Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Preppers in the greater Houston Area pakrat13 Events, Connections and Get togethers 120 09-02-2016 09:20 AM
Houston preppers? Oensol Events, Connections and Get togethers 9 03-21-2015 05:58 PM
Network of Preppers adaptandsurvive Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 03-06-2014 03:09 PM
Attn: Houston Area Preppers kitkatbar Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 1 10-16-2013 10:00 AM
preppers in North Houston JoeBub New Member Introduction 51 02-20-2013 08:49 PM
The American Preppers Network and starting out. Mack Bolan Events, Connections and Get togethers 4 12-07-2012 03:12 PM
Casting for TLC Network: Preppers with Bunkers! GoodCleanFun Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 146 02-25-2011 12:26 PM
Hello From Houston, Texas MoB Extortion New Member Introduction 17 11-29-2009 08:11 PM
Newbie from Kentucky Preppers Network 1kentuckyprepper New Member Introduction 23 04-09-2009 09:46 AM
Preppers in Houston... JohnP Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 10 02-09-2009 07:31 PM

Old 03-07-2012, 09:35 AM

Default Houston Texas Preppers Network

Advertise Here

Hello Everyone I am new to the prepping community. I wanted to see if there were any groups in the Houston area that are taking in new members or if anyone would like to create a prepping group? I live in the Southwest Houston area. My wife is an RN and I have basic survival skills but I am definitely interested in learning new skills. If you would like to form a group or create a network of groups please let me know. I would like to extend this throughout Texas and the country if anyone or group is interested in providing safe passage for other prepping groups or families that are associated with a group but just needs help getting from one location to another. This would be helping anyone traveling alone like women, children or the elderly to get to a safe location to be with their families. It would be a trusted network to ensure that they would not be harmed or robbed. With so many possibilities of some type of disaster happening within the near future, I would like to start a survival workshop to teach basic survival skills (if this isn't already offered). Please if anyone is interested in helping let me know.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperBad For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2012, 02:19 PM

yea!!! i live on the far east side, out in the country. im a EMT and going back to school for Fire, but im also a Volly FF. My wife is going to school for RN
Old 03-07-2012, 02:51 PM

Have you started prepping? I'm going to start putting together supplies and pick a decent BOL. How far are you from Houston? How's the land out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Trapper

yea not a bad idea. This comes up every couple months, the biggest issue is meeting with random people over the internet make alot of people uncomfortable. If your going to teach skills make sure you really know your stuff, false confidence is even more dangerous than knowing you dont know anything in my opinion. Good luck though.
The Following User Says Thank You to AZSrvr For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2012, 03:16 PM

I agree with you about meeting strangers online. It can be dangerous but I guess you would have to start locally. I for sure am not the professional to teach the skills. But being able to share ideas for new ways to make fuel for fire, how to properly defend your property and best routes to take during a disaster. Stuff that would benefit people with good intentions. My main focus would be to help people who were not prepared but deserve a chance.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Forever Vigilant

Thanked 4,342 Times in 1,314 Posts

Texas Preparedness Group has Groups in Houston and all over Texas.
The Following User Says Thank You to SMM123 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2012, 06:28 PM
urban redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMM123 View Post
Texas Preparedness Group has Groups in Houston and all over Texas.
went to site and didnt find many in the Nac/lufkin area but there was a big group in the dallas area if i recall correctly.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Forever Vigilant

Thanked 4,342 Times in 1,314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk21 View Post
went to site and didnt find many in the Nac/lufkin area but there was a big group in the dallas area if i recall correctly.
The big Dallas Group is more of a social/networking group, not an actual MAG. You have to follow the details of each Group and make specific inquiries to see what a Group or Member is about or what they are looking for.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:17 PM

we dont prep for a zombie outbreak or some kind of doomsday.......feel fee to flame

but the land out this way is good for what i need it for, my land gots tons of timber and plenty of places to "bugout" to and pleanty of game. but very wooded

but im not telling you what we have, or where our locations are but even thou we live out far i would feel better living at least 30 mins from ANYONE
Old 11-27-2012, 11:43 AM

Default Houston Prepper

Hard to find prepper networks here in Houston strangely. I think the other issue is that people are prepping for different things. Some for the Mayan thing others like myself for social unrest when our economy ****s the bed.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:22 PM

I am in the North Houston area and I am new to prepping. I would like to plan for any situation that comes up. I believe we have many things coming that can cause the end of the world as we know it. I would like to learn as much as I can to help my family as best as I can. I have started prepping but know I am not even close to being ready. Any ideas and help would be appreciated.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:09 PM
Eprepper

Default Just joined

Ive been on fb & twitter trying to find others that our interested in prepping and that was just a BIG FAIL!!! So im hoping to find a group of great ppl that will help me as a NEW prepper, to find great deals on item, foods etc. also great ideas about other things ive never thought about.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Eprepper

Default Sams club

My fiance and i have just purchase Sams club membership. Have not be able to use it yet but we have browsed. Im more into prepping than she is. The more i keep talking and explaining that im not just thinking about a shtf" moment but any kind a emergency like hurricanes, house break ins etc. She is slowly getting into it.. Sams club is a local adult Toys R us for me... If your just starting prepping, i think you should budget yourself each week or month bc even though you want everything all at once, alot of it IS EXPENSIVE!!! I am also looking for places that i can get more for my buck. So HMU if yall know of anywhere i can also check out.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Eprepper

Im about 20 to 30 min from houston
Old 02-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,077 Times in 5,050 Posts

Welcome, Ecirios. Be sure to check out walmart online, too. Sometimes they have stuff cheaper than Sam's.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Eprepper

Thanks will do... What are you prepping for
Old 04-02-2013, 04:09 PM

Default Houston preppers

Looking for families etc or individuals who are into prepping in the Houston area, I am new to the board, I am a looking to share ideas as well as meet others who are in a group or who may want to start a group.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:38 AM

just joined the forum today - houston area - would love to learn/teach and share etc. but also not sure other than this reply how to go about doing that...
The Following User Says Thank You to Coastal_Prepper For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2013, 11:42 AM

there is a container place in Bacliff, TX (Galveston Cty) that has gamma lids, mylar bags, absorbers etc - decent prices for small quantities, better than online anyway - seems that online you must spend $400 to get a good per unit price. New to this, so any info/help/suggestions/deals you can pass on would be welcome also! Oh, found several sites for medical supplies that are extraordinarily cheap - don't buy local retail for medical supplies...if you can wait for it to ship to you then you will definitely be able to save money online. I went to wal-mart and CVS and first of all they don't have half of what I need (sutures, syringes...real medical supplies not bactine and band-aids). For the stuff that they did have, I would have paid 5x more at wal mart and 6x more at CVS....
Old 04-07-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal_Prepper View Post
there is a container place in Bacliff, TX (Galveston Cty) that has gamma lids, mylar bags, absorbers etc - decent prices for small quantities, better than online anyway - seems that online you must spend $400 to get a good per unit price. New to this, so any info/help/suggestions/deals you can pass on would be welcome also! Oh, found several sites for medical supplies that are extraordinarily cheap - don't buy local retail for medical supplies...if you can wait for it to ship to you then you will definitely be able to save money online. I went to wal-mart and CVS and first of all they don't have half of what I need (sutures, syringes...real medical supplies not bactine and band-aids). For the stuff that they did have, I would have paid 5x more at wal mart and 6x more at CVS....

There is a med supply at traders village near 290 and eldrige that has suture equipment, castmaking supplies, etc at great prices
The Following User Says Thank You to redneckhouston For This Useful Post: