Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What did Mary know and when? 13ella Religious Discussion 35 04-03-2015 08:00 AM
Mary: Mother of God Firebird Religious Discussion 91 02-12-2014 05:52 PM
The last hail Mary!! patriot momma Financial Forum 20 04-15-2013 07:25 PM
Is it Project Bluebeam? The Virgin Mary appears April 20, 2011. Bayou Man Controversial News and Alternative Politics 39 08-03-2012 10:52 PM
Mary Our Mediatrix Firebird Religious Discussion 96 05-19-2012 08:01 PM
Favorord Mary 300mag Religious Discussion 77 06-18-2011 07:28 PM
Mary's story Wheelgunner Books, Movies & Stories 9 06-13-2011 08:18 AM
Oh Mary Lou... Dwind Military Weapons Forum 2 05-18-2011 10:13 AM
Knock in shambles after 'apparition' 300mag Religious Discussion 0 11-12-2009 10:53 AM

Old 04-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 55,407 Times in 19,116 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300mag View Post
As to the OP....I saw nothing but sunshine?

As to Mr Jacksons Vid....I owe you a kick in the butt, It actually got me,

I was thinking i would see some peaceful figure in a robe and all the sudden

............nearly dropped my coco pebbles
LOL. Gotta keep it interesting.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Survivor

Thanked 22,246 Times in 8,829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Melech View Post
you know MR, I want to mention something I've found pretty interesting considering the veneration Mary receives...

When you read in the gospels the chapters on the crucifixion and the resurrection, some of the verses read quite interestingly:

Matthew 28
1 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

The mother of Yah in the flesh is called "the other Mary" ? Isn't that a strange way of wording this? Talk about dismissal! Why would Mary Mag come before Mary, mother of Jesus?

How about this one?

Mark 16:1

1 When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus’ body.

We won't discuss the discrepancies of how many people actually went to the tomb, I wanted to bring up the point that its now "Mary the mother of James," nothing mentioned about her being the mother of Jesus...

Luke 24:10
10 It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the others with them who told this to the apostles.

Again, Mary, mother of James (we won't talk about how many people were present here, but I'll gander 5 or more)

John 20:1
1 Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance.

Here, Mary isn't mentioned at all, just Mary Magdalene who went to the tomb by herself. Would not Mary go to the tomb to her son's body and properly prepare him/Him?

I'll admit, I find this whole thing quite the curiosity. She's called "the other," she's called the mother of James, and then she isn't mentioned at all.

Why is she held in such high esteem, even when there isn't much written about her? Is it because many other religions had a Queen of Heaven so the church felt they needed one too, so *poof!*, they created one?

Maybe its just me, but I find it quite interesting.
Revelation 22:15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Vectorwoman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horned One View Post
I thought using the name Lucifer didn't come into use until after the Bible was written?

Also, wasn't the term Morning Star used to refer to Jesus as well?
The online Blue Letter Bible concordance only shows that phrase "Morning Star" in the Bible twice, in Revelation.

Revelation 2: 24But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

25But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

26And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

27And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

28And I will give him the morning star.

29He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Lucifer is only mentioned once.

Isaiah 14:12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Here is the link for the Blue Letter Bible. It has a concordance in which you can type in a word or phrase and it will find it.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

Here is a link to the online Bible that I use the most for reading.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...16&version=KJV
Old 04-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Prepared

i think it looks like a horse with a rider, at least for a second
Old 04-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,374 Times in 676 Posts

There are authentic Marian apparitions as well as deceptions of the demon, who attempts to ape all that God does.

The devil is capable of preternatural powers but the miraculous is, by definition, of God.

The Church's stamp of approval on an apparition is an exercise of its infallible protection by the Holy Spirit and the only surety of a true apparition.

Unholy seers, the tiniest bit of heretical content anywhere (the devil will speak 99% truth to sneak in 1% error), and (possibly most importantly) any disobedience of valid ecclesiastical authority are signs of fraud or of the demonic.

In general all Christians who are into sensationalistic apparition-chasing would be far better off by discounting all of it. (I'm speaking of a lot of Catholics these days.)
The Following User Says Thank You to A Catholic Thinker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,451 Times in 2,966 Posts

Let's assume that the glare in the sun was in-fact an apparition. Why assume it's Mary? Was it wearing a nametag? That thing could be any one of the millions of dead people that ever wore a robe.
The Following User Says Thank You to 13Fox150 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,374 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Fox150 View Post
Let's assume that the glare in the sun was in-fact an apparition. Why assume it's Mary? Was it wearing a nametag? That thing could be any one of the millions of dead people that ever wore a robe.
Indeed... or nothing at all.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:24 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 9,305 Times in 4,625 Posts

I didn't see anything but trees.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:31 PM
PPG flyer

Thanked 3,931 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivalguy72 View Post
I didn't see anything but trees.
You must have faith.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:50 PM
The King's Daughter

Thanked 1,825 Times in 660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorwoman View Post
Revelation 22:15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
did you ever look up what 'idolaters' means? I finally did that last yr. Here, per BlueLetterBible:
1) a worshipper of false gods, a idolater

a) used of any one even Christian, participant in any way in the worship of the heathen, esp. one who attends their sacrificial feasts and eats of the remains of offered victims
Wow, now that IS something you see every day.

Number 1 was a given, but #2 really opened my eyes...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bat Melech For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 09:55 PM
The King's Daughter

Thanked 1,825 Times in 660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neovenus View Post
wasn't it Mary Magdalene that He appeared to first? I would think that's why she is always mentioned and not as much emphasis on the other's.
you don't find it a curiosity how negligible and impersonal Mary seems in these accounts? I find it quite interesting. She didn't even go to the tomb of her child in one of the accounts. Which one is truth? I really don't know.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,089 Times in 2,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Melech View Post
you don't find it a curiosity how negligible and impersonal Mary seems in these accounts? I find it quite interesting. She didn't even go to the tomb of her child in one of the accounts. Which one is truth? I really don't know.
not particularly. once He rose she became the same as everyone else. a person in need of salvation.

I believe Mary Magdalene is mentioned each time, because she was the one who saw Him first.

Why some authors mentioned other people with her or not makes no difference to the truth of it all.

the truth is that he rose, it doesn't matter who was with Mary Magdalene.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:24 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Catholic Thinker View Post
[COLOR="Red"]There are authentic Marian apparitions as well as deceptions of the demon, who attempts to ape all that God does.
authentic? How does one decide the authenticity of an apparition?

Quote:
The devil is capable of preternatural powers but the miraculous is, by definition, of God.
really? So you are saying that the really miraculous apparitions are from God?

Matthew 24:24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Quote:
The Church's stamp of approval on an apparition is an exercise of its infallible protection by the Holy Spirit and the only surety of a true apparition.
Oh really? Or could the very elect be being deceived, thinking it is of the Holy Spirit when it is not.

If it isn't Biblical, I would not Give the Holy Spirit credit for it.

Quote:
Unholy seers, the tiniest bit of heretical content anywhere (the devil will speak 99% truth to sneak in 1% error), and (possibly most importantly) any disobedience of valid ecclesiastical authority are signs of fraud or of the demonic.
I rather stick to the authority of Jesus and His word and His word says nothing of Mary apparitions. There is nothing demonic in that.

Quote:
In general all Christians who are into sensationalistic apparition-chasing would be far better off by discounting all of it. (I'm speaking of a lot of Catholics these days.)
I warn to discount all of it also.

According to your previous statement though, people who do discount all of them are of fraud or of the demonic, because wouldn't they be being disobedient to valid ecclesiastical authority, by saying all of them are demonic when the ecclesiastical authority said they were authentic?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:41 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,636 Times in 1,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Wow ... I converted instantly.

Here's another one:

Watch the car closely ... Mary will appear:
YouTube - watch the car closely
Congrats friend...I won't tell you what emotions I felt as I watched that cos I don't want to spoil it for others.

It worked far more on me than you could ever imagine

As for these so called apparitions, I recall on big one hittting the news in the 60s or the 70s, porch light (in America) was reflecting off a bumper of a 55 Chev putting the image of the virgin mary on the wall...to be honest, a lot of imagination was required, I thought it looked like a sea horse

I recall a young girl in Perth (W.A.) sighting Mary. they had every type of person up there, praying to the ground and taking water from a new tap that was set up, coming from the spring near the apparition. The hawkers were a day or so away selling all sorts of Mary bric-a-brac.

Cirpplie the ill and infirmed there in the droves with beads dousing themselves in the new holy water.

Later it turned out the magical water wasn't from any spring, it was normal tap water. A plumber put the tap in for people to drink because in those days there was very little if any bottled water and old and sick people were there in the extreme heat...

I always thought of familiar spirits, signs and wonders...designed to track us off the path to Jesus./
The Following User Says Thank You to gondwana For This Useful Post: