Using deadly force to protect a law enforcement officer? - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here

Old 06-28-2020, 07:39 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,031 Posts

Advertise Here

Can you protect any human? Yes? Then why would the person being in uniform change anything?
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2020, 08:54 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,588 Times in 654 Posts

This is the last incident I remember 2012:

https://www.policeone.com/officer-sa...y7HQgxkb4h2um/

https://wwwpopblogger.blogspot.com/2...es-police.html

I also remember an incident from when I was a teenager where a guy got the drop on a DPS officer at a traffic stop and had the officer on the ground and was about to shoot him, when a gentleman on his way home from hunting saw this, he pulled his truck over and shot the perp before he could kill the DPS officer.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:17 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,459 Times in 477 Posts
Default Third party self defense

In Kentucky, defense of someone other than yourself is called "Third party self defense"

In defense of your self, the law states you must be in fear of your life, suffering great boldly harm , rape, sodomy or arson of a significant building.

For third party self defense, you must know in fact that the third party is in such danger.

The third party could be your wife, a stranger or a cop .
Old 06-28-2020, 11:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 37,075 Times in 8,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseman View Post
During a traffic stop when the driver exited the car, he attacked the officer. The officer was getting beat up when a cc civilian stopped and ordered the man to stop. He had the officer down and was hitting him. The perp didn't stop so the civilian asked the officer what he should do. The officer said to shoot him which he did.
I remember when this happened.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:24 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,556 Times in 783 Posts

Right now, legal or not doesn't seem to matter. Only the color of your skin. It's election year.
The Following User Says Thank You to nicktide For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 09:51 PM
Hail to the King, Baby

Thanked 3,918 Times in 1,069 Posts

Because the human in uniform might see another person with a gun, NOT in a uniform, and shoot them a lot.

I started a thread on this subject a long while ago, about how to avoid getting shot if I helped a cop who was in a bad way/gunfight. The responses, as I remember, were not favorable for it tobe a wise thing to do if said cop had a gun in his hand.

Notice that two of these assistances had rifles and were at a distance. The third one was while the officer had his hands full, and TOLD the dude to shoot.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post
BACK WHEN I was working UC I heard a call go over the radio of a state car armpit deep into it inside the city(they liked to come in and poach) Anyway, I was close, rolled up in my UC car, got out looking like the biker I was being and asked the trooper if I could help him.

The troop did a double take, looked hard, realized who I was and started laughing his butt off, all the while trying to maintain control of the 3 guys he had on the fence while his partner was on foot chasing in the dark. He got his composure and said "Why thank you citizen. do you have a gun? If so, and any of these guys try to run just shoot them for me."And it got really quiet on the fence. I told him OK, I'll do my best but all I have is a shotgun so it could be really messy. NOW, the guys on the fence are barely breathing.
a few seconds later some of my depts cars started coming in to assist and I departed out of there.

In all my years in LE there were only a couple of times I ever needed to assist another officer when I wasn't working. That was one and another was when I was on one of my bike trips. I was in Wyoming in the middle of someplace, where you had to go through no where to get there. It was REMOTE. Anyway, I came up on a female trooper having a real furball with a guy and she was trying hard but it just didn't seem to be going too well. He was just a fair bit bigger than her but you had to admire the fight she was putting up. They never even saw me approach once I got off the bike as they were otherwise occupied with other things. (besides, I rode a BMW so it was very quiet, not like those ear splitting HDs)

They were in this scrum rolling around on the ground. The guy was on top. I grabbed the guy and before he could go "HUH?" I put him out. As the troopette was regaining her feet and composure I said, "I'm a cop, gimme your cuffs. " She was still kinda shocked, she just handed them over and I cliky'd him up and threw him into the back of her cruiser.

Pulled my ID, She started to write and I went "Nope. You want to do me a favor, I was never here. As far as anyone knows, you were the only one here and if he squacks all he is doing is making up a story so he isn't embarrassed by you kicking his azz and taking him in by yourself. And the last thing I need is to be hauled back here as a witness on some kind assault trial""
She got a big grin on her face and said she liked the sound of that and said she would keep me out of it.
Dude, I have been on these boards since 2011 and lately, you are my favorite member. I dig your insight, respect your experience and service and always draw wisdom from your posts. A humble thank you for being active.

Last edited by Braunschweige Bandit; 06-29-2020 at 11:31 PM.. Reason: Spell check
Old 06-30-2020, 07:53 PM

“BLUE LIVES MATTER”. In this family no one fights alone!
Old 07-01-2020, 11:23 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH View Post
"I shot center mass of the exposed portion of the threat."

"I continued firing until the threat was eliminated."

Straight out of the training manual.
agreed. however I would say soemthing more like "I fired 1 shot reassessed the threat then fired 1 more round (rinse and repeat)until the threat was neutralized." but obviously YMMV
Old 07-02-2020, 07:48 AM
Prepared

in some states you have more standing if the officer asks for help, so if possible you ask the officer if he wants you to help him if he responds yes then you are better covered to render assistance.