Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 04-25-2020, 10:02 PM
Earthquake Prepper

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXplowgirl View Post
There are people here on the boards that arent taking it seriously either. I always post facts with links but yet I keep being told i'm fear mongering. I just think they're all in denial and scared crapless and afraid to face the truth.
1) It's not important to convince EVERYONE you're right.

2) Data and Links become a blur. We're good at prepping. Reading charts? Not so much.

I think the important thing is to share information, and folks will respond as they're inclined to respond. I mean, no amount of data is going to necessarily change people's lifestyle choices.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tiltshift For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 10:11 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,086 Times in 656 Posts

People in Tennessee have pretty much gone back to their normal routine. Time will tell if that's a good thing or not.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altarboy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 10:14 PM
Beware of the dog!

Thanked 2,307 Times in 886 Posts

When did the virus really start in Wuhan? December? November? October? It was here before the media cared and before the world, outside of China, really knew about it.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...us-from-china/
Based on the information in the link above the United States averaged 250,000 Chinese tourist visitors every month. These tourists, once landed in the USA, usually traveled by tour bus, either a full size bus that seats about 50+ passengers, or a smaller tour bus that seats about 25 passengers. Travel from China was not stopped until January 31st, so those tourists on the ground probably stayed another 3 or 4 weeks to complete their tours, probably by the end of February. In the west these tours usually originated in California, probably the LA area, or the SanFran area. They would take up to a 2 week tour of national parks and other prestigious places along the way. Hollywood, Golden Gate Bridge, Death Valley, Reno, Las Vegas, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and many grocery stores, outlet malls, and tourist attractions, hotels, and gas stations along the way. Then, after about 2 weeks they fly to the east coast and tour fancy places back there. I will guess maybe Philly, NYC, DC, Jamestown, and whatever else may be interesting back there. Tourists that land on the east coast will do these tours in reverse.

It is silly to think the virus was not on any of those flights or any of those tours between December and February. Many people in California, Nevada, and Utah were sick with something that included many or most of the most common symptons for Covid-19 as early as December. The media ignores this, and there is no one offering an antibody test to allow those of us that were sick to get tested to verify.

The numbers in the southwest are relatively low. Some people were sick, there were positive tests once the testing began, but the numbers are relatively low considering the predictions they scared us with. If the media wasn't trying their best to scare the world into sudden death the rest of us would just be taking extra vitamins and drinking extra orange juice and Bloody Mary's.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to INresponse For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2020, 10:26 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 14,196 Times in 4,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTShawn View Post
People will never take it serious until it hits home. I know 2 people that had it and I know 2 that have died. And we have never had a case in my county. How can you ask when people are going to take it serious when you do not do the same? Be honest, running around with a mask and gloves does not make life normal, as if those 2 things give you permission to buy and plant roses.
Both Aerindel and Nomad stated it clearly.

Look, I know the numbers and I understand the skeptics. A lot of this stuff is not adding up. Something is askew. It is not the Press, or Trump or the Politicians or corporations. There is something they are not telling us.
I am not one for conspiracies but, I tell you this, Multinational Corporations do not commit suicide over hundreds of billions of dollars.
Something is seriously wrong here,

The food supply is going to show shortages in a month or two.

We are low on key commodities like CO2 and many meds.

The energy sector has crashed, even if oil prices rise, if no one is buying, it is a dead end. There is no more space.

Farmers tilling under spring vegetables and ranchers culling herds. It takes a full cycle to replenish these things. You can't just push "play" on a heifer. It takes a year or more.
Dairy is the same, it costs more to breed a cow for milk than the demand allows.

The system is broken, these things cannot be fixed overnight, Factories, yes, manufacturing, yes... Food supply? Not a chance in hell.

Something is going on and we will all be painfully aware come Fall.

So, play catch up Kev, if you dare but, from my eyes, you are among those that are not taking this serious enough. You have shown yourself to be exceedingly careless and lacking forethought.

You are actually projecting your inadequacies through the title of this thread.
I pray you and yours are safe, but, dude, stay home.... You created SB and owned it for what? 15 years? Have you not taken anything said here serious in all that time?
I am dumbfounded.

I was more prepped in a double wide with 4 kids on 4 acres, than you are on a piece of West Texas land. Grrrrr. If I had your gifts and resources.......grrrrrr.
Youíve got the micro and macro to deal with. Most folks have been in their own cocoon for all of their lives, and have no experience to look beyond their own immediate surroundings when confronted with extraordinary circumstances.

Kev is remarking on the reaction of his mostly rural neighbors to something we know a lot more about, thanks to this forum. Most of us would be thrilled with his physical circumstance, yet simply have to deal with our own reality, just like you.

Maybe Iím wrong, but personal reactions to such a massive, yet still in the infancy stages of planet changing events are going to be across the board. Challenging them is more a sign of frustration than dealing with upcoming reality. We need to accept that our world has changed irrevocably, and ride it out as best we can while helping others as best we can.

IMHO
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cabinet Maker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 10:34 PM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 17,995 Times in 4,777 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXplowgirl View Post
There are people here on the boards that arent taking it seriously either. I always post facts with links but yet I keep being told i'm fear mongering. I just think they're in denial and scared crapless and don't want to face the truth.
I understand that, The numbers give people a source of security. Montana is the 4th largest State with just over a million people. We are larger than Germany. We currently have 11 people in the hospital because of COVID-19. This has to do with the way most took it serious and the fact we have over 7 square miles per person population density.

But, now we hear that China has a second wave in Wuhan and has locked down another province with 11 million people. The Intel community is saying that China had as many as 20 million dead in China so far. Potatoes in a country that size but, alarming nonetheless.

We have reports of both overloaded hospitals here and empty ones as well.
We have refer trucks holding bodies while a few miles away hospitals are laying people off.

Nothing is adding up..... I may have to try some common core math to get my head around it because, this is all wrong. And this virus is in the middle. I think something bad is coming, far worse than what we are going through right now. Something is wrong with this virus. Latent effects? Asymptomatic carriers with a time bomb ticking inside that makes them drop dead? Hell, I don't know.
But, no matter what, being reckless is not the answer right now. I go to work every day but, I am careful and very clean. I use my masks, screw those that charge 600 bucks for an aspirin and did not have the foresight to prep for a pandemic. I prep, they didn't. I/we saw this long before the press picked it up. When normalcy bias hits our institutions and they focus on social issues instead of science, we lose. Bad times are upon us.

And every thread needs music.

Last edited by MTShawn; 04-25-2020 at 11:30 PM..
Old 04-25-2020, 10:35 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 38,138 Times in 10,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
Went to the local corner store to get gas for a fishing trip tomorrow. At the store were two parents and their two children. I am going to guess the children were both below the age of 10.

We have a county order that says only one family member in the store at a time. Copy of the order was posted on the front door.

Why take children to a corner store to start with? This is not a liquor store, it is just a local store where people buy snacks, gas, drinks... etc.

I forgot to get my mask that was in the truck. not a single person in the store was wearing a mask. I should have been the one setting the example. There were so many people I felt very uncomo0rtable.

Same thing at a local tire store this morning. Went in to get a quote for new truck tires - I was wearing my mask. Not a single employee or customer besides myself was covered.

Both stores groups of people were standing outside talking within arms reach of each other.
My not so humble opinion is every single person on earth is going to get this disease within 2-3 yrs, and its only God's Grace that it only kills a tiny precentage.

If you are 100% convinced CV is going to mutate to a more virolent form, and come back and hit the US population this fall, you would intensionally try and become infected now, and let your body develop anti bodies.

I do not know for certain that CV will do this. I don't even know for sure that anti bodies you develop to this strain will help you resist a more virolent form.
But until they get a working vaccine, the only people with any real protection, are those who have gotten sick and recovered.

Btw, a large number of folks here is Eastern Oklahoma came down with some virus last winter (mid Jan - late Feb) and ended up getting treated for pnemonia.
Perhaps we will find out once they carry out large scale anti body testing, but I believe at least 25% of the US population has already gotten sick and recovered.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 10:46 PM
Forum Administrator

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hick Industries View Post
Sic...... the only people with any real protection, are those who have recovered.
This is not showing itself to be true. Hence, a big unknown in this virus.
I called this thing a Monster in Feb, I still think it true.
Despite the numbers......
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MTShawn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 10:49 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 22,275 Times in 6,425 Posts

Quote:
If you are 100% convinced CV is going to mutate to a more virolent form, and come back and hit the US population this fall, you would intensionally try and become infected now, and let your body develop anti bodies.
Since people don't seem to become immune for very long to even this strain, its highly unlikely that getting this strain, will make you immune to the next one.

Although it still early days and none of this is known for sure yet.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 10:55 PM
Survivor

Thanked 72,993 Times in 22,535 Posts

Quote:
My not so humble opinion is every single person on earth is going to get this disease within 2-3 yrs, and its only God's Grace that it only kills a tiny precentage.

Why?

Historically speaking most viruses either "go away" or become less lethal in less time.

If it's one of those "plague of Justinian/black death multiyear civilization killers" your ( I'm) perfectly justified in staying home after the bacon is all gone and waiting it out. (Its been done)

History is fascinating.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 11:04 PM
Forum Administrator

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
Since people don't seem to become immune for very long to even this strain, its highly unlikely that getting this strain, will make you immune to the next one.

Although it still early days and none of this is known for sure yet.
Everything this virus has shown so far, has resulted in the very definition of TEOTWAWKI. Not the end of life nor the end society and not the Apocalypse.
But, things are different and I will be long dead before we get over the ramifications of this. Some say we recover in 6 months... I pray it is true. I pray we can pull out in 12 months. But, I don't see it. The World has been set back a year on food production. Yeah, we will get it, but at astronomical prices. It is broken. We will recover, but at great cost. I am reading some Steinbeck for perspective. This is worse.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MTShawn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 11:09 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

I agree the Doctors researching this thing do not know much of any thing for certain.

Yes, some folks got sick, apeared to recover (based on unknown testing) then seem to have developed symptoms a second time.

None of this is really conclusive, and this would be a strange virus indeed if the anti bodies developed by a person do not provide protection from secondary exposure. That is pretty much what anti bodies do.

That why vaccines that trigger a person to create anti bodirs work, and the current form of this virus is not very deadly at all for young persons in good health.

We do not have enough anti body tests kits to do this, but if we find out in 4-6 weeks that a large precentage of our population already have anti bodies,
then I submitt we destroyed our economy for nothing.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 11:18 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
Why?

Historically speaking most viruses either "go away" or become less lethal in less time.

If it's one of those "plague of Justinian/black death multiyear civilization killers" your ( I'm) perfectly justified in staying home after the bacon is all gone and waiting it out. (Its been done)

History is fascinating.
Why, because the rate of transmition for CV is off the charts. I believe that only the measles is more easily transmitted.

Further, it appears from the limited anti body testing done in selected areas, that over 20% of the population have already gotten, and recovered.

As most here already know, I was an engineer, not a doctor. But I am really good at math. If this disease has been spreading around since early Jan, and if 20% already show the anti bodies, I am confident we are all going to get it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 11:28 PM
boringly normal

Thanked 1,216 Times in 276 Posts

Quote:
Why, because the rate of transition for CV is off the charts. I believe that only the measles is more easily transmitted.

Further, it appears from the limited anti body testing done in selected areas, that over 20% of the population have already gotten, and recovered.

As most here already know, I was an engineer, not a doctor. But I am really good at math. If this disease has been spreading around since early Jan, and if 20% already show the anti bodies, I am confident we are all going to get it.
So - if these things are true, that so many have antibodies and so many have quietly have had this thing - we come back to what the hell happened with China and Italy? And NYC? are the ones dying and in the hospital having their second infections? and its the repeat infection that kills you?

That would make some sense, anyway.

Last edited by DenimDave; 04-25-2020 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: typo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DenimDave For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 11:43 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Why, because the rate of transition for CV is off the charts. I believe that only the measles is more easily transmitted.

I thought I read that at Least one (think more) of the antibodies test was for ANY coronavirus.... Meaning anyone who has ever had a cold would 'pop ' for antibiodies.

But I was more questioning the 2-3 year timetable as I expect no longer than an 18 month duration based on historical models.

My (cough, cough) dating life outlook would really suck, but people with pensions, work from home, etc can stay harbored up that long.

2-3.... I'm gonna need a bacon resupply, and maybe one of those real dolls...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 11:44 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenimDave View Post
So - if these things are true, that so many have antibodies and so many have quietly have had this thing - we come back to what the hell happened with China and Italy? And NYC? are the ones dying and in the hospital having their second infections? and its the repeat infection that kills you?

That would make some sense, anyway.
Almost anything is possible and the smartest Docs working on this simply do not know.
Not yet.

What happened in China, Itally, Spain, and NYC? Too damn many people are old, fat, high BP, and smoke.

Untill we get real answers the best responce is to exercise, loose weight, and stop smoking.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 11:47 PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanked 22,427 Times in 6,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
I thought I read that at Least one (think more) of the antibodies test was for ANY coronavirus.... Meaning anyone who has ever had a cold would 'pop ' for antibiodies.

But I was more questioning the 2-3 year timetable as I expect no longer than an 18 month duration based on historical models.

My (cough, cough) dating life outlook would really suck, but people with pensions, work from home, etc can stay harbored up that long.

2-3.... I'm gonna need a bacon resupply, and maybe one of those real dolls...
Now that is just sad right there. Maybe you can go on Farmer's only web site
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 11:51 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
Went to the local corner store to get gas for a fishing trip tomorrow. At the store were two parents and their two children. I am going to guess the children were both below the age of 10.

We have a county order that says only one family member in the store at a time. Copy of the order was posted on the front door.

Why take children to a corner store to start with? This is not a liquor store, it is just a local store where people buy snacks, gas, drinks... etc.

I forgot to get my mask that was in the truck. not a single person in the store was wearing a mask. I should have been the one setting the example. There were so many people I felt very uncomo0rtable.

Same thing at a local tire store this morning. Went in to get a quote for new truck tires - I was wearing my mask. Not a single employee or customer besides myself was covered.

Both stores groups of people were standing outside talking within arms reach of each other.
My God, you are a walking oxymoron.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRH.1979 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 11:53 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost863 View Post
Now that is just sad right there. Maybe you can go on Farmer's only web site
30 day quarantine is kinda steep for a first date!

One ex was willing.... But I wasn't!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 11:55 PM
Ingloriously Deplorable

Thanked 7,042 Times in 2,073 Posts

Why, whatever could be wrong? Its perfectly normal to run a world into the ground over a virus, isn't it? Don't we do this every year?
No. We do not.

1918 H1N1 "spanish Flu" pandemic. Estimates listed by the CDC; 500 million cases worldwide 50-100 million dead worldwide. 675,000 dead in the US. No, their medical prowess wasn't what we have now but let me toss this in there;
US Census 1917 103,268,000 1918 103,208,000 1919 104,514,000
Do you see it yet? (I have no idea where they got those numbers from, but that's what is on their website for those years)
1957 H2N2 Hong Kong Flu pandemic 1.1 million deaths worldwide, 116,000 US deaths
2009 H1N1 "Swine Flu" pandemic 60.3 million US cases 12,469 deaths. US population 306,800,000.
Do you see it yet?
This is from the John's-Hopkins for this bug;
Worldwide cases 2,824,728 cases, 197,667 deaths.
US cases 905,333 51,949 deaths.

Every year is some flu; bird, duck, pig, duck, chicken...whatever....and NOT ONCE did we EVER do something like this.

Do you see now? Is is clearer?

Their numbers don't even add up. We know for a fact they are padding their stats but there was something about COVID-19 that CLEARLY had them worried. Or, their concern was made-up because they had an ulterior motive. Clotting issues, interference with the blood's ability to carry oxygen, some other stuff, maybe that was it. I was willing to give them the benefit of doubt....but.

The week this kicked off I talked with two of my own doctors. Those were prior scheduled events and NEITHER of them were very worried. Still aren't. I have family who work in the medical field. You'll never guess what they think. LOL.

Of course its prudent to take precautions! I wore PPE as a part of my job at times and I have been trained properly. I will spare you the details save this; do what you think is right for your circumstances to protect yourself. You want to live behind the wire until this blows over? Not wear a mask wear a mask, gloved, bodysuit (seen that) you'll get no argument from me, no laughs, no snide remarks either. In fact, all of the precautions "they" have reccommended all seem like a good idea during normal flu season anyway.

But the rest of this? Something is way off, man.

Think of all the ****.....stuff that's happened. How badly people have been acting just because their girl lost. Just because their Country got the short/brown end of the stick in a trade deal. Or your Country, that's been freeloading all these years as part of NATO got told pay up or **** off. LOL. And that's just the stuff we know.

The impeachment? Think of the timing. Remember all the delays? Ain't no such thing as cooincidence, folks. Remember spygate? The NSA and FBI spying on a presidential candidate? Ukrainegate and those other something-gates leading up to that impeachment that wasn't even anything listed in the law as impeachable? all, most likely, came right out of the CIA. From ONE guy. There's more happening here. If you paid attention to some other things, you'd see that. As I used to say, its way above my pay grade. I still say that LOL, and its true because now they pay me to stay away. And I do. But I'm not blind. And neither are y'all.

I could waste another two or five pages listing all the crap that has happened; Iranian satellites going into orbit, a fat little North Korean who suddenly "went AWOL"...or something. Some of you watch the news like I do. Then you know that there isn't ONE mainstream news organization that is honest and truthful. They are all skewed in some way. The internet/part-timers.....there's so much utter, total, complete BS out there its hard to know whom to trust.

I do the best I can but here's the kicker; they don't WANT us to know. They use them to manipulate people like they do everything else.

So next time you see that bloomberg article about another pork plant going off line, you need to consider the source. Look DEEPER. and just how much of the total production was that, 2, four percent? With twenty six million people "out of work" they can't get replacements for sick workers? Of course training them to operate the chicken-plucker machine takes a week or so.

Screwby is a word I've had to bring back from the olden days. Beyond stupid, beyond screwed up. Screwby. We have one part of the government apparently trying their level best to do what's right, based on faulty data or not, do what they think is right in the best interests of the Country while the other side sabotages them by any means necessary because they could give two craps about the Country or the people....they're trying to win an election.

We have already seen, in just one short month, how far they are willing to go. Any of y'all who are readers of those dystopian SHTF novels....they don't seem so far fetched now, DO THEY?

Regardless, whatever happens really doesn't change my plans at all. If this turns out to be some sort of dry run, thanks for the practice. If not, I can deal to some extent. Other than that, I'm wingin' it just like the rest of y'all. But I mean to have my Country back, one way or another.

Last edited by Aceoky; 04-26-2020 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: language filter
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rockwell Torrey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 11:58 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwell Torrey View Post
Why, whatever could be wrong? Its perfectly normal to run a world into the ground over a virus, isn't it? Don't we do this every year?
No. We do not.

1918 H1N1 "spanish Flu" pandemic. Estimates listed by the CDC; 500 million dead worldwide.
50-100 million.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post: