**Ladies Section** Ladies hair length for preparedness - Page 5 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Ladies Section The Girlvivalists Hangout Area.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***Ladies Section*** I am tired. {{Ladies Section Post}} Rvnquest Ladies Section 75 01-13-2019 06:36 PM
**Ladies Section-Ladies Only** Conceal carry for ladies Lindsterkay Ladies Section 34 01-12-2019 01:12 AM
**Ladies Section** Beauty, Hair, Skin Care & Hygiene Moonbeam Ladies Section 14 05-21-2018 07:59 PM
**Ladies Section**GHB/BoB weight for ladies... (Ladies section) 13ella Ladies Section 55 06-30-2016 12:34 PM
**Ladies Section** Thank goodness there is a ladies section brightceci Ladies Section 4 12-27-2015 08:59 PM
**Ladies Only Section** Skin n hair oil recipe feralmuse Ladies Section 0 12-07-2015 08:35 AM
**Ladies Section** Single Ladies GreenShepherdess Ladies Section 9 11-22-2015 12:03 AM
**Ladies Section** Ladies Blessings Thread allye Ladies Section 135 11-21-2015 10:34 PM
**Ladies Section** TEOTWAWKI calendar for the Ladies... SkilletCornbread Ladies Section 2 10-17-2015 06:48 AM

Old 06-22-2018, 01:30 AM
Prepared

Advertise Here

My hair is nearly to my waist, and I use the no poo method to "wash" my hair....baking soda + water. I can also use handmade lye soap on my hair, with the same effects. The only time my hair gets weird is around campfires.....and when I have to use florida water to wash it. (Idk why the water in florida affects it so, lol!). I "wash" it about every 5-6 days in the summer, and 8-10 days in the winter, and if needed I rinse it in between (usually in the summer, when it's hot and I get sweaty). It can take about 18+ hrs to dry fully.

I use this nautilus bun daily to pull my hair up.....nothing else is needed but my hair!!!! And thank goodness, cause I would get headaches in the past and need to keep it closer to my bra strap. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gVkg9TJDrL4 This has been a lovely way to pull up my hair!

Till age 29, I kept my hair between chin and shoulder length, and it took me about 45 min a day to blow dry and curl. Now I brush it, wash it, comb through it, dry my bangs, and go. Every now and then I will do a blow out on it....takes forever.....usually if dh and I have a date or we have something special where I want to look nicer for it. But 9 times outta 10, that's in the winter.....cause it's too hot to deal with in the summer! Ugh! And in the summer, I don't wear my hair down very often!!!
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2018, 03:00 AM
Mitakuye Oyasin!

Thanked 2,252 Times in 596 Posts

I am Lakota. I wear my hair long for various spiritual and heritage reasons. It is mostly straight. It is white with silver stands but, I can braid it in the back of my head in like 2 minutes. I am so used to wearing it, I really never give it much thought.

I think it is up to the individual to decide what is right for them. My Mother was also Lakota woman, she wore hers short because she was a nurse and on the fly a lot.

2med
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 2medicine woman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 06:36 AM
Prepared

Lightbulb Treating those Stubborn Greys

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma View Post
I do find the constant colouring those nasty roots to be a pain, though.
A relative who uses Revlonís Color Silk for her hair was told (and found to be mostly true) that putting the color on directly (before mixing the two chemicals together) appears to deal with stubborn greys (e.g., the sideburns/above the ear hair) better than the standard directions. She mixes the remainder of the color with the developer and treats the rest of her hair.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,496 Times in 1,239 Posts

Baby powder works fairly well as a dry shampoo. I also only shampoo my hair once a week, though yes, I take baths otherwise. My hair gets less frizzy during weather extremes.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:38 PM
Canning queen

Thanked 1,282 Times in 627 Posts

I've long hair, but I use a hair fork. Even if someone gets ahold of me, I've a pointy, 4 inch long, stainless weapon stored up in my hair. ;-) Here's where I got mine - mine's straight, tho. He can do them in any curvature, straight to very curved. https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheTwistedCalontiri
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catfeet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2019, 04:36 PM

I keep mine shoulder length, I guess if I had to I'd cut it if it's long term SHTF.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:42 AM
red shirt

Regarding the OP's question about changing hair styles in bad times:

There is a psychology as to why people change hair styles. The first article deals with short term issues and the second deals with long term.

https://qz.com/1002590/its-totally-n...eal-with-loss/

https://kval.com/news/local/even-if-...-here-to-do-it

If times get tough, I can sleep with a hat on to keep my pillow clean if my hair is dirty or wear a head scarf and sun glasses to look posh during the day if I should choose. No need to change my current style. But for the reasons in the above two articles it could happen.

Also in the past when times were lean women purchased makeup because they wanted to feel good about themselves. It is not just hair.

https://www.economist.com/business/2...22/lip-reading
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coaster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2019, 10:45 AM

My hair is butt-length, and I usually wear it up and out of the way during the day. It's a lot easier to deal with than when it was short and I had to worry about keeping it cut and styling it.

Think of all the things you could buy with the money currently being spent on hair salons!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PreppingGal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 04:49 AM

i like to keep my hair short. there is really no right or wrong.
i don't look less female just because of my shorter hair.
its more convenient having shorter hair