Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 04-14-2020, 12:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,350 Times in 1,556 Posts
Default Falsely thinking you already had covid 19

Advertise Here

In my county there are 6 confirmed cases and about 450 tests that came back negative. We are also being told not to go to the hospital unless it is something you need to be hospitalized for. So that means many people probably think they already had it.

My concern is, in a few weeks/months once thing start to open up again, will the people who thought they already had covid 19 going to be less concerned with spreading it because they think they already had it and are now immune to it and have no reason to take precautions?
Quick reply to this message
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lasers For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2020, 01:04 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 77,323 Times in 20,667 Posts

Probably. .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2020, 03:17 PM
Possum Lover

Thanked 27,566 Times in 9,850 Posts

My concern would be their at risk contacts. And how long is one contagious after catching it, assuming they did?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2020, 11:11 AM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 38,192 Times in 10,558 Posts

We need the anti body test.
Find out for sure.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2020, 12:00 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,590 Posts

Absolutely. CV 2.0 hinges on rates of antibody evaporation in what segments of the population.
Old 04-15-2020, 05:16 PM
Patiently Waiting

Thanked 13,835 Times in 4,224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hick Industries View Post
We need the anti body test.
Find out for sure.
And then documentation to certify you are not a carrier that you must show in order to travel outside your county, go to the store, use a public space, apply for a job, open a bank account, etc.

This virus has opened up a can of worms that will fundamentally change the way we live. The old normal is never coming back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jash For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2020, 08:38 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,263 Times in 2,014 Posts

MSM everywhere parroting state reports of negative tests. How many are retested later?

Well established early on a huge rate of false negatives. 27day incubation period with multiple neg test before coming up hot.

Calling "cured" with no lung xray - end of symptoms for 3 days and whala "you be cured" BS.

I suspect fooling ourselves with all these negative tests and "cured" stats.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:47 PM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 40,763 Times in 9,429 Posts

Now that more research has come out, I'm suspecting that at least one of my dogs and I had the Coronavirus.

I had a handful of symptoms that didn't feel like any illness I've ever had. I was sick for months, up and down with symptom severity. And I read an article today where a US dog is the first to test positive. Symptoms included loss of appetite.

My older dog is normally EXTREMELY food motivated. Yet about a month or so ago, she totally shut down with no energy and zero interest in food for about 36 hours. Very strange behavior. She also had a couple days of vomiting, which is unusual for her but she has done that a few times in her life when she eats and drinks too much too fast and vomits.

My other dog had some symptoms but those could be other illness so can't say. It is possible.

I'd say there's a fair chance we got it in my household.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:02 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,037 Posts

My concern is that people who freak out about COVID-19 could't care less about the flu which has killed many more people for decades, but now think their magic masks and 6-foot (sometimes) separation protects them.

Idiocracy was a documentary.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:07 PM
Green Eggs and Spam

Thanked 9,855 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash View Post
And then documentation to certify you are not a carrier that you must show in order to travel outside your county, go to the store, use a public space, apply for a job, open a bank account, etc..
But, this is the United States, home of the Free! No papers required.

If you don't have the papers, then you take all responsibility for any biological damage you cause.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:09 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 60,289 Times in 13,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash View Post
And then documentation to certify you are not a carrier that you must show in order to travel outside your county, go to the store, use a public space, apply for a job, open a bank account, etc.

This virus has opened up a can of worms that will fundamentally change the way we live. The old normal is never coming back.
"Your papers please."

I guess they could chip everybody like the dogs we will be if we sit still for this crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
If you don't have the papers, then you take all responsibility for any biological damage you cause.
What biological damage. Prove it! Your farts and BO are biological damage.

Old 04-29-2020, 03:44 AM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 40,763 Times in 9,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticAmerican View Post
My concern is that people who freak out about COVID-19 could't care less about the flu which has killed many more people for decades, but now think their magic masks and 6-foot (sometimes) separation protects them.

Idiocracy was a documentary.
You really are badly failing to poo poo this virus.

My calculator shows that 59,000 in three months (CV19 deaths since February) is larger than 34,000 in a season (US flu deaths, 2019)

Well, we don't know what China and Iran numbers were but it's fair to say that extrapolating on the US death count of ~59,000 in just 2-3 months, both China and Iran probably had similar figures, and China probably many times more.

Flu is serious, so I'm not sure why it's suddenly poo-pooed. It's also not mutually exclusive.

Globally, I've heard numbers thrown about that the flu kills 650,000 annually. I don't really think anyone truly knows. Best guesses.

Yet subtracting fake China and Iran numbers, CV19 has ravaged the world with over 200,000 deaths in just 3 months in spite of lockdowns and quarantines. Add in the "real" China and Iran numbers and we'd probably be into the many hundreds of thousand or even millions.

Seems to me that CV19 is so plainly more contagious and more deadly than the flu why is this even a debate?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2020, 04:25 AM
Grevcon 10

Thanked 39,025 Times in 9,333 Posts

BTW masks and distance will help against influenza as well. If we did all this really well we could get rid of a bunch of diseases along with Wuhan Disease.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2020, 04:37 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,685 Times in 2,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasers View Post
In my county there are 6 confirmed cases and about 450 tests that came back negative. We are also being told not to go to the hospital unless it is something you need to be hospitalized for. So that means many people probably think they already had it.

My concern is, in a few weeks/months once thing start to open up again, will the people who thought they already had covid 19 going to be less concerned with spreading it because they think they already had it and are now immune to it and have no reason to take precautions?
That would be, unwise. You CAN catch it again. Also, a lot of people are following the advice, stayign put trying to fight the disease and dying in their homes. In many countries, people found dead in their homes are NOT being tested for coronavirus.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FerFAL For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2020, 08:57 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,985 Times in 2,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
BTW masks and distance will help against influenza as well. If we did all this really well we could get rid of a bunch of diseases along with Wuhan Disease.
and murder in my town has dropped to an all time low.

https://www.ibtimes.com/good-news-co...r-rate-2940933
The Following User Says Thank You to Don H For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2020, 12:26 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,279 Times in 696 Posts

I have several telling me they had it back in January, all the while describing typical flu symptoms and ignoring the fact that the "B" strain of the flu was circulating back then.