Votes: 5 3.6%
  • 6+ months

Votes: 54 38.8%

How much food do you keep stored?

9K views 33 replies 30 participants last post by  NCalHippie 
#1 ·
How much food do you keep stored?

#30 ·
Anything less than a year's worth leaves me feeling vulnerable. I have a very deep pantry and am working on LTS. The other basics I have covered except a long term bug out. I need more weapons as well, having sold many when I was out for a year.

#32 ·
In our group, we have plans to eat very well for 14-15 months. Food, water purification, first aide are all in good shape with ZERO help from the gardens. It was done this way because if we do have a shtf situation, we will not have the added stress of eating to everything else that might be going on.

Going in the 2nd year we will have to rely more on garden foods mixed in with the preps along with some live stock choices (long story) but we have horses.

Going into the third year, we will be on God's good humor.

#33 ·
There are 15 sealed 5 gallon containers in the barn. Some are 20 y/o. Mostly grain and beans. Since we are rattling sabers with Iran, I bought 50# of wheat and ordered 25 #10 cans of various stuff on line Sunday. Delivery is scheduled for Wednesday. Wednesday is shopping day. Some stores do senior discount so we shop that day. I'll pick up 50# of sugar and several boxes of pectin. Will can fruit from our trees this summer. We have several years of fruit and jelly stashed. Our grain stores can also be used to feed our chickens. Botton line is about a year of regular meals and another year of subsistence. If the trees bear fruit, the garden produces and the chickens hatch, we can go a long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.