Paracord Bracellets, lanyards, and everything inbetween. - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Make your own coil lanyards OLDWarrior64 DIY - Do It Yourself 65 03-03-2019 09:16 AM
Neck lanyards! What's on yours? byteblock General Discussion 32 12-14-2016 11:36 AM
Paracord Spool Tool- The best way to store and manage paracord! 5col For Sale 11 06-09-2016 04:44 PM
Pistol Lanyards Baja Pistol and Revolver Forum 45 01-04-2014 10:37 PM
where to buy paracord? oscar615 Reviews and questions 11 02-25-2013 08:08 PM
lanyards? old school Knives, Swords & Axes 8 08-28-2011 01:43 AM
Large Knife/Hatchet Lanyards silntassassn Knives, Swords & Axes 1 02-03-2011 06:19 PM
Paracord 450 and 550 Xi Bowhunter Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 4 02-01-2011 03:52 PM

Old 09-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Limpin to safety.

Thanked 17,081 Times in 4,605 Posts
Default Paracord Bracellets, lanyards, and everything inbetween.

Advertise Here

So I made my self a 550 cord bracelet. It looks like a drunken child put it together in the dark.

So yeah, it's a lot better then I expected it to turn out.

I've found that the small motor skills required to braid just isn't one of my strong suits.

Well, today I saw a lady wearing one at College. I passingly compliment her on it. She seems perplexed and doesn't know what I'm talking about. That.. bothered me.

First off, it was a ton better looking then mine, second to her it's just a bracelet.

I dunno.. It's probably like wearing a Rebel flag or a Malcolm X shirt... It's our thing, not a fashion statement. It has purpose and meaning, and if it doesn't apply to you, then WHY ARE YOU WEARING IT!?!?!?

Am I being petty? Yeah, but let me leave you with this.

If you want cheap, hand made Paracord bracelets, then I suggest you pm OldWarrior64. His prices can't be beat, he has free shipping, and they look fantastic. I've bought one off another site and it sucked. The measurements were wrong, and it was a knock off 550.

Pics to come latter.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crutch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2011, 12:44 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 2,227 Times in 1,046 Posts

Can he make a paracord bracelet that says "I heart bewbeez"?
Old 09-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 154,608 Times in 44,922 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Paracord bracelets, belts, dog collars, and other items have become sort of a fashion statement lately. You're likely to see quite a few of them on people who are not survivalists.

We're starting to get vendors at the gun shows who make and sell them. Some of them are not even gun owners. They just sell at gun shows as well as craft fairs, jewelry shows, etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Aquaholic

Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,576 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Paracord bracelets, belts, dog collars, and other items have become sort of a fashion statement lately. You're likely to see quite a few of them on people who are not survivalists.

We're starting to get vendors at the gun shows who make and sell them. Some of them are not even gun owners. They just sell at gun shows as well as craft fairs, jewelry shows, etc.
PAracord Joes was at the Charlotte show last month.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Limpin to safety.

Thanked 17,081 Times in 4,605 Posts

I met a fellow survivalist who later joined our group after spotting his paracord. We clicked right away, and it was awesome.

That is our thing.

It just sucks that we are the trend setters, when quite honestly I'd rather they took the time to learn what it means.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Liberty or Death!

Thanked 1,305 Times in 385 Posts

i know in the military we have been wearing them a while now. You get a little bored, snip off an unused button on your uniform and go to town. Although I have no idea how long survivalists have been wearing them. Mikek is right though it's like any other fashion type thing, people will wear them just because they see someone else doing it. Again you will see alot of guys wearing them in the military, especially in theater just because we have nothing to better to do sometimes.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:12 PM

i have supplied pretty much all my co-workers with them ... or lanyards for their keychains .. (yes including pink ones for the ladies at work) ... its nice coming to work and seeing most everyone wearing theirs or using the keychain lanyard ... plus they get plenty of questions about them and they always put the people in touch with me...

its at the point now i am thinking of keeping quite a few made up in a bag in my car so i have some on hand to sell to someone when they ask lol!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Potential Roux-Ga-Roux

Thanked 1,274 Times in 732 Posts

I would like to add my voice to a great experience with OldWarrior64 His bracelets are very well made and he is generous with his time and graciously answers any questions you may have. I am proudly giving some his bracelets as gifts to my family and will not hesitate to order from him again.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Prepared

Don't wear them around machinery or something else that could snag them.

You have enough paracord in a bracelet to lift a lot more than you weigh off the ground. Your arm is going with it if it gets snagged on something powerful.

The paracord necklaces can put a quick stranglehold on you and you can't break it.

Not trying to be alarmist, but be sure they have some sort of weak buckle or joining section that you are strong enough to out muscle.

Cause you won't out muscle the paracord.

