Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from the Rocky Mtns. Sidewinder 319 New Member Introduction 20 01-31-2016 09:30 PM
Hi from the Cascade Mtns. Reboot New Member Introduction 20 01-25-2016 09:48 PM
New from Rocky Mtns. FrancherChick New Member Introduction 17 11-24-2015 10:00 AM
Nc mtns Krismet New Member Introduction 22 09-19-2011 09:43 AM
Hello From the Blue Ridge Mtns of Va. bugman0914 New Member Introduction 15 06-26-2011 09:53 AM
To return or not return. That is the question- MSR Miniworks survivalworld Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 11 03-17-2011 09:16 PM
After you BO, do you plan to ever return? armedpilgrim Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 15 04-29-2009 02:07 PM
Hi from the Pocono Mtns of PA heavyjay New Member Introduction 12 04-18-2009 08:13 PM

Old 08-20-2016, 04:04 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,075 Times in 612 Posts
Default Tucson Transplant with Plan to Return to Wht Mtns

Advertise Here

Just wondering if there are others in the Tucson area with a plan to head to the White Mountains when shtf. I would consider a support group (verification of details would be required) in the event that travel under duress is necessary.

I'm considering safety in traveling (should we have to hike it home, especially), and wouldn't mind knowing who else may be on the road; looking for folks who would be safe candidate(s) to join forces with for safety.

If I was returning home (White Mountains) in a vehicle with extra room I would be glad to offer a ride. I don't want to leave fellow preppers stranded if they seek to get along with others.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2016, 09:36 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,265 Times in 662 Posts

Community is essential. I opine that with the correct changes (physical infrastructure and ďmentalĒ) Tucson has potential. Post collapse, my estimate is that it will take a city of around a million to maintain full local services and continue to develop.
For those in Tucson, consider:

Southern Arizona Preppers
http://www.meetup.com/Southern-Arizo...mbers/3921570/
Oath Keepers
http://www.meetup.com/Tucson-Oath-Keepers/
Weíve attended several meetings of the two groups. Mutual Assistance Groupís (MAG) have been brought up, but either no one really wants to ďexposeĒ themselves, or they donít trust me and I do not hear of such. Of course, I admit to not actually making much effort along MAG lines myself. (OPSEC, paranoia, and suchÖ)

Ronald Frederick Greek (Fred)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unno2002 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2016, 02:51 PM
VIP Member

Thanks, I appreciate that. I don't se myself going to a meeting though (I don't discount this group as being a "meeting"; probably even worse as there are permanent records. Nonetheless, I would like to make contact with folks who are going to trek to NE AZ when the SHTF.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ellen For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2017, 11:37 AM
Semper Fi

Thanked 10,330 Times in 3,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unno2002 View Post
Community is essential. I opine that with the correct changes (physical infrastructure and “mental”) Tucson has potential. Post collapse, my estimate is that it will take a city of around a million to maintain full local services and continue to develop.
For those in Tucson, consider:

Southern Arizona Preppers
http://www.meetup.com/Southern-Arizo...mbers/3921570/
Oath Keepers
http://www.meetup.com/Tucson-Oath-Keepers/
We’ve attended several meetings of the two groups. Mutual Assistance Group’s (MAG) have been brought up, but either no one really wants to “expose” themselves, or they don’t trust me and I do not hear of such. Of course, I admit to not actually making much effort along MAG lines myself. (OPSEC, paranoia, and such…)

Ronald Frederick Greek (Fred)
Where is the food coming from to feed those million people?

As to the OP, it is unclear if you already have a place to head for in the White Mts or are simply looking to get back to somewhere you once lived?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 01:35 AM
VIP Member

AZ counties have lockdown travel restrictions in place in case of emergencies. I was involved in Navajo County Government until ‘14, and knew of the emergency planning and its secrecy. The most key bit of information to those thinking they’re getting to their BOL here or there within the state is that unless you have state ID proving your residential address in a county you will not be able to pass, at least in AZ. I’d assume most counties in other states have similar travel restrictions in place as well; I’m not sure though. Crossing through another county will be acceptable but only if it’s en route to proof of residence on your photo ID.

This enforcement requires check points which require bodies/staffing. I’d imagine many people leaving their assigned posts should such measures be enacted. Who wants to risk their lives securing a check point?! Navajo county in the ‘80 estimated 1 million firearms with a population near 50k (kind of a population guess, but it’s a small county....with lots of fire power).

PLEASE BE PREPARED TO SHOW ID ��
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 01:48 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
AZ counties have lockdown travel restrictions in place in case of emergencies. I was involved in Navajo County Government until Ď14, and knew of the emergency planning and its secrecy. The most key bit of information to those thinking theyíre getting to their BOL here or there within the state is that unless you have state ID proving your residential address in a county you will not be able to pass, at least in AZ. Iíd assume most counties in other states have similar travel restrictions in place as well; Iím not sure though. Crossing through another county will be acceptable but only if itís en route to proof of residence on your photo ID.

This enforcement requires check points which require bodies/staffing. Iíd imagine many people leaving their assigned posts should such measures be enacted. Who wants to risk their lives securing a check point?! Navajo county in the Ď80 estimated 1 million firearms with a population near 50k (kind of a population guess, but itís a small county....with lots of fire power).

PLEASE BE PREPARED TO SHOW ID ��
Sorry but 1 million guns divided by 50K people equals 20 guns for every man, woman and child, so while there probably is a lot of guns I doubt your figure was accurate.

Navajo is also not a small county (at least size wise) as it is the 11th largest in America. Apache county is 6th.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:28 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
Sorry but 1 million guns divided by 50K people equals 20 guns for every man, woman and child, so while there probably is a lot of guns I doubt your figure was accurate.

Navajo is also not a small county (at least size wise) as it is the 11th largest in America. Apache county is 6th.
I grew up in the largest towns of Navajo County with a population of 12,000 people. It wasnít my figure either.

I know one person in Snowflake, population of 3500-4000, with 1200 firearms, and 4 million rounds. I didnít count the rounds, but Iíve seen the guns and ammo with my own eyes. People in Navajo County are armed; itís tradition.

My figure is a guess. I know what Iíve seen. Itís not uncommon for a household to have 40+ firearms just as a weekend hobby collection.

Navajo County is the second poorest county in the state, followed by Apache. In terms of population, they are tiny.

20 guns per man, woman, and child isnít good enough? Where else has those numbers? I live in Tucson now, population 1 million, and I would be shocked if there was one firearm per man, woman, and child here. I know more anti-gun people here than I know who own a gun. In Navajo County itís common to be in line in a bank with more than one person open carrying. No one bats an eye. No one. Do that in Tucson and see what happens.

Nothing I mentioned was for argumentís sake. Itís just an observation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ellen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2019, 07:45 PM
read more, post less

AS I live in Navajo county as well (stigreaves hopefully soon), I can say that there are a lot of guns here. Most folks own more than one. The one person that Ellen mentions covers 75 people for the 20 gun per person average. While it sounds pretty far fetched, it could actually be fairly close.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teddyearp For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2019, 05:59 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
AS I live in Navajo county as well (stigreaves hopefully soon), I can say that there are a lot of guns here. Most folks own more than one. The one person that Ellen mentions covers 75 people for the 20 gun per person average. While it sounds pretty far fetched, it could actually be fairly close.
I wasn't doubting that there were plenty of guns. Just the pulled out of a hat number.

I thought Sitgreaves was dead in the water.

Personally I'm not all that for it as while you guys in Navajo county say it will lower your property taxes, I see it doing the opposite for mine in Apache county. Since from what I understand your tax is about 3 times what we are charged. I pay $500 and was told that would be $1500 for same property if located in Navajo county. So if the new county lowers your tax by half (win for you) but then mine get raised to the (lower for you) new rate I am losing on the deal.

Last edited by Steve_In_29; 07-30-2019 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: added information
Old 08-03-2019, 03:23 PM

Phoenix is going the way of Tuscon... you used to see plenty of open carry there but not so much anymore. Lots of cat-ladies and soyboy's. Folks are from from Cali, Detroit, Phili & South America or Africa-- and almost no-one is from AZ. Everything is gentrified or corporate: either a hipster place with crappy kid food and weirdos or big box stores and chains. Nothing left of the traditional town or its ways. it reminds me of what I saw happening to Florida back in the 80's with the New Jersey & Hati invaders. Glad to be gone from both. I haven't found a major city in the US where this isn't happening though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eleven11 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2019, 06:13 PM
Most Thankful Guy here

Thanked 47,692 Times in 18,821 Posts

Many in the Phoenix area have gone to concealed carry. Although over the last couple of years I have noticed more open carry than in the past.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:13 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 54,300 Times in 18,790 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven11 View Post
Phoenix is going the way of Tuscon... you used to see plenty of open carry there but not so much anymore. Lots of cat-ladies and soyboy's. Folks are from from Cali, Detroit, Phili & South America or Africa-- and almost no-one is from AZ. Everything is gentrified or corporate: either a hipster place with crappy kid food and weirdos or big box stores and chains. Nothing left of the traditional town or its ways. it reminds me of what I saw happening to Florida back in the 80's with the New Jersey & Hati invaders. Glad to be gone from both. I haven't found a major city in the US where this isn't happening though.
The same thing happened to Denver. I came here for that "old west," "gun slingin'" atmosphere but all you see are homeless pigs -- that's to say -- people who have chosen to live like pigs without contributing a single, useful thing to society. Not all homeless people are "pigs." Anyway, if you don't see them, then you see idiots with purple or green or pink hair dye (males and females). Almost everyone is left wing. And it's also why I'm leaving next week.
The Following User Says Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2019, 10:08 PM

Denver is farther along than we are, but AZ is next in line for their special treatment-- of that I am sure.