Notices

Advertise Here

Old 06-10-2020, 07:53 AM
High Concept

Thanked 7,427 Times in 2,669 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post
You may indeed be called upon to make that sacrifice. But that doesn't mean you seek out the headsman.

God does not expect us to abandon reason.
To enter the Kingdom of Heaven all must sacrifice their will and volition.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2020, 07:58 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 34,032 Times in 11,909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rett View Post
To enter the Kingdom of Heaven all must sacrifice their will and volition.
But not sacrifice all our emergency provisions during an emergency.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:21 AM
High Concept

Only The Will of The Father is done in Heaven. Those who fail to do His Will which is above all to Love, can never enter Heaven. They are not fit for it.

“Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.”

Give to all who ask, they will be sent you. Give to the ungrateful as a penance for your ingratitudes. If it really hurts to give to the ungrateful, then you really needed to.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:28 AM
High Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
What if the Lord is asking you to sacrifice your life as witness for Him, and you are hard pressed to sacrifice your trifling provisions.

If you can’t sacrifice a small things you will fail in anything greater.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:50 AM
High Concept

When we say the “ Our Father “ we are recognising everyone else as our brothers and sisters under the same Father.

This is the collective family prayer to The Father. If we do recognise family here, then we will be part of the family in Heaven.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:59 AM
Possum Lover

Thanked 27,496 Times in 9,822 Posts

You are limited access now so I will just say I think it is sad to think you feel you must give up all your preps, endangering your family by bringing home derelicts, etc. because you feel you MUST or God will SEND YOU TO HELL.

You have clearly never experienced grace and the fact that salvation comes WITHOUT price. I like MY God a lot better than I like yours and I thank Him I don't have to earn my way. Because, at the end of it, no one is worthy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2020, 08:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 47,262 Times in 13,809 Posts

If he's single and chooses that for himself I suppose he's free to do that. But as for me, I believe I have somewhat of a responsibility to my family. You know that's the interesting thing about the relationship of Christ and the Church. The scriptures tell us that Christ loved the Church, and gave himself for it....not that He sacrificed the Church also. In the same way, a husband has an obligation to protect his wife, and his family as a whole. To do otherwise is, the bible points out, like being an unbeliever. If ever you think God is telling you otherwise, I suggest that the voice you hear is not God!
The Following User Says Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2020, 08:26 PM
Possum Lover

Well said Merlin.

Now a single man has a vastly different deck. He can do whatever he wants.

I will never forget one time my husband had a friend stay the night on our couch, it was a tiny apartment. A couple of days later the guy bragged about instigating a gang rape. I was horrified that man had slept under my roof and thanked God I had not gotten his attention. He didn't give enough details for me to report him and it had been about 20 years so the statute had probably expired... but really a horrible realization for me.

We agreed, after that, not to have overnight guests. You have to be careful.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post
If he's single and chooses that for himself I suppose he's free to do that. But as for me, I believe I have somewhat of a responsibility to my family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
Now a single man has a vastly different deck. He can do whatever he wants.
Sad to see people ignoring the fact that a single man is not a rogue man. That is, a single man STILL has a family and family responsibilities.

Quote:
I certainly understand my responsibility to protect myself. Who, by the way, was also made in the image of God.

While I understand the Appeal to Emotion in invoking women and children, I reject the principle that a man is a sacrificial animal. Being sacrificed to Group A (women and children) is no better than being sacrificed to Group B (generic panhandlers, looters, bad guys - bums) or sacrificed to Group C (government via transfer of wealth schemes, prison or military 'service').

Finally, I look at my wife, children, and grandchildren as natural extensions of myself. I realize the false gospel promotors of charity always want us all to consider everyone extensions of themselves, that falsehood does not hold up to scrutiny. Again, see Rev 20:15 where Jesus ultimately throws people into the Lake of Fire on Judgement Day. Sometimes, no matter how bad you feel about it, you got to take the trash out!
Other single men have fathers, brothers, nephews, nieces, sister's and a mother he may be responsible for, if not preferentially care for over his neighbors.
Be prudent, always. Worry, never. Jer 15:16
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2020, 10:52 AM
High Concept

Quote:
If you lost everything through some disaster and were on the move for some weeks with your family. Do you want to encounter someone who thinks like me or thinks like you?

Would I be a stupid idiot sharing my families resources with you and yours? Should I turn you away at gun point? Call you filthy scavengers?

Hot food, shelter, protection, fellowship and consolation out of reach?
Old 06-11-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rett View Post
If you lost everything through some disaster and were on the move for some weeks with your family. Do you want to encounter someone who thinks like me or thinks like you?
You mean, my preference matters? Or only when I am a charity case?

Last edited by PeterEnergy; 06-11-2020 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: guess --> case
Old 06-11-2020, 02:25 PM
Possum Lover

Rhett, very good odds a vagrant could be a criminal of some sort. Do you really want to wake up to your wife being raped? Or your kids gone?

Again, if you're single (you refuse to answer that) I can see your perspective, you don't have any direct family to lose... but if you do have wife/kids you could be at a big risk.

Some of you have no doubt seen the episode of Criminal Minds where various mothers took in a "boy in trouble" only to be murdered for their trouble, he was only about 11 years old but had a real taste for hurting people already. Some people are just born bad. I do my best to avoid them.
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2020, 06:32 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 13,027 Times in 5,434 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default The message is:

Exclusive from Gen. Flynn: Forces of Evil Want To Steal Our Freedom in the Dark of Night, But God Stands with Us...

''There are seminal moments in American history that test every fiber of our nation’s soul.
We are facing one now.''

https://www.westernjournal.com/exclu...god-stands-us/

Encouragement for Today from a man that has lost everything but his faith being falsely accused...God is using this man right now, today.