Most consistent climate is the USA - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 05-25-2020, 04:12 AM
Not John Wick

Thanked 1,443 Times in 424 Posts
Default Most consistent climate is the USA

Advertise Here

When I speak to most people the idea of "four seasons" is always seen a positive. Personally I have found that I don't do well in areas where there is a huge variance in climate from season to season and prefer a more consistent climate and weather throughout the year.

From a bugout location perspective, where I would like to have access to water and be able to grow a portion of my own vegetables and edibles, which areas have a fairly consistent weather throughout the year? I really don't do well in the cold and have never been able to adapt.

I have looked at CA, but the politics has put me off. I also had a look at Southern NJ, DE and MD but again, it's pure commie country and I am concerned investing there lest things go even more south in the future.

Ideas appreciated.
Thanks
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pol For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 06:00 AM
More than .0001%

Thanked 2,567 Times in 848 Posts

In my option and experience, San Diego has the best yearly weather, but even though we owned some land (NE of San Diego), politics and cost of living placed it out of reach for us. Texas and Florida were our next considerations but being within a days drive to family up north pointed us to Florida. No State income tax, decent yearly weather, cost of living slightly better than Midwest State we grew up in, all said mid Florida and away from any large cities. Hurricanes are a risk but everywhere we lived there is a Mother Nature risk of one thing or another. We simply purchased a small piece of land to build on that’s close to the gulf but 125’ above sea level. Check out Citrus county Florida...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lb0190 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 06:10 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,096 Times in 2,512 Posts

Ohio is out if cold is out. We are the eastern edge of one of two black belts of great soil in the US. Almost as vibrantly green as Ireland.

The Carolinas just east of the mountains get a little snow but have very modrrate seasons and good soil. The upper Gulf Coast staes are the other Black Belt of great soil. Like the Carlinas it is quite moderate, humid in the summer and frost in the winter. The prolem west of the Mississippi is that its dry alot with patchwork areas of soil with high clay contents, that means drilled deep wells and lots of fertilizer. The southern border states have alot of dry, alot of hot and alot of feral pigs....a sounder of pigs can thouroughly root up an acre of field a night eating planted seed. Great eating but highly destructive. The northrrn border states get seriously, dangeroudly cold, the eastern edge are wet, very wet.

The northeast is a deathtrap if things get hairy....heavily populated along the coast, very heavily populated, on the level of rush hour LA, every day, even at night in the corridors. You covered the West Coast.

Its a fight here but I'll stay. I would move directly south if need be. Definitely east of the Mississippi. Cold doesnt bother me, ice does.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2020, 07:10 AM
Survivor

Thanked 19,359 Times in 8,116 Posts

Consistant climates can make for harsh climates. SC has the best climate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 07:18 AM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 22,160 Times in 6,400 Posts

Hawaii.

Stay far far away from MT. It was 49º today, predicted to be 96º next week.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 07:30 AM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 11,277 Times in 2,806 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
Hawaii.

Stay far far away from MT. It was 49º today, predicted to be 96º next week.
DITTO..

My sister lived there in Honolulu for years. The difference between winter and summer was about 5 degrees.

BUT

IT R EXPENSIVE and seriously puts the crap in democrap.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 07:38 AM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 22,160 Times in 6,400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post
DITTO..

My sister lived there in Honolulu for years. The difference between winter and summer was about 5 degrees.

BUT

Yeah, I would take winter over those politics everytime.

The thing is, it seems universally mild climates produce 'liberal' governments.

I think there is something about knowing you only have three months of warm weather to prepare for the other nine that engenders a certain independent attitude in people.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 08:13 AM
Not John Wick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0190 View Post
In my option and experience, San Diego has the best yearly weather, but even though we owned some land (NE of San Diego), politics and cost of living placed it out of reach for us. Texas and Florida were our next considerations but being within a days drive to family up north pointed us to Florida. No State income tax, decent yearly weather, cost of living slightly better than Midwest State we grew up in, all said mid Florida and away from any large cities. Hurricanes are a risk but everywhere we lived there is a Mother Nature risk of one thing or another. We simply purchased a small piece of land to build on that’s close to the gulf but 125’ above sea level. Check out Citrus county Florida...
What’s the fauna and flora like over there? Subtropical and gators?
Old 05-25-2020, 08:14 AM
Not John Wick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post
DITTO..

BUT

Yeah, libtards do take the enjoyment out of living ... I’d like to avoid them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pol For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 09:20 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,370 Times in 529 Posts

Parts of the southwest (Nevada, Arizona & New Mexico) have some seasonal variations in temperature, but tend to avoid anything like major snowstorms. The downside will be ready access to water. They all tend to be prepper-friendly.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:11 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,298 Times in 1,540 Posts

Southern Alaska is supposed to have pretty mild winter temps and mild summers.

In Juno the record temps are -22 and 90. I realize that still puts it in the 4 season category but it is much more consistent and mild than most of the mid west.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:45 AM
Capability, not scenarios

Thanked 29,827 Times in 8,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
When I speak to most people the idea of "four seasons" is always seen a positive. Personally I have found that I don't do well in areas where there is a huge variance in climate from season to season and prefer a more consistent climate and weather throughout the year.

From a bugout location perspective, where I would like to have access to water and be able to grow a portion of my own vegetables and edibles, which areas have a fairly consistent weather throughout the year? I really don't do well in the cold and have never been able to adapt.

I have looked at CA, but the politics has put me off. I also had a look at Southern NJ, DE and MD but again, it's pure commie country and I am concerned investing there lest things go even more south in the future.

Ideas appreciated.
Thanks
I appreciate the approach--you've indicated what's optimal for you, not for anyone else.

I'm not sure you're going to find the perfect spot--every place has its positives and negatives. It just depends on how cold is too cold for you.

I lived in central Missouri for a few years, found its climate agreeable. It'd snow every once in a while, but if twice a winter that was a lot. It's far enough north that the cold fronts from Canada would sweep out the hot and humid air from time to time so we'd get a break.

I lived in Texas and NC for a while. I found both to be unreasonably hot for me in the summer. Some people like that. It's why I'd struggle in South Carolina, for instance. The summers are....HOT. Humid.

On the positive side of that, you're not fighting to heat a house in temps that drop 30 or 40 degrees below freezing in the winter. On the negative side, it gets HOT.

There are other factors that matter for me besides climate. My friends, my job, my family are all here. I think there are climatically-better places I might live, but the social cost would be high. Yeah, I could make new friends, but that's not as easy as it seems.

So factor that in too. Maybe not an issue for you. It is for me. I shoot trap, am a member of a club. I'd have to find a new one if I moved. There are two such clubs here, one more convenient to me, one less convenient. I am a member of the less convenient club because I like the people so much better. Would I find such a club like the second if I moved? Or more like the first?

I also like golfing. The cost to golf where I live is stupidly cheap. In some of the more climatically-acceptable areas, that's a big cost.

Anyway, those are other factors to consider. Either way, good luck with your decisionmaking.

There actually is an official survival guide, but you have to write it yourself - and edit it as the situation changes - and revise it as you learn from your mistakes - and start all over again when things change again. (AceScanner)

Last edited by goose3; 05-25-2020 at 05:00 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to goose3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 11:00 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,399 Times in 882 Posts

Florida, S. Mississippi, Alabama, Some parts of Texas. We chose FL. 4 seasons, but mild. You can get away from the cold by going further S. in Florida. Lots of agricultural land, aquifer is reasonably shallow, plenty of rain. Cheap land outside of major congested areas.
The Following User Says Thank You to thataway For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 12:00 PM
Amat victoria curam

Thanked 2,401 Times in 903 Posts

Bluefield ,West Virginia... its nickname is "Natures air condition city "
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [_]ni/\/\og For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 12:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,901 Times in 3,777 Posts

I live in western wa. state, 2000ft elevation,It does rain alot spring and late fall, but It is a beautiful state , except for the government here being bright BLUE, Im 5 miles from mt rainier,I like the 4 seasons, fall being my favorite. but like I said it does rain alot,40 years in my home, and all in all i dont regret it.Winters average more rain then snow but we can and have received 2 ft in 1 night .
Old 05-25-2020, 01:16 PM

As already mentioned, San Diego area is probably the best in the nation. That said, I've lived here for more than 25 years and am fed up with CA state politics. San Diego politics are almost tolerable and there are conservative municipalities in the county.

For our exit, we're looking at the Prescott/Prescott Valley/Chino Valley/Dewey-Humbolt area of Arizona. It's about 100 miles N of Phoenix and about 5,000' elevation. Summers are very tolerable and winters will maybe get a couple inches of snow that melts by noon. Looking at city-data.com, of the three most common "moved from" locations to the Prescott area, two were from elsewhere in AZ and the third was from San Diego County. And AZ ranks #1 in the nation with its gun laws!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rivers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 01:17 PM
MortarMaggot

Thanked 4,417 Times in 1,561 Posts

In the U.S.? Hawaii.
The Following User Says Thank You to billwilla For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 01:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 17,377 Times in 6,646 Posts

slab city California
that's why all the err.. ah... misfits are out there the weather was why the air force built the base there.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:17 PM
Combat marxism Now!

Thanked 23,008 Times in 5,788 Posts

Florida has fairly modest temperature swings between winter and summer. In the map below, the darker the color the lower the temp differential.

But that does not mean the temperature is pleasant year round. South FL is hot n humid for our 6 month long summer. The Oregon and Washington coast can be downright dismal too.

If you click on the link, you can zoom in on the map. You'll find that San Fran CA and Key West, FL have the lowest temp swing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeaut..._greatest_and/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cujet For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 03:14 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 4,326 Times in 1,362 Posts

Outside of Ca, Ha, Texas. Would you believe Georgia comes in at fourth before Fl. The South Carolina comes in at 6th behind Fl.