Advertise Here

Old 04-07-2020, 04:23 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 30,442 Times in 8,239 Posts
Default Pandemic Dreams

Advertise Here

Pandemic Dreams

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/vi...cid=spartandhp

My wife is having pandemic nightmare like dreams so vivid they wake her up at night.
She is about as practical & level headed as can be & this surprises me.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:52 PM
Outside the box

Thanked 7,691 Times in 2,162 Posts

I would say that is understandable, this is uncharted territory for all of us , the potential for so much is something many are concerned about.

Of course we HOPE it won't be as bad as it certainly could be....
Old 04-07-2020, 04:53 PM
Possum Lover

Thanked 27,459 Times in 9,803 Posts

I had some but they have faded off and now dealing with a nasty depression.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2020, 04:56 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 45,601 Times in 13,943 Posts

This is the reason I have been walking around with ear buds for the last 24 days. Hubby has to have the TV tuned to a news station constantly. If I listened to that for very long, with less outside input into my subconscious during isolation, I am sure my brain would replay it all night.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 05:03 PM
Trapper

Thanked 2,099 Times in 637 Posts

I am one who has had them for years.

The dreams for me though are telling of new days ahead.
Whatever that means.

Most folks don't realize that the energy they are giving off is cumulative into a what could best be described as a quantum focus.
Its all in the same direction but with personal results for each person.

I am willing to bet that if someone asked about what the dreams are about, a common thread will emerge.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soocom1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 05:20 PM
Survivor

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is 2nd home - Rustbelt is home base
Thanked 4,111 Times in 1,316 Posts

Funny. Just had dreams about face masks last night. Figured you would not be interested. An boom...there is a topic on it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slackercruster For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 05:23 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,638 Times in 2,095 Posts

Havent had any of those, no.
The ones where you shoot and miss the bad guy yes, or the bullet drops without any force after firing, I had those in the past, but nothing pandemic related.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FerFAL For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 05:43 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,556 Times in 783 Posts

Wife is having them but my dreams have been good dreams. I'm very relaxed. Biggest concern at this point involves the 2 package maximum of Swiss Cake Rolls at the Walmart. This ticks me off. Like I am going to limit myself to 2 boxes a week.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nicktide For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 06:05 PM
Target Shooter

The best thing you do if you have nightmares and you don't like it, is to immediately go back to sleep. Because if you go back to sleep there is a high chance you will forget the dream. Everyone has 6-8 dreams a night but people usually forgot most of them. So it is very natural to forget dreams and if you sleep right after waking, that is what usually happens.

Also how vivid a dream is, is directly proportional to how quickly you wake up. When you kind of slowly stir to wake you forget dreams a lot and they are very hazy. When you have nightmares they are extremely vivid because you woke up in the middle of the dream. You can also have very vivid dreams if for example your alarm clock goes off in the middle of your dream and you wake up from it.

Also it really helps if you can change your perspective. Dreams are completely harmless and mean nothing, thus there is no reason to be concerned about nightmares. It is probably easier said than done but if you view a nightmare the same as say watching a scary movie, it wont bother you anymore. Just tell yourself nightmares are meaningless and can't hurt you. I did that and now I actually enjoy nightmares.

I almost never have nightmares but when I do, I find them to be enjoyable. They are extremely scary inside the dream, but waking up I realize I am completely safe in bed and so I can have fun with it. That is what a change in perspective can do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lilychan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 06:22 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 28,946 Times in 10,150 Posts

Some people are a lot more sensitive than others. +1 for limit your exposure the lame stream media - the power of positive thinking is real. So is the negative.

I watched a vid about the 1918 Spanish flu. Was really interesting and scary at the same time. "Some healthy people in the morning; dead by the next day".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 06:29 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,057 Posts

Booze helps avoid them, lots a booze....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woowoo2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 06:48 PM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 41,495 Times in 8,162 Posts

I have been having dreams of family members dying.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 06:51 PM

I've had them. Sometimes I'm stressing out about whether I have made enough preparations, so I'm going over my inventory while I sleep. Ughh. It doesn't help that my partner will not stay home. So I'm in a state of hypervigilance a lot of the time.

Definitely limit media. I try to stay away from it hours before bed now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikmurph For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 06:56 PM

My dreams have changed recently. I have always been a vivid dreamer, but my dreams involve people I don't know and take place in unfamiliar locations. Nothing bad or upsetting usually. Now my dreams involve immediate family members and we are together at home and are obviously dealing with pandemic type situations. Nothing upsetting again-just tense.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chickensittin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 07:07 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,898 Times in 5,704 Posts

I've had several hard years, losses of loved ones, a surgeon told me that I almost died, my family members being given the 'be prepared talk', 9 days and nights in the hospital as my parent passed. Death of the woman I should have realized I loved and who had sent me clues. During much of that period, I'd sleep, and have intense dreams, some of them somber, so powerful that when I awoke I'd be shocked by them or they'd come back when I was tired. Once, in the hospital, I passed out from pain, medication and shock, I'd been taken off a ventilator with what that entails, and my last thought was how my hand, gripping the rail with bandages and a band on it, looked like a hand wearing rags gripping desperately onto some other sort of rail. I escaped into a dream, then I awoke and found myself staring at my right hand, still with draped bandages and the band, and realized to my horror it was all real. Several times, I'd drift off the sleep and awaken to harsh realities.

One odd thought was now and then my nightmare when I went to sleep I feared waking up and finding out the interim was the dream and I was back there.

With COVID-19, and the problems, now I almost want to awaken and find myself back in the the hospital, a few years ago, my father alive, this period just a bad dream.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prepping For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 07:21 PM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 40,632 Times in 9,406 Posts

I've definitely had an increase in vivid dreams. Nothing scary or nightmares, but just people and locations in my past. It has been weird.

I think it's just a very over-active mental process and engaged brain.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 07:26 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 22,217 Times in 6,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerFAL View Post
Havent had any of those, no.
The ones where you shoot and miss the bad guy yes, or the bullet drops without any force after firing, I had those in the past, but nothing pandemic related.
In my dreams I always have the wrong ammo for the gun in my hand, or I have like five different types of ammo mixed up in a bag and I'm trying to pick out the right ones as the zombies or whatever are coming.

Last night I dreamt the demons from Doom where coming after me and I had to bug out.

Probably shouldn't play doom right before going to bed.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 07:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,374 Times in 4,616 Posts

I have bad dreams when I get stressed, and also get anxiety. My bad dreams are usually scary bridges I have to drive over, or plane crashes I am either on, or watching from the ground. I had my first scary bridge dream in a very long time last night.
I woke up at 3 am and couldn't go back to sleep, thinking about all this crap.
Feel a little sick today but it might just be in my head. My mind can actually do that if I get stressed enough
The Following User Says Thank You to sonya1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 07:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,374 Times in 4,616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilychan View Post
The best thing you do if you have nightmares and you don't like it, is to immediately go back to sleep. Because if you go back to sleep there is a high chance you will forget the dream. Everyone has 6-8 dreams a night but people usually forgot most of them. So it is very natural to forget dreams and if you sleep right after waking, that is what usually happens.

Also how vivid a dream is, is directly proportional to how quickly you wake up. When you kind of slowly stir to wake you forget dreams a lot and they are very hazy. When you have nightmares they are extremely vivid because you woke up in the middle of the dream. You can also have very vivid dreams if for example your alarm clock goes off in the middle of your dream and you wake up from it.

Also it really helps if you can change your perspective. Dreams are completely harmless and mean nothing, thus there is no reason to be concerned about nightmares. It is probably easier said than done but if you view a nightmare the same as say watching a scary movie, it wont bother you anymore. Just tell yourself nightmares are meaningless and can't hurt you. I did that and now I actually enjoy nightmares.

I almost never have nightmares but when I do, I find them to be enjoyable. They are extremely scary inside the dream, but waking up I realize I am completely safe in bed and so I can have fun with it. That is what a change in perspective can do.
uh...I wonder if you would say that if you had one of my plane crash dreams...
The Following User Says Thank You to sonya1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 07:34 PM
Possum Lover

Thanked 27,459 Times in 9,803 Posts

I used to have tornado dreams.

Then, for a while, I was back in my family of origin dreams. NOT pleasant.

The latest I know I'm in a pandemic, I wake up, think "Wow that was stupid, there's no.... oh, crap, there IS a pandemic".

Not enjoyable at all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post: