Civil Unrest Reports - Please list them as you see them - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-23-2020, 03:04 PM
Hunter

Thanked 5,099 Times in 886 Posts

Advertise Here

Around here, the only thing I heard of on neighborhood watch was some lady peeved at Burger King being closed.

She started screaming at the empty building and proceeded to poop out front.

Guessing she had some psychological problems, but we’re probably going to see more of that type of issues too.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAHMofTwins For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 04:09 PM
democrats = Hydra

Thanked 10,091 Times in 3,815 Posts

rural area. my scanner very very quiet, just an occasional ambulance call.

my local leos are also backing off traffic enforcement.

when the good warm weather comes I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of teens running around
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sailorsam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost863 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
An armed KY is a polite KY [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
isn't that the way it is supposed to be everywhere? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Yea, ive lived in 6 states and 4 countries. People not from here dont believe it till they see it. Ky makes texas look like new jersey when it comes to armed citizen's. Even my freinds fron Ok, Tx, and Tn come to visit and cant believe it. Its not just guns, but ammo, gear, food and generally an attitude of waiting for dumb **** to kick off.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chronic the Hashhog For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2020, 08:20 PM
Target Shooter

I've seen several reports of people threatening to cough on others, saying they have the virus, in various locations around the country.

Guy in Chicago actually coughed on the cops...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChickenSalad For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 06:27 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,834 Times in 587 Posts

This is interesting. In Norway, a country not known for criminality, out of work people committed 60% more property crimes. The authors of the study postulated that the effect of job losses would be worse in the U.S.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90477075...-jobs-research
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prepper_Ed For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 03:03 PM
Prepared

Thanked 1,303 Times in 273 Posts

I knew it was a matter of time before it was going to start up. Looks like tourist are the targets...and for whatever reason still here? With the island shut down. One of many issues. Clearly do not take the coronavirus issue serious...as into regards to safety for himself and his family. The last thing he thought about was how angry people are about people coming into the islands infected. nor that we were in the middle of a major pandemic.

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - A mainland family who took advantage of the cheap airfares to Hawaii found themselves being victimized for it in Waikiki on Wednesday.

The Shepard family, of Illinois, told Hawaii News Now they could never afford to come to the islands so when they saw the airfares drop, they jumped at the chance for a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

But Robert Shepard says they were attacked by a man, who accused them of trying to spread the coronavirus. He slashed all their tires on the rent a car.

The incident left his daughters in tears on the side of the road at Kapiolani Park.

"He started screaming and yelling about how we're not from here, and that we need to leave," said Shepard.

“Then he started to back up with his door open and tried to hit me. Then he turned in and tried to back up and ram me with his truck, and finally, he decided to take off.”
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calm For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 03:18 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post
I knew it was a matter of time before it was going to start up. Looks like tourist are the targets...and for whatever reason still here? With the island shut down. One of many issues. Clearly do not take the coronavirus issue serious...as into regards to safety for himself and his family. The last thing he thought about was how angry people are about people coming into the islands infected. nor that we were in the middle of a major pandemic.

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - A mainland family who took advantage of the cheap airfares to Hawaii found themselves being victimized for it in Waikiki on Wednesday.

The Shepard family, of Illinois, told Hawaii News Now they could never afford to come to the islands so when they saw the airfares drop, they jumped at the chance for a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

But Robert Shepard says they were attacked by a man, who accused them of trying to spread the coronavirus. He slashed all their tires on the rent a car.

The incident left his daughters in tears on the side of the road at Kapiolani Park.

"He started screaming and yelling about how we're not from here, and that we need to leave," said Shepard.

“Then he started to back up with his door open and tried to hit me. Then he turned in and tried to back up and ram me with his truck, and finally, he decided to take off.”
While I agree the people from IL are crazy fools for taking a trip right now I think Hawaii needs to realize you live by tourism and you can't simple say stop on a dime. Be mad at the governor for not shutting the state completely.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BCseacow83 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 04:33 PM
VIP Member

I think that someone claiming to have coronavirus and attempting to cough on me would put me in fear of my life and the perp might get ventilated instead of a ventilator.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to big guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 05:22 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,321 Times in 558 Posts

Its gonna get worse by April 7th. Thats when the moon is full and the fools come out of the woodwork.

But so far nothing around here that I know of. The worst that happens in the thriving megalopolis of Burleson Tx is that the teenagers like to drive around and egg cars. Right now the little bastards can't get eggs so thats on standby for the time being.

My son got pulled over here in town and the cop got sorta close to his window and just told him to slow down. My son said he was going 42 in a 35 and the cop said he was going 50. But the cop said they aren't giving tickets right now so just slow down. My son said the whole meeting lasted about 20 seconds and the cop took off.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hatchet jack For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 07:44 PM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFrugalPrepper View Post
It seems as if most of us are expecting some form of civil unrest before this is all over. Theft, violence, etc.

I figured it would be goosd to have a single place where we could list them to keep track of them easily.

So list them if you've got them and please remember to include city and state so we can keep track of our own areas better.
It's already too late in the UK a 13 year old was rampled over toilet paper.
The Following User Says Thank You to Draqwraith For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 07:45 PM

Looks like junkies and skids don`t take a day off or stay indoors.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ovid-1.5511726

Godspeed
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CapitalKane49p For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 06:41 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 4,331 Times in 1,363 Posts

Woman in PA coughs on Produce and Bread about $35,000 dollars of Food had to be thrown out.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/woman-...t%20270%20days
Old 03-27-2020, 08:20 PM
Prepared

In my corner of the NE car breakins were growing the past few months, but it looks like a all time high right now. More people sharing their Ring cameras and car breakins seem to be on the rise. Also way more strangers hanging around the supermarket parking lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to gaxman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 08:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,252 Times in 2,570 Posts

I live in a single house and the place next to me is a 4 unit apartment.

The cops have been there 6 or 7 times this week.

I think its because one of the newer tenants has a kid that is retarded or autistic and just loves to call the cops over menial bull**** and he will chat with them for like an hour or however long their willing to tolerate him.

The police will quickly quell that sort of behavior after a few more bogus calls.

So far that's about the only civil unrest I've seen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Helion For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 08:57 PM
Grevcon 10

Thanked 38,706 Times in 9,261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaxman View Post
In my corner of the NE car breakins were growing the past few months, but it looks like a all time high right now. More people sharing their Ring cameras and car breakins seem to be on the rise. Also way more strangers hanging around the supermarket parking lot.
Mass car thefts are up here too. Multiple per night. Probably 10x was it was. People just going down the street raiding every car on the street.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 09:08 PM

DH removed his carry weapon from his truck (double-locked in a compartment within a compartment) since we started monitoring the scanner traffic this week. The sheeple in my area are going bonkers and losing their mind. The police are getting calls for suicidal people, runaways, fights, drunk people and more.

If you don't have a scanner or they've gone digital, you can usually find streams online as well.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to canningmom42 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 09:27 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,421 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canningmom42 View Post
DH removed his carry weapon from his truck (double-locked in a compartment within a compartment) since we started monitoring the scanner traffic this week. The sheeple in my area are going bonkers and losing their mind. The police are getting calls for suicidal people, runaways, fights, drunk people and more.
Just curious- what rough area is this occuring?
The Following User Says Thank You to .455_Hunter For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 09:33 PM
Survivor

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is 2nd home - Rustbelt is home base
Thanked 4,173 Times in 1,329 Posts

Read there were riots in Wuhan at another forum. Can't send link. Am on tablet and don't know how.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:40 PM
Prepared

Thanked 1,303 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHMofTwins View Post
Around here, the only thing I heard of on neighborhood watch was some lady peeved at Burger King being closed.

She started screaming at the empty building and proceeded to poop out front.

Guessing she had some psychological problems, but we’re probably going to see more of that type of issues too.
We had something somewhat the same....the lady was running down the street naked, screaming. She tried to get into a shop but they saw her coming and locked the door, she was outside banging on the door hard and screaming. It was something to see on the video.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:44 PM

I have family in a suburb of the Portland area. Was told they got a letter from their HOA telling them to be cautious as burglaries have been happening more frequently. It’s a upper income neighborhood with little to no crime.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MHarn For This Useful Post: