Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iran military deemed a terrorist organization WilliamAshley Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 54 05-15-2019 05:33 AM
President Trump takes action today on Iran Ghost863 Political News and Discussion 42 04-09-2019 03:20 PM
Iran Sanctions May Force The USA To Leave the UN? Pompeo ends the Treaty of Amity! sarco2000 Political News and Discussion 20 10-05-2018 11:29 PM
Would you support a US military attack on Iran? ACME_MAN Polls and Surveys 263 06-06-2018 09:11 PM
Opinion: Iran and the Korean Peace Agreement AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 3 05-01-2018 10:15 PM

Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM
Frostbiter

Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,974 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog67 View Post
Will China and Russia sit back and allow the US to invade Iran? I think not. Attacking Iran may well be the start of the next world war.
I heard that same stuff when we invaded Grenada, Desert Storm was going to be the next Vietnam. People are always preparing to fight the last couple of wars. It's a mindset that has caused more problems trying to avoid "big" wars instead of standing fast & backing up your warnings. How many times did barry draw a "line in the sand" that got crossed over & over with little to no consequences for the transgressors? At least with bush 41 getting, as Margret Thatcher put it "Wobbly in the knees" he still manned up & kicked hussein out of Kuwait. Had the invasion of Kuwait been allowed to stand, hussein would've felt like he had a free pass to invade Saudi Arabia, Syria, maybe even Jordan & who knows where else. Bullies need their ****'s knocked in the dirt early & hard or they just get more emboldened.

Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuckleberry For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,113 Times in 2,062 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckleberry View Post
I heard that same stuff when we invaded Grenada, Desert Storm was going to be the next Vietnam. People are always preparing to fight the last couple of wars. It's a mindset that has caused more problems trying to avoid "big" wars instead of standing fast & backing up your warnings. How many times did barry draw a "line in the sand" that got crossed over & over with little to no consequences for the transgressors? At least with bush 41 getting, as Margret Thatcher put it "Wobbly in the knees" he still manned up & kicked hussein out of Kuwait. Had the invasion of Kuwait been allowed to stand, hussein would've felt like he had a free pass to invade Saudi Arabia, Syria, maybe even Jordan & who knows where else. Bullies need their ****'s knocked in the dirt early & hard or they just get more emboldened.

Grenada has no oil, so the world doesn't care. Iraq isn't far away from being a Vietnam, how many years have we been there? How many US soldiers killed? How many billions, if not trillions of dollars wasted.

The United States would be far stronger if we minded our own business and spent all that money wasted oversees on our own infrastructure and security.
Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM
Frostbiter

Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,974 Posts

Quote:
Grenada has no oil, so the world doesn't care. Iraq isn't far away from being a Vietnam, how many years have we been there? How many US soldiers killed? How many billions, if not trillions of dollars wasted.

The United States would be far stronger if we minded our own business and spent all that money wasted oversees on our own infrastructure and security.
Funny how after the fact people can say why what they predicted to happen wouldn't/couldn't happen. We were done with Kuwait by March of '91. We don't need anyone's oil, we've got enough just between my state & TX to keep the U.S. neck deep in oil for many, many decades. We've also never "taken" oil like you people always claim. We have bought oil from those countries after they re-stabilize, just as we did before the fighting. In '03 we went back into Iraq & were done in ~6 months, THEN the "nation building" started. That's where the getting bogged down starts. Even at that by 2008 Iraq was stabilized, barry made sure to de-stabilize it though. Every soldier death over there easily saves 100 lives here. When I joined the army, just as my son who is over there now knows, we joined to fight. We put our name on a blank check up to and including our life. So whining about soldiers protecting our freedoms & safety from those barbarians & their stone age death cult is ridiculous. The only real problem is they keep letting the barbarians come here by the 1K's each year. They don't have to invade by force we are inviting the vipers into our home. It used to be that the more we killed over there, the less we had to worry about sneaking in here to do damage. Now it's the more we kill over there, the less there will be to invite in.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuckleberry For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM
Let the Debate begin

Thanked 8,405 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:

The only reason we wasted so much money on Iraq was that Obama pulled us out, only to have to fight to take it back from ISIS.

ISIS was armed by the incompetence of Obama.

Once we pull back from the Middle East, - that will be when China and Russia
takes over.

Once China and Russia takes over, that will be when the Dollar collapses.

If that's the country you want, why not go to Argentina, and leave the rest of
us alone?

Or, you can let President Trump treat China and Russia how they deserve, so
we can continue to have the greatest economy in the world.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Truck Vet For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM
Inglorious Deplorable

Thanked 33,029 Times in 13,100 Posts

Quote:

It is not always about oil moron.

Time to repeal the 17th.
Old Today, 01:59 AM
Survivor

Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,020 Posts

There never was a "we." As one docu puts it, it's been "a rich man's trick" from the start.
The Following User Says Thank You to ralfy For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 06:04 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,065 Times in 4,120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Vet View Post
The only reason we wasted so much money on Iraq was that Obama pulled us out, only to have to fight to take it back from ISIS.

ISIS was armed by the incompetence of Obama.

Once we pull back from the Middle East, - that will be when China and Russia
takes over.

Once China and Russia takes over, that will be when the Dollar collapses.

If that's the country you want, why not go to Argentina, and leave the rest of
us alone?

Or, you can let President Trump treat China and Russia how they deserve, so
we can continue to have the greatest economy in the world.
Russia and China will proxy-war us to the death. They are cunning and sly. We pull up stakes somewhere, they slide right into that void. We are damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Traitors like Hillary and Kerry would have sold us down the river in a heartbeat if she were elected in 2016.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 06:58 AM
Let the Debate begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post
Russia and China will proxy-war us to the death. They are cunning and sly. We pull up stakes somewhere, they slide right into that void. We are damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Traitors like Hillary and Kerry would have sold us down the river in a heartbeat if she were elected in 2016.
Russia's economy is lousy. China's is dependent on the US. Europe was
never stupid enough to let China take over the way Bush and Obama let
them take advantage of us.

Trump is doing a great Job fighting China on many different Levels.

Russia and Iran are allies, and when our Planes killed Russians in Syria
Trump showed them he can't be bullied like Obama could.
The Following User Says Thank You to Truck Vet For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 12:35 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,448 Times in 2,588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat daddy View Post
I would rather fight them in the middle east rather than here. obama brought them here so we may not have a choice. I remember the gulf war. My gut feeling is that Iran has developed nukes or purchased them from North Korea or another ally. Some could even have been smuggled in to our country. The cost in lives could be high. If we have to go to war, I think we could save thousands of lives by dong the first strike.
I never understood that logic of fighting them there as opposed to here. The more we fight them there the more they view it as American imperialism on their land. That helps their recruitment efforts and fuels their suicidal desