Bullet Blocker - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is the 30-30 Winchester obsolete? kev Hunting and Trapping General Discussion 216 11-25-2018 07:57 PM
.22 versus .32? Zookini Pistol and Revolver Forum 52 11-27-2016 03:48 PM
Bullet Proof Material Testing NCSURocketScientist Firearms General Discussion 4 10-22-2016 09:42 AM
ARs and AKs USMC_1812 Military Weapons Forum 117 10-12-2016 02:17 PM
Bullet (Weight) Between The Eyes AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 10-02-2016 10:30 PM

Old 12-11-2016, 08:07 AM
Informational sponge

Advertise Here

Thanks everybody for the comments, if you look at my profile, you will see that this is my company. I started it 10 years ago & am the president. I am one of you, haha, that's the reason I started this company (as a survivalist).
I agree with most of the answers (they are correctly answered for the most part). If there are any other questions I can answer about the products or the company, please let me know.
If anyone of you members want to buy anything, let me know and I will hook you up with someone in sales and I will get you 25% off anything we make. [email protected] is my Bullet Blocker email. Thanks again.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Win1892 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2016, 08:27 AM
Informational sponge

A quick overview of the company;
I started it in 2007 by building bulletproof backpacks for my 2 school-aged kids (because of the Columbine shooting). The company officially is MJ Safety Solutions LLC in Massachusetts. The Bullet Blocker name was originally what we named the ballistic panel but it caught on and we used it as the DBA (because it is easier to remember for the customer). So, www.bulletblocker.com took over for the website and company brand.
We are a manufacturing company now in Lowell, MA and employ about 10 sewers / builders and manufacture in USA (proudly). Our main goal is to supply civilians with the same ballistic protection as law enforcement / military. As was stated, all of our products are tested at an outside testing facility and we have chosen (for now) to not worry about the compliance number (required only by law enforcement) but tested to the same standard. A lot of our business is building custom (1 of a kind) items at the customers request, we can bulletproof anything (just about, haha).
About 90% of our offering is made in the USA, we do retrofit some things but proudly make most, as you know, it is impossible to find US based manufacturers for some products we need.
I hope this gives you a snapshot of who we are & let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Joe
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Win1892 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Survivor

Thanked 18,681 Times in 8,171 Posts

Thanks for posting that, Joe. Your choice of styles in the clothing line looks pretty varied.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Hunter

be realistic of where a back pack sits on a kid, whilst it may save or not save a bullet from body entry at torso going to bloody useless to a shot to the head, or to the back of the head..

that is the reality you are selling a false sense of security..

if you want to make a bag insert fine, though I think you be better designing a bag that is ballistic certified rather than a cock and bull insert that may or may not work, same with a ballistic vest that doesn't stop a bullet, which would rate to the same crap the foreign news correspondents use which would give you a false sense of safety..

no matter the ideals that you start a company with if you are produce a product to stop something it is design to stop if it don't stop it it kills people plain and simple..
Old 12-11-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlineshooter View Post
be realistic of where a back pack sits on a kid, whilst it may save or not save a bullet from body entry at torso going to bloody useless to a shot to the head, or to the back of the head..

that is the reality you are selling a false sense of security..

if you want to make a bag insert fine, though I think you be better designing a bag that is ballistic certified rather than a cock and bull insert that may or may not work, same with a ballistic vest that doesn't stop a bullet, which would rate to the same crap the foreign news correspondents use which would give you a false sense of safety..

no matter the ideals that you start a company with if you are produce a product to stop something it is design to stop if it don't stop it it kills people plain and simple..

Are you high right now?

No one. Not one single person on here. Zero people are suggesting a bulletproof vest or insert will protect anyone from getting shot in the head.

Not one person is suggesting that an insert in a backpack will protect a child that is standing facing a shooter.

But consider this. Your child has their back pack on. The wear it properly as you have instructed them so that the insert covers most of their major organs (not their head). Your child is fleeing from the shooter down a hallway. Do you want them to have the insert? Or are you hoping that their math text book will save them?

Or this. The school is locked down. Your child is huddled under a desk with their friends in front of them they have their book bags piled up. Yeah I want my little girl to have more than a copy of "Charlottes Web" in her bag.

Does it save your child in every scenario? No. is it better than nothing and give them a tool to use and work with? Hell yeah.

Seriously if you think this is making money off of fear you need to sell all your guns and preps and go be a sheeple. A million things that you, me, or anyone else can't even imagine could happen to you that your training, practice, and preps can't save you from. Does that make the people who manufacture the items you are going to use fear mongers? Get your head right before you accuse someone of taking advantage of people, just because it's not for you doesn't mean someone else won't honestly need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Backpack-shooter For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Hunter

Default Bullet Blocker

I wish I was high,

Consider this when the bullets start flying the kids start running, look at the crap that goes into a kids school back pack before you comment ..

No matter what year your or my kids would be in the reality is there would 5-10 of books and material located within the backpack..

Yea you can teach the kids how to carry heavy loads correctly though from my own experience in hauling backpacks to and from school I will tell you this that bag will be hanging either on the shoulder blade below the base of the neck or slung over 1 shoulder I'm not making money off of fear I was merely pointing out the flaws in company's thought processes where they offer protection at a level to feed off of fear backpackshooter..

The safety rating on a product may lessen the impact of what ever is being fired though very seldom it will enter body..

I was also making the point that what solution they offer to the bank tellers in reality was is no different to what the Middle East news correspondence wear in terms of physically stopping the bullet penetration of your body..

As for the backpack idea I proposed in my last statement to be honest from a practicality point of view if I was going to do some form of backpack solution I would build from the ground up rather than develop something that fits within the confines of an existing backpack system..

I'm not say not to develop an insert to fit the brand name backpacks. Though reality if you want a safety backpack system for Christ sake develop 1 and don't play around with a toy store option as this will ultimately fail..

Then again the likely shooters are going to be aiming for the heads anyway bodyshots are pretty pointless if you're aiming to kill someone not maim them..

I'm also talking about the bullet protection industry as a whole..

I don't need a pistol or a rifle to kill a person I can do that with my bare hands if I so choose...

I honestly think the old thick telephone directories would likely offer better protection than a 1/2-1.5" steel or ceramic plate armour..

I also suspect you would likely need to migrate into Alice pack or similar system to promote adequate weight distribution to correctly support anytype of weight the armour plate creates to dissipate the weight onto the child's, teens or young adults back.. failure to do so creates bigger issues..

That would physically remove...

Sad to say there has been a lot of bigger issues of company's praying on the minds of parents though I look at it this way if you are seek protection I would suggest you buy something and run your own tests before you kit out your kids with the hype of protection because if it fails basic ballistics testing you will likely see your kids in a coffin and that is a fact..

No matter whether the shooting happens in a primary, Middle or high school setting ..

When you have the media cycling on the likes of columbine, sandy hooks, and similar events...

The above body armour is much like the military armour scam people were buying to ship to the kids in the Middle East only to find out it was later defective, and as I said before the vest the banks are now supplying their tellers and management are no different to the the crap that the new crews in the Middle East use with this knowledge is why the idiots die.. if or when they get shot...

I am no means of being a perfect human being either, everyone is different I'm not a prepper though I have learnt from family that lived through wars that taught me how to survive

So look at things logically when I speak sometimes what is said in words can be taken out of context than how it is written that is a factoid of life sadly some people have to go through a family tragedy before they learn anything...

Whether it is body armour, food or water, weapons or other things you learn hard and what works and what doesn't...

Sometimes it takes a few times for it sink into brain that you need to learn something hard and fast failure to do so causes many problems when in pre shtf, in the middle of shtf and post shtf, which may take 7 days, 7 weeks, several months or several years or more to recover from..
Old 12-11-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
though I think you be better designing a bag that is ballistic certified rather than a cock and bull insert that may or may not work, same with a ballistic vest that doesn't stop a bullet, which would rate to the same crap the foreign news correspondents use
"Designing a bag that is ballistic certified"

What, the bag? So, the whole bag is sewn out of ballistic fiber (which makes a rough, difficult to sew cloth) and then run through to certification?

If the footprint of the bag is the same as the footprint of the insert, what possible difference except a huge amount of effort and expense, would having a "ballistic rated bag" make? Have you ever worked with kevlar, aramid, or even a so called ballistic nylon? Bought any? Sewn or cut any? Ever? Ever even seen any?

"which would rate to the same crap the foreign news correspondents use"

Which is rated to what? Does the rating of those foreigner news folks body armor have a US NIJ equivalent? How do you know it does not stop bullets? Are you a former foreign news correspondent, who had a penetrating vest failure? Did you witness a vest failure? Do you have a link to some statistics, specifically vest failure rates of foreign news correspondents? Do you have a list of the manufacturers of these crap vests so that we can avoid them, or have they all been purchased by foreign news agencies so that they can send their people out to certain death in war zones?

Maybe you should stay in your lane.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ivel For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Hunter

they wear nothing with armor much like what the bank tellers wear...

i wouldn't compare what the military wears lol
Old 12-12-2016, 03:25 AM
Simple Goat Herder

Thanked 28,968 Times in 7,682 Posts

Quote:
they wear nothing with armor much like what the bank tellers wear...

i wouldn't compare what the military wears lol

Bank tellers don't wear body armor. Some of them stand behind Polycarbonate or Glass-Clad Polycarbonate panels. Are you saying war correspondents have sheets of Polycarbonate or Glass-Clad Polycarbonate in their vests? It certainly doesn't look like 2 inch panels in their plate carriers.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:30 AM
Will hunt for food!

Thanked 1,032 Times in 350 Posts

After reading this thread. I have two questions. Why no certification? If you are serious about the armor industry? Next, why the soft armor for the backpack insert? The deflection, no penetration but it's still going to deform a lot, for small child compared to a adult. I watched a couple of videos on your inserts, they can be easily found by search the web, that shows how these would effect a person. I am not saying you should use steel inserts. Just why the soft when a childs body wouldn't likely handle it. I believe this is what the above-mentioned post is about.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Informational sponge

Thanks Rockin, the quick answer is that all of our products are tested and certified by a private lab to the cert standard. The "Letter of Compliance" is issued only for soft body armor and is a number that law enforcement need to receive Federal vest money. The bullet-stopping test is the the same, the additional testing to receive that number is about labeling, tumbling, submersion etc. The BFD (back face defamation) & bullet penetration is the same standard. If my market was law enforcement I would go for the number (expensive), but it's not, I started this company to allow civilians to have the same protection as LEOs. The 3a panel weighs 20oz and a plate is 5lbs, that's why the kids bags are 3a. We have made level 3 bags for a customer, no problem. Thanks again for the intelligent questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Win1892 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Will hunt for food!

I understand the difference in weight. There is soft 3A and hard 3A, that is what I was getting at. If you make the hard 3A I did not see it. The biggest problem is most people are ignorant on the subject and have never even "had" to wear it day in and day out. They only know what other people have told them or what they saw on TV.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockin90 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2016, 01:40 PM
I was young 50 years ago

Thanked 33,806 Times in 12,695 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 1

I would suggest a stop to the 'headshot' trolling this thread and let it get back on topic....

Read the rules. Follow the rules. Be nice to each other.
Post in the proper section. Stay on topic. Post useful accurate info.
Send me all your unsigned, not cashed in, winning lottery tickets
The Following User Says Thank You to jfountain2 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2016, 02:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,246 Posts

That deformation sounds pretty good to me. I think anything under 2 inches is good and some cheaper stuff is double that.

What about shelf life? Many departments replace soft armor on a time basis, does armor degrade and how long does it take? Or does it wear out from flexing and stashed in a closet its OK?
The Following User Says Thank You to dmas For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Will hunt for food!

Shelf life is kind of a misnomer. Some fabrics are abrasive and the more they move the more they grind and wear out. The same armor not being worn placed on a shelf would have indefinite life till the usage begins. Win1982 might be able to give some time lines of different fabrics.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockin90 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,000 Posts

To me an insert into a pack that can be transferred to new backpacks is a great idea. Kids upgrade backpacks as business people upgrade their phones! New one every year to two. Now if the kid curls into a ball and hides and blocks their torso/head it could save a life.

I have seen a few videos of guys dancing around a tree or car trying not to get shot. Have a ballistic panel in your briefcase/man bag could mean life and death. Even if it just slows a bullet down it would be much preferred over full force.

I will be looking into this product more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Offrink For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Knowledge is Power

Thanked 8,913 Times in 2,889 Posts

Quote:
I wish I was high,

Consider this when the bullets start flying the kids start running, look at the crap that goes into a kids school back pack before you comment ..

No matter what year your or my kids would be in the reality is there would 5-10 of books and material located within the backpack..

Yea you can teach the kids how to carry heavy loads correctly though from my own experience in hauling backpacks to and from school I will tell you this that bag will be hanging either on the shoulder blade below the base of the neck or slung over 1 shoulder I'm not making money off of fear I was merely pointing out the flaws in company's thought processes where they offer protection at a level to feed off of fear backpackshooter..

The safety rating on a product may lessen the impact of what ever is being fired though very seldom it will enter body..

I was also making the point that what solution they offer to the bank tellers in reality was is no different to what the Middle East news correspondence wear in terms of physically stopping the bullet penetration of your body..

As for the backpack idea I proposed in my last statement to be honest from a practicality point of view if I was going to do some form of backpack solution I would build from the ground up rather than develop something that fits within the confines of an existing backpack system..

I'm not say not to develop an insert to fit the brand name backpacks. Though reality if you want a safety backpack system for Christ sake develop 1 and don't play around with a toy store option as this will ultimately fail..

Then again the likely shooters are going to be aiming for the heads anyway bodyshots are pretty pointless if you're aiming to kill someone not maim them..

I'm also talking about the bullet protection industry as a whole..

I don't need a pistol or a rifle to kill a person I can do that with my bare hands if I so choose...

I honestly think the old thick telephone directories would likely offer better protection than a 1/2-1.5" steel or ceramic plate armour..

I also suspect you would likely need to migrate into Alice pack or similar system to promote adequate weight distribution to correctly support anytype of weight the armour plate creates to dissipate the weight onto the child's, teens or young adults back.. failure to do so creates bigger issues..

That would physically remove...

Sad to say there has been a lot of bigger issues of company's praying on the minds of parents though I look at it this way if you are seek protection I would suggest you buy something and run your own tests before you kit out your kids with the hype of protection because if it fails basic ballistics testing you will likely see your kids in a coffin and that is a fact..

No matter whether the shooting happens in a primary, Middle or high school setting ..

When you have the media cycling on the likes of columbine, sandy hooks, and similar events...

The above body armour is much like the military armour scam people were buying to ship to the kids in the Middle East only to find out it was later defective, and as I said before the vest the banks are now supplying their tellers and management are no different to the the crap that the new crews in the Middle East use with this knowledge is why the idiots die.. if or when they get shot...

I am no means of being a perfect human being either, everyone is different I'm not a prepper though I have learnt from family that lived through wars that taught me how to survive

So look at things logically when I speak sometimes what is said in words can be taken out of context than how it is written that is a factoid of life sadly some people have to go through a family tragedy before they learn anything...

Whether it is body armour, food or water, weapons or other things you learn hard and what works and what doesn't...

Sometimes it takes a few times for it sink into brain that you need to learn something hard and fast failure to do so causes many problems when in pre shtf, in the middle of shtf and post shtf, which may take 7 days, 7 weeks, several months or several years or more to recover from..
Lol did you just say a phone book provides better protection than modern body armor? Jeeze everything you now say is irrelevant because of that comment.

Semper Fi
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to usmc0341 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Hunter

Default Bullet Blocker

Lol no I didn't modern plate armour was defective I was talking stuff targeted at the sheeple in the consumer market vs the stuff that is targeted at the military is vastly different

If you placing a metal plate vs soft insert then soft insert vs thick phonebook,

The outcome again from a pistol round would be plate/book/ civilian vest full of go knows what..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2016, 07:13 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,000 Posts

I'm sure a 5" thick concrete block would work too but I'm not carrying that around.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:52 AM
Informational sponge

The "expiration date" in the industry is 5 years for all armor. The reason for that is arbitrary. The way it's looked at in the industry is if a cop is wearing it everyday and spilling coffee & jelly doughnuts on it, leaving it in the heat / freezing in a trunk, sweating 8 hours a day, etc the usefulness "may" be compromised. In reality, if you take care of it it will last virtually a lifetime. I have field tested (shot) armor that was 50 years old and it work fine. I wont guarantee my stuff past 5 years because I don't know how you take care of it, but am comfortable saying if you store your stuff in a bugout bag or closet, your fine (don't tell my lawyer or salesmen I am saying this, hahah).
The hard 3a is out there on the market, good stuff, I just don't manufacture that. Our product line is based on weight & flexibility (cloths, vests, bags & backpacks etc). There are many companies that offer steel plates (thin so not too heavy).
We do sell a lot to lawyers & I love that video of the lawyer doing the tree dance.
Yes 5" concrete block is a great stopper, haha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Win1892 For This Useful Post: