nd pair of my prescription orthotics. Having a backup pair is a GOOD thing, especially as hard as I am on shoes and orthotics. (My feet are really screwed up, but the orthotics help, a LOT.) I'll probably get 2 more pairs in a couple of months. That should last me for a couple of years, at least.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceFire For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2019, 11:38 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 23,332 Times in 7,135 Posts

Going to can 18 quarts of ranch style beans, which includes some BBQed pulled pork.

Old 10-04-2019, 12:08 AM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 13,372 Times in 4,317 Posts

Had the other half of my years firewood delivered.

Nice couple in their 30's. New people that I found this year. Brought me some of the driest, cheapest and well split would I've ever had. The guy was open carrying a S&W M&P which got him extra points in my book. Hope they keep it up and I can order from them next year. Lot of people sell wood here, not many are actually dependable.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 02:24 AM
VIP Member

Made an appointment today with a local crematory to pay for my cremation, + gave them several suitable small vintage high quality containers to divide up & place my ash's in (sifted so they contain ash only). Also going to order small engraved (with pertinent info) brass plaques to attach to those containers.

Just trying in advance to make my passing as easy, simple & straight forward as possible for my wife & family.

Old 10-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Hunter

Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerbuster View Post
Made an appointment today with a local crematory to pay for my cremation, + gave them several suitable small vintage high quality containers to divide up & place my ash's in (sifted so they contain ash only). Also going to order small engraved (with pertinent info) brass plaques to attach to those containers.

Just trying in advance to make my passing as easy, simple & straight forward as possible for my wife & family.

It's not a subject that gets talked about much but is an important prep for our families.
My father made arrangements for cremation and prepaid it years ago. When he passed in 2007 it made things much easier. I knew his wishes and didn't have to go back and forth with relatives over arrangements. Some of them are opposed to cremation.
Also, rather than rush to arrange a service, I was able to plan a nice memorial a month or so later. Family members were able to have time to make travel arrangements. A dear friend set up and catered the service and a pastor friend of mine (Chaplain at our local VA) officiated. It was a nice and un-stressful celebration of my father's life and what he would have wanted.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 09:51 AM
Survivor

Thanked 38,722 Times in 11,542 Posts

Quote:

You should have the eagle affixed to it so we know itís you. And for scale.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tedlovesjeeps71 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 02:50 PM
You were the Executioner.

Thanked 1,135 Times in 337 Posts

What is the box made of? Marble? Onyx? It's beautiful. Maybe maple? I can't tell.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazarine33 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 03:26 PM
VIP Member

Got the solar array frame rebuilt, after three hours in the sun it was enough for today, will remount the panels tomorrow when it is supposed to be cooler.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 9mmMike For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 04:20 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarine33 View Post
What is the box made of? Marble? Onyx? It's beautiful. Maybe maple? I can't tell.
Inlaid Jade.....
Old 10-05-2019, 01:10 AM
A marathon not a sprint

Thanked 15,605 Times in 3,837 Posts

Our family over 50 have all selected their final resting place for their cremated remains on this property and my grandfather is already buried under a chestnut tree . I agree these plans need to be in place to streamline a difficult transition .

In the last week we prepped the ground where I will be building a small garden tool shed , and another site for a duck shelter. Planted a black walnut, two Bing cherry , a japanese pepper tree, 4 pawpaw, a black currant and an Illinois everbearing currant and predug 3 holes and posted for protecting the next acquisition of nut trees. Finished bracing the floor joists on the hayloft floor. Burned 1 and a half brush piles with 2 and a half left , of which realistically, I may get two burned before winter as the wet season is already upon us .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hilltopper For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 04:39 AM
VIP Member

A couple more artic type winter fur hats.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:03 AM
VIP Member

Just an FYI:

Rechargeable Plasma lighters ignite wax dipped make up remover pads quick.

Placed in flammable cellophane so the tinder pads don't stick together in hot weather.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:20 AM
Survivor

Thanked 38,722 Times in 11,542 Posts

Up at 0330 to get ready for a weekend of playing Army. Wife asked me to open the big ďshutterĒ I made to cover the sliding glass door. After Iím dressed I grab my lil mag lite and walk around the house to unbolt the locks and open it. Just as Iím walking around the back side of the house something catches my eye. I look down and had to do a triple take to make sure I wasnít dreaming. There in the grass is about 3 feet of shed snake skin. it was too dark to look closer but hopefully itís too cold for its owner to be around. More importantly, I hope the wind blows it away before the wife gets up and sees it. Shed have a heart attack.
Hopefully itís from a bull snake and not a rattler. Maybe Iíll find out later. Hopefully not.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tedlovesjeeps71 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 11:29 PM
I have control issues

Thanked 6,819 Times in 2,803 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Took the car in to the shop this morning for some Preventative Maintenance--oil change, replace engine air filter, and replaced the battery that was starting to leak acid. Figured it was better to replace it NOW that wait for it to fail when I could least afford it to.

Also worked with husband and daughter to add to the fencing in the goat/cow pen...blocking the area behind the shelter so the little brats can't get back there and get their heads stuck in the wire fencing behind the panels. We also set up where the new gate entrance will be. We're expanding the side out into where the horse corral had been then moving the front back a bit, so that we have an easier time driving past there.

Also went on a hay run to pick up another 4 bales. Goat doe is now giving a quart per milking, so that amounts to about a half gallon a day.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceFire For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2019, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

Got the array rewired had to replace both actuators, the solar position sensor and the controller. Now to build its brother array...after replacing one panel, the actuators, the solar position sensor and the controller...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2060CF33-D050-46F6-8888-8B94C1CDAFE0.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	292528  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 9mmMike For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2019, 02:26 PM
SoJer

Thanked 2,723 Times in 902 Posts

Quote:
Made an appointment today with...]
Kudos for being that-level considerate, but.. Eh, you've got Plenty of miles left, Cap'n..

PS - Keep us posted (here, if possible, since there's Such a torrent of 'new posts', herein..) on that 'Mining claim advice' thread.. I want In in the classroom..

..anyway, not much of a 'prep', per-se, but.. Chanced upon a great deal on some 'labware' (to add-to / supplant the existing pieces..) Great for making, ya know.. "stuff"...

...not bad for $20. eh? Gotta love 'surplus places'...

jd
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bomex.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	292536  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SoJ_51 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2019, 02:30 PM
Cynical Thinker

Thanked 4,636 Times in 609 Posts

Emptied the chest freezer to defrost, rotate and reorganize the contents. I find comfort in having several coolers in various sizes plus a spare 75qt. one.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EventHorizon For This Useful Post: