Survivalist Forum banner

Cen/Northern California preppers group?

18K views 52 replies 25 participants last post by  NCalHippie 
#1 ·
Hi all,

My wife and I are new to prepping but we are looking for a group of other like minded people in our general area of Stockton. Possibly even considering starting one up. After all there is safety in numbers. Currently the wife and I are looking at land in far NE California. But until that comes about will have to make do with what we have. Anyone interested in meeting up, or sharing information on a established group would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

C & C

#27 ·
Weather is starting to turn so if we do a NorCal meet, it should be soon.

Options? Throw some ideas out there and see if some stick.

Dinner at a restaurant?
Plan a camping trip?
Meet at a State Park?
Your two cents?

Old thread, no interest?
Hi tessa!

have you found a group yet? my wife and i are new to this forum but are activley looking to establish a solid network of trusted peeps.

#13 ·
Fairly new to prepping though I'm not unfamiliar with it. I'm from Napa currently but will be relocating to Modesto sometime shortly. Looking for a group to get involved with that would be willing to give me some pointers occasionally to supplement my reading and research. Already stockpiling so I should be feeling a little more comfortable in 6 months or so. Also serious about future plans.

#19 ·
Welcome to the group from Solano County! I frequently drive your way to visit family.
What are your main interests? I'm into just about all needlework and sewing, beekeeping, dehydrating, solar beeswax processing, beeswax products, DIY remodeling, writing, canning, organic gardening, chickens and just bought a metal detector!
I would love to see Nor Cal plan a camp out this coming year! Someplace that would fit everyone's preference, tents, trailer, or rough.

#44 ·
Welcome to the group from Solano County! I frequently drive your way to visit family.
What are your main interests? I'm into just about all needlework and sewing, beekeeping, dehydrating, solar beeswax processing, beeswax products, DIY remodeling, writing, canning, organic gardening, chickens and just bought a metal detector!
I would love to see Nor Cal plan a camp out this coming year! Someplace that would fit everyone's preference, tents, trailer, or rough.
Hello, I'm in Solano county as well. Is your group still active?

#31 ·
NorCal Hippie, make sure you get permission from the local jurisdiction to use firearms on the property(s) before making the purchase. if you haven't done so already. just because it's in the country, doesn't mean that common sense applies to things like that, especially if you plan to divide and resell.
While I am new to this forum, i am an experienced GC and have seen a lot of pitfalls with things like that recently.
Good luck with the purchase.