To all you preppers how do you feel about Trump's handling of America and Reddit? - Page 4 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-16-2020, 08:26 PM
The Black Death

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilychan View Post
Trump is doing a horrible job. The most telling moment is when a reporter asked him if he was responsible for this and he said he was not responsible at all. Then when asked about how he cut the special NSC pandemic unit prior to this and cut the CDC budget he said he didn't know about it and had nothing to do with it, and it was probably someone else in the administration who did it.
The NSC pandemic unit was ABSORBED by the NSC. Most of the DRs are still working there in the NSC, just not in a "pandemic unit."
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ForumSurvivalist For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 08:49 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurvivalOfTheFit View Post
LOL I'm really enjoying all the March 2020 newbies in this thread (3 so far).

You guys sure got spunk. Where'd y'all come from?
I used to hang out on the goldismoney forums, talk about a downer. As far as survival related stuff, it wasn't that bad of a forum but there was a lot of hardcore conspiracy people, like fake moon landing and flat earth and chem trails and the like. I have not posted on that forum for a few years though. I took a break from all that stuff, because if you listen to this stuff too much you start thinking weird things. You start taking people like Alex Jones too seriously, and you really think the world is going to end. For me though, I am not a conspiracy theorist, I am just a practical person that believes in being prepared and the like. Which is why I stopped going to that other forum.

Anyway, I am new on here and I admit I just came to check out how the community is doing with the coronavirus stuff. Though I was active for years on that other forum, and reading stuff around here I can tell there is definitely a large overlap to the type of people who visited both.

So yeah I am a newbie here, but I been active in similar community for a long time, so these sort of conversations feel very familiar to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lilychan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 08:57 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumSurvivalist View Post
And, yea, why didn't the CDC use the WHO's test?
Trump runs the CDC. So it isn't like you can put all the blame on the CDC and then say you think Trump is doing a good job. At the end of the day, that is the president jobs. He is the chief executive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2020, 09:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 37,071 Times in 8,757 Posts

Quote:
So that is the bar? The US should be ahead of Iran, China and North Korea? You realize you just said you think he is doing a decent job because at least everyone isn't dying.

I think we can expect standards a bit better than that.
Don't be stupid, ok? You do recall when the President first banned travel from China, right? You do recall your fellow leftists called him racist and misogynistic and all that, right?

You're relatively new here and it took all of a few posts to figure out your politics. It was horribly obvious.

I'll continue to read them simply for the comic relief as there really isn't anything useful I've been able to otherwise glean.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 09:37 PM
Dios y Tejas

Thanked 20,082 Times in 5,158 Posts

We when come out of this, and I don't doubt we will, there should be some mega changes in private industry as well as the Government bureaucracies. I don't think they will be able to crawl back under their rocks....... and I wouldn't count on more than 15-20% of the people backing open borders, outsourcing manufacturing (except for TVs and cars), being anti 2nd amendment or, in general, falling for this "we are the world" BS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sky1950 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 09:45 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
Don't be stupid, ok? You do recall when the President first banned travel from China, right? You do recall your fellow leftists called him racist and misogynistic and all that, right?

You're relatively new here and it took all of a few posts to figure out your politics. It was horribly obvious.

I'll continue to read them simply for the comic relief as there really isn't anything useful I've been able to otherwise glean.
You mean I criticized Trump so you assume I am a leftist? That isn't actually true, or rather it is only half true. I am a libertarian. Meaning I am left leaning on social issues and right leaning on economic issues. So of course I don't like Trump, since he is the definition of big state corruption. However, I don't think Trump is an idiot because I disagree with him, I think he is an idiot because he says stuff like he isn't responsible and doesn't know what happen to the pandemic group or the CDC. At the very least, he should know what is going on. He is president, why doesn't he ask someone if he doesn't know?
Old 03-16-2020, 09:50 PM
Survivor

Your posts about panic buying of guns and background checks told me all I need to know about how far to the left you lean.

In case you hadn't heard, no dealer is waving background checks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 09:57 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Your posts about panic buying of guns and background checks told me all I need to know about how far to the left you lean.

In case you hadn't heard, no dealer is waving background checks.
How far left is a person, if they think background checks are okay? Last I checked background checks weren't an extreme left position.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:01 PM
Survivor

Quote:
How far left is a person, if they think background checks are okay? Last I checked background checks weren't an extreme left position.
The 2A is a constitutional protection. What part of it isn't clear to you? Nothing is said about reasonable restrictions or background checks. As a libertarian, you're okay with that. Or do you feel that it is okay because the Constitution doesn't mention anything about HOW arms are obtained; only that the right to keep and bear shall not be infringed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
No. The media is not presenting facts in a light favorable to Trump.
Trump ain't doing himself any favors, blabbing about his super genius uncle, etc. He seems to have finally gotten the point and is a little more serious now.

Oh wait, he gave himself a 10 out of 10 this afternoon, roll eyes.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:20 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
The 2A is a constitutional protection. What part of it isn't clear to you? Nothing is said about reasonable restrictions or background checks. As a libertarian, you're okay with that. Or do you feel that it is okay because the Constitution doesn't mention anything about HOW arms are obtained; only that the right to keep and bear shall not be infringed.
The Supreme Court has ruled on this and they are the ones in charge of interrupting the constitution when something isn't clear. I am a libertarian and not an anarchist, so I accept that we can't have a country without government at all, and some level of compromise is needed.

I don't think there is any debate that if I try to murder someone with a gun, that my gun should be taken away. No one argues that people in prison should be armed with guns. So yeah, I generally agree with the Supreme Court, that some reasonable regulation is needed so we don't have complete chaos.

A background check doesn't restrict the gun ownership of people who are legally allowed to own guns. It only stops people who illegally try to buy guns. I would actually be in favor of loosing the restriction of who can legally own a gun, as I think some criminals should still be allowed to legally own guns after they get out of prison. However, I don't think we should get rid of background checks in order to allow people to get guns illegally more easily, I think we should change the laws on who can legally own a gun.

Anyway to answer your question, based off the Supreme Court ruling I don't think the ability to own a gun is being restricted just because you have to go through a basic background check.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:32 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,576 Times in 1,074 Posts

How is Trump handling it? Not very well. Better now that he seems to actually be listening to people who are smart and have some clue as to what comes next. But from the start, he was pretty much a buffoon.

My concern is that if he'd better keep up the better job or he'll lose in 2020, whereas I used to think he had a great shot at winning; right now much less so. If too many people die, (which mostly wouldn't be his fault of course), he may just lose anyway. Then we're screwed because Biden is... well... Biden. And his running mate might end up being crazy Elizabeth Warren, we''ll see.

Please note that even though I think Trump can be a fool, I generally agree with his 'side' of things; I just don't think he's got a lot of intellectual bandwidth. And the other side is no longer a simply liberal Democratic party; which I've never loved, but never had too big a problem with. Nope. They're far left wing nuts. So my problem with Trump right now is that his mis-steps could land us with the far left. My hope is that he steps up his game a bit, stops saying foolish crap, and continues to listen to the smart people he does seem to have around him. (And doesn't foolishly get rid of them this round of things.)

So I wish him - and of course by extension all of us - well. But no. He didn't do a good job at first and he's doing average, but acceptable, now. Ideally he steps up further and helps sort things out better going forward so we don't end up with a far left win in not that many months from now.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:49 PM
Survivor

Quote:
A background check doesn't restrict the gun ownership of people who are legally allowed to own guns. It only stops people who illegally try to buy guns. I would actually be in favor of loosing the restriction of who can legally own a gun, as I think some criminals should still be allowed to legally own guns after they get out of prison. However, I don't think we should get rid of background checks in order to allow people to get guns illegally more easily, I think we should change the laws on who can legally own a gun.
Once again, as you are either very foolish or naive; background checks do NOTHING to stop a prohibited possessor from obtaining firearms. Nothing at all. It merely slows them down. They will eventually obtain either through stealing or private sale. What part of that is stumping you?

Once again, for ALL of the successes of the background checks, how many cases can you cite where the prohibited possessor was charged with committing a felony, which trying to buy a firearm is if they are prohibited?

As for felons, if they have fully served out the terms of their sentences, whether it be in prison or a combination of prison and probation with no violations of the terms of probation, why should they NOT have their rights fully restored? They served their time, no? Then they should be restored back to the same rights as any other citizen.

I know a few libertarians and you are definitely one of the leftist libertarians I've ever come across. You are simply hiding behind a thin veil but you are a leftist through and through.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 10:50 PM
This is a great survival forum

Trump was treating it as a joke a week or two ago. Saying it was a Democrat conspiracy. He's an idiot and the CDC is way behind on this due to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Af6b_wyiwI`
Old 03-16-2020, 10:59 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumSurvivalist View Post
Trump is n different than any other president with regard to having a team of experts that inform him daily on what to do. The president then calls the media in and tells everyone what his decision is.

I did not hear any crowing when almost 15,000 died under Obama from H1N1 or Swine Flu. What did Obama do? NOTHING. What did the media say? NOTHING.

I think Trump is doing, OK. He banned flights from China. Banned flights from UK and EU. Holds meeting daily, and has said he wants the tests OUT and AVAILABLE. It's not Trump's job to put the test kits together. This is a failure of the CDC.

And, yea, why didn't the CDC use the WHO's test?
Guess we got a FoxNews viewer here. Try do some math. 60+ million infected, 12,000+ died. What's the death rate on that. Compare that to a conservative death rate of 1% with CO19. Hannity is comparing apples to oranges trying to deflect blame from Trump.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 29,188 Times in 6,823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH.1979 View Post
Guess we got a FoxNews viewer here.

Try do some math. 60+ million infected, 12,000+ died. What's the death rate on that.

Compare that to a conservative death rate of 1% with CO19.

Hannity is comparing apples to oranges trying to deflect blame from Trump.
You are so beyond the mark. Try your math again but with some reality. The common flu has killed more every year for as long as you can remember. You are a liar. Period.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 11:10 PM
SoJer

Thanked 5,821 Times in 1,837 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmgeist View Post
...the CDC is way behind on this due to him.
..Ever hear of a lil 'org' called the FDA, there, Einstein? They've been behind Much of the bottlenecks, not the President. Might wanna get yer facts straight before you try and use them as darts, dig?

jd
The Following User Says Thank You to SoJ_51 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 11:12 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Once again, as you are either very foolish or naive; background checks do NOTHING to stop a prohibited possessor from obtaining firearms. Nothing at all. It merely slows them down. They will eventually obtain either through stealing or private sale. What part of that is stumping you?

Once again, for ALL of the successes of the background checks, how many cases can you cite where the prohibited possessor was charged with committing a felony, which trying to buy a firearm is if they are prohibited?
Criminals are charged all the time for possession of an illegal firearms. I am not sure what you are talking about, when you think it doesn't happen. In my opinion, your problem is you take everything as absolutes. You can't look at the world in such an extreme view all the time.

What do you mean when you say the background checks does nothing, then also say it slows them down and they have to steal it or find another way? Clearly if the person can't get a gun and have to steal it, then it did do something. It prevented them from easy access to a gun, which is why they resort to stealing it instead.

The position that nothing ever stops a truly motivated criminal, so we shouldn't even try, isn't a very convincing argument. Of course we should try to stop crime. The question here shouldn't be does it stop 100% of all crime? And if no, then we shouldn't do it. The question is, is the degree to which it stops criminals from getting guns, worth the effort we put in to it? In which case I say yeah, a general background check doesn't require much effort and it makes it a lot more difficult for a criminal to get a gun. It doesn't need to be 100% effective for it to be worth it.

If you actually want to convince me to your side, you should be explaining how you think requiring a background check provides an undue hardship on legal gun owners and thus the existence of background checks is blocking law abiding citizens from accessing guns. Because if it was a massive burden to people and they couldn't get guns because of it, then I would 100% agree with you. However, saying restricting criminals is a waste of time because they will just steal them instead isn't very convincing. Because even if that is true, you are still putting up roadblocks to block criminals.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:20 PM

Its reddit ..dont expect anything more than ig or fb posts . Its all bs ...
Old 03-16-2020, 11:21 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
You are so beyond the mark. Try your math again but with some reality. The common flu has killed more every year for as long as you can remember. You are a liar. Period.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
We aren't talking about the common flu here. We are talking about the DREADED H1N1 which killed approx. 12,000 Americans. However, about 68 million got infected. Do the math. What's the mortality rate on that.

Apples and oranges, sir.

Oh, and the same principle applies to influenza. It's a 0.1% killer. The world is dealing with a far deadlier killer in CO19. Maybe it's 0.5%, maybe its 1.0%, let's hope it's not higher.