Just sayin...
Old 09-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Everything in moderation

I believe the more people who have them, the better. I made one for each of my friends. They aren't sure why I want them to wear them, but they do it anyway to be nice.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:42 PM

i make them for everyone up at the hospital here. i make watch bands, gun slings, bracelets, and keychain fobs. make some pretty good money on the side for preps/ammo especially when football season is in and everyone wants their team colors to show. Or breast cancer awareness day ill bring a bag of pink keychains up there , etc. i sell my keychains for 5 and my bracelets for 10; but i dont do any measuring ive done enough of them i can look at their wrist and wrap my pointer and thumb around their wrist and get exact measurements. plus i also carry the gaurantee after payment if it doesnt fit or comes apart ever ( 2 tone colors), i will replace it for free or fix the current one. i think the first 2 weeks i started doing it i made close to about 600 bucks :D but half of that went back into buckles and more paracord colors etc. they watch bands are the hardest tho; i ruined 2 timex ripped the pegs through the plastic on them before i got them right.

this is my timex expedition digi-compass with my new awlin saints colors :D

[img][/img]

and yes that is a katana above the watch hehe. and it aint no paperweight lol
Old 09-16-2011, 12:43 AM
Not playing games

Thanked 1,677 Times in 707 Posts

I'd only have one of those paracord gadgets if it was easy to take apart and use the cording.
Those do-hickys don't look like that.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:52 AM
I have control issues

Thanked 9,050 Times in 3,497 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 

I made not only the bracelet, but a neclace to which I attached a few "goodies", plus a hadband for the hat I use for gardening. I've also replaced my bootlaces with paracord. I don't look at it as a "fashion statement" like some people do, but rather a very convenient way to always have some paracord on me "just in case".
Click image for larger version

Name:	all3.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	56110
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceFire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2011, 01:00 AM
Survivor

Thanked 16,898 Times in 5,704 Posts

One odd thing, but I'm not that muscular and my hands aren't that big, but they only seem to make them for spindly people with tiny wrists, not for males. I don't need oversized handcuffs or anything like that, so I know my wrists aren't inordinately large.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:08 AM
I have control issues

Thanked 9,050 Times in 3,497 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepping View Post
One odd thing, but I'm not that muscular and my hands aren't that big, but they only seem to make them for spindly people with tiny wrists, not for males. I don't need oversized handcuffs or anything like that, so I know my wrists aren't inordinately large.
That's why I make my own. It really isn't very difficult, just a little time consuming.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:30 AM
Bravo Zulu

Thanked 12,164 Times in 5,768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crutch View Post
It has purpose and meaning, and if it doesn't apply to you, then WHY ARE YOU WEARING IT!?!?!?
Because its purpose and meaning isn't the same for everyone.

Why do women wear long pants? They're for men, women should wear dresses and skirts!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 16,898 Times in 5,704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamboRoberts View Post
Because its purpose and meaning isn't the same for everyone.

Why do women wear long pants? They're for men, women should wear dresses and skirts!
I know, and that dude was in COLLEGE when he sees a girl wearing one. They sell this for different groups and fund raisers for different activities.

I'm sorry, but most of those 550 cord bracelets are for children and women. If I see a dude wearing one that's not custom made (and longer) he's likely some spindly armed, thin wristed guy because I don't see ones that fit men all that often.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:02 AM
...all out of bubble gum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 471 Posts

I make my own for 3 reasons. 1) Like others here, I do not have tiny wrists. 2) The usual bracelets look too narrow on me, and I prefer more cordage so I go for 4 to 6 center strands before braiding. 3) I don't like the button or knot ends. I prefer the 1" curved snap buckles for comfort and to have a spare buckle for gear repair.
The Following User Says Thank You to kevinthenurse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,741 Posts

I made a paracord belt but had issues figuring out how to have it fasten. I didn't want a method that would damage the cord as it was made so that you could unravel it if needed.

It ended up taking 90' of cord to make a good sized belt. 44" of so of belt.

Another problem with the way I made it was it allowed the cord to naturally stretch, which made it difficult to clasp and have it work as a belt.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 154,608 Times in 44,922 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
I made not only the bracelet, but a neclace to which I attached a few "goodies", plus a hadband for the hat I use for gardening. I've also replaced my bootlaces with paracord. I don't look at it as a "fashion statement" like some people do, but rather a very convenient way to always have some paracord on me "just in case".
Attachment 56110
To me, accessories like hatbands, bracelets and necklaces are great. But other items such as rifle slings, belts and boot laces don't make as much sense. I'm not going to remove my boot laces, rendering them all but unusable, because I need some cord. Same with a belt or rifle sling. Better to carry it as accessories that don't really fill an important need. I might would wrap cord on the rifle, or carry extra cord in my belt loops along with my belt.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post: