Notices

Advertise Here

Old 05-28-2020, 08:53 PM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 21,449 Times in 7,728 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH.1979 View Post
Think it would be interesting to have forum members go on record as to what they expect the CoVid-19 numbers to be on 12/31. Not asking for best case or worst case scenarios. Asking what you think is most likely scenario (whatever that may mean to you).

How many Covid-19 deaths by 12/31?

How many CoVid-19 deaths in December.

My guesses are 400,000 total and 100,000 in December (ramping up from 30,000 in October and 60,000 in November).

I hope its less, but I think these numbers are more probable than not.
This is one of those 'impossible to say' things, as it depends to a large degree on the random and unpredictable development of COVID-19. If it stays at the current levels of infectiability and lethality, we can use those figures. If it diminishes, that will be all to the good. If it gets really bad, we're looking at 1918 numbers or worse. *I* am assuming the worst - not quite Captain Trips, but close enough - and prepping with that in mind.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2020, 09:03 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,501 Times in 827 Posts

My doctor said he believes they will have a vaccine by October. However, medical workers, elderly and essential workers will get the vaccine first. They only give around 60 million flu shots a year. They do help with the flu, at least 50% of the time if they guess the right flu. There would be less flu related deaths if everyone got them. Many people will not take the Covid-19 vaccine like they don't take the flu or pneumonia shots. I started taking the flu shot about 25 years ago and haven't had the flu since.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:08 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,046 Posts

You canít trust anything they tell you. I mean come on just look at what that idiot governor from New York has done. Iíd be willing to bet the true virus death toll in America is less than half the numbers reported.
100,000 dead from the Corona Virus in 2020.
0 deaths from the flu, really do you ever hear a report on flu deaths.

Biggest scam ever put on the world, Iíve refused to be a part of it. I will never quarantine during this (pandemic) I will not wear a mask or gloves or sit my ass at home.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tyrone For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2020, 09:14 PM
Survivor

Thanked 73,473 Times in 22,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
You canít trust anything they tell you. I mean come on just look at what that idiot governor from New York has done. Iíd be willing to bet the true virus death toll in America is less than half the numbers reported.
100,000 dead
from the Corona Virus in 2020.
0 deaths from the flu, really do you ever hear a report on flu deaths.

Biggest scam ever put on the world, Iíve refused to be a part of it. I will never quarantine during this (pandemic) I will not wear a mask or gloves or sit my ass at home.
So, you believe tens of thousands of people have died from this.

If your in good shape and young enough you stand a 97-99% chance of not dying from it.

I'm not saying you should stay home, or not to go anywhere you want to go that are willing to accept you.

But:
Why be such an inconsiderate ******* as to not take some basic steps to potentially save someone else's life?

I 'd go much more out of my way to avoid hurting other people. You care that little for others?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2020, 09:59 PM
His Disciple

Thanked 9,356 Times in 3,659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH.1979 View Post
Think it would be interesting to have forum members go on record as to what they expect the CoVid-19 numbers to be on 12/31. Not asking for best case or worst case scenarios. Asking what you think is most likely scenario (whatever that may mean to you).

How many Covid-19 deaths by 12/31?

How many CoVid-19 deaths in December.

My guesses are 400,000 total and 100,000 in December (ramping up from 30,000 in October and 60,000 in November).

I hope its less, but I think these numbers are more probable than not.
I think the proper question is, how many will die and be properly diagnosed with dying "from" COVID-19 versus dying "with" COVID-19?

I would venture to bet that people will die from the typical flu but will somehow be diagnosed with COVID-19. People have to save face based on their prediction and false information they put out, not to mention the money to be made from the GOV for people diagnosed, put on ventilators, and whom die from COVID-19.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esheldon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2020, 10:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 29,560 Times in 7,092 Posts

So what's the problem. 3.6 million went back to work this month, everything is opening up, the numbers are fake, and the country isn't shutting down again..

You never even have to look at flu or covid-19 numbers again if you don't want since the CDC is liar central and everything from them are fake numbers made up by career liars.

At the end of the year the dead will be buried by others and you won't have to care.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2020, 10:07 PM
His Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXplowgirl View Post
I've been reading up on the Spanish Flu from 1918/19 and even though this isn't the flu it sure seems to me the world is following in it's footsteps really, really close, almost exactly.

The flu hit in the early part of March 1918 and by Oct we had 200,000 dead in the US. I hope not but I wouldn't be surprised after watching everyone out partying over the Memorial Weekend. I can see it. We are at 102,391 just a minute ago when I checked here. https://ncov2019.live/data By the end of 1919 there were 675,000 dead here in just the US. But i'm getting ahead of myself. Let's see what Dec brings and if they actually get a vaccine out that works. But I will officially say at least 225,000 to 250,000 by the end of Dec and i'm being very conservative on that.

If they don't get on the ball and get some kind of vaccine it's gonna be a whole lot worse next year.

Just 1 link on the Spanish Flu https://www.history.com/topics/world...8-flu-pandemic

and there are a bunch of Youtube videos if you want to watch them.
And you know this because??? Why does everyone think that a vaccine is the answer?? IMO a vaccine is another chance for the disease to mutate and become another strain. The best defense is the human autoimmune system. God gave it to us, yet we keep screwing with it by introducing crap into our system to distract it from doing its job!
Old 05-28-2020, 10:20 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,046 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
So, you believe tens of thousands of people have died from this.

If your in good shape and young enough you stand a 97-99% chance of not dying from it.

I'm not saying you should stay home, or not to go anywhere you want to go that are willing to accept you.

But:
Why be such an inconsiderate ******* as to not take some basic steps to potentially save someone else's life?

I 'd go much more out of my way to avoid hurting other people. You care that little for others?
Nomad you just stay in your little spider hole, weíll let you know when itís safe out here. What the ****, you think Iím running up licking people on the face. If I walk past you and I have it there is NO way youíre going to get it from me.
In fact I stated that I tested positive about a month or so ago. Did I quarantine? **** no I didnít, no mask, no gloves.
I called 11 people to tell them I had it and maybe they should get tested. ALL of them tested back negative.
Iíll tell you what I do, do though. I Keep hand sanitizer with me and use it liberally, I bath when I should and Iím cleaning all the time.
If I die from it, oh well something was going to get me.

I donít believe for one second there have been 100,000 corona virus deaths. You hear it everywhere... oh yeah any car accident, shooting, heart attack, cancer you name the death, yeah all of them were tested if they showed as positive although they died from the injuries from the wreck or whatever itís listed as a corona death.

Between the media and the Democrats playing up this version of the flu just to bring down Trump and to you hidey hole sheeple Youíre doing exactly what they want.
Jeeezzzzz people take your ****ing life back.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tyrone For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2020, 11:03 PM
His Disciple

Quote:
Nomad you just stay in your little spider hole, weíll let you know when itís safe out here. What the ****, you think Iím running up licking people on the face. If I walk past you and I have it there is NO way youíre going to get it from me.
In fact I stated that I tested positive about a month or so ago. Did I quarantine? **** no I didnít, no mask, no gloves.
I called 11 people to tell them I had it and maybe they should get tested. ALL of them tested back negative.
Iíll tell you what I do, do though. I Keep hand sanitizer with me and use it liberally, I bath when I should and Iím cleaning all the time.

I donít believe for one second there have been 100,000 corona virus deaths. You hear it everywhere... oh yeah any car accident, shooting, heart attack, cancer you name the death, yeah all of them were tested if they showed as positive although they died from the injuries from the wreck or whatever itís listed as a corona death.

Between the media and the Democrats playing up this version of the flu just to bring down Trump and to you hidey hole sheeple Youíre doing exactly what they want.
When medical institutions are granted money for people who are diagnosed with COVID-19 (approx 13k) and who die from COVID-19 (approx 39k), it's a wonder the death toll is as high as it is. I was at my neighbors house sitting around a fire pit, his wife works at a military hospital and her best friend (a nurse that deals with COVID patients), and I was talking with the best friend about that, she also enlightened me about a 72k payment that is also received. I cannot remember the exact reason at this moment and I will find out, but it is also related to COVID. So no one can tell me for a moment, that the 100,000 number is "not" skewed!
Old 05-28-2020, 11:43 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,541 Times in 600 Posts

301,778. That will be the total number of US deaths by the end of December.

Last edited by workquik; 05-29-2020 at 03:07 AM.. Reason: Edited to denote US deaths.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:33 AM
The Black Death

Deaths in the USA by the end of December

275,000 to 325,000
Old 05-29-2020, 12:37 AM
The Black Death

Deaths globally by the end of December

990,000 to 1,250,000
Old 05-29-2020, 01:07 AM
Survivor

Thanked 73,473 Times in 22,650 Posts

Quote:
Nomad you just stay in your little spider hole, we’ll let you know when it’s safe out here. What the ****, you think I’m running up licking people on the face. If I walk past you and I have it there is NO way you’re going to get it from me.
In fact I stated that I tested positive about a month or so ago. Did I quarantine? **** no I didn’t, no mask, no gloves.
I’ll tell you what I do, do though. I Keep hand sanitizer with me and use it liberally, I bath when I should and I’m cleaning all the time.

I don’t believe for one second there have been 100,000 corona virus deaths. You hear it everywhere... oh yeah any car accident, shooting, heart attack, cancer you name the death, yeah all of them were tested if they showed as positive although they died from the injuries from the wreck or whatever it’s listed as a corona death.

Between the media and the Democrats playing up this version of the flu just to bring down Trump and to you hidey hole sheeple You’re doing exactly what they want.
Quote:
. I’d be willing to bet the true virus death toll in America is less than half the numbers reported.
100,000 dead from the Corona Virus in 2020.
Since you said "less than half" and didn't say "one quarter" or "a third" I took your statement to mean between 33,334 and 49,999

That is "tens of thousands"

YOUR statement, YOUR number.

My life is doing very well thank you. I'm picking cherries tomorrow. Same thing I'd be doing regardless.

Quote:
Nomad you just stay in your little spider hole, we’ll let you know when it’s safe out here. What the ****, you think I’m running up licking people on the face. If I walk past you and I have it there is NO way you’re going to get it from me.
In fact I stated that I tested positive about a month or so ago. Did I quarantine? **** no I didn’t, no mask, no gloves
SO, apparently the answer is yes.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:21 AM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 35,745 Times in 10,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by esheldon View Post
And you know this because??? Why does everyone think that a vaccine is the answer?? IMO a vaccine is another chance for the disease to mutate and become another strain. The best defense is the human autoimmune system. God gave it to us, yet we keep screwing with it by introducing crap into our system to distract it from doing its job!
I don't know anything. I can only hope. You know that infernal optimism that everything turns out ok? My immune system is almost nonexistant due to my Lupus so all I can do is hope, pray and avoid because that's all I can do.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 06:31 AM
Certified Organic Grower

Thanked 11,658 Times in 3,589 Posts

How many will croak by December?

I'd like to beat all the drama queen's guesses so I'll go with 25 million.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeftCoast Grower For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 06:38 AM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 10,899 Times in 4,187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast Grower View Post

Watch out..... someone will do the math and calculate the percentages... you will be off by 100. Lol.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 08:20 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,424 Times in 1,651 Posts

If the riots keep spreading, we will have a second wave in all the major cities with no groceries stores left to loot. Then people will not only die from corona but starvation, the rioting will spread and and and......
Old 05-29-2020, 08:22 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,424 Times in 1,651 Posts

I might add the absolute guesses here are probably as good as the crappy projections used by disgraced "scientists" who helped shut down countries and then went against their own advice.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:40 AM
read more, post less

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast Grower View Post

I'll see your 25 million and raise you . . .

Oh my God. With everything opening up so early and all the reports of no people wearing masks (HOW DARE YOU!) including those who admit they will never wear one AND now the riots, er I mean protests, the only folks doing social distancing are the reporters who are dutifully wearing masks because, "We're all in this together comrade (show your mask)"; the 'facts' they gave at first was with a fourteen day incubation period and the 'potential' to spread like the Rodeo-Chediski wildfire, we should have about 296,318,666 dead in the US alone by the end of December.

Go home. Hide in your mask.
The Following User Says Thank You to teddyearp For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 12:18 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,725 Times in 2,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post
To what end? By the end of December nobody will have died from anything else.
its a damn shame, all those folks needing chemo, alcohol treatment, liver transplant, etc etc etc etc who will die because of the media scaring them into not being treated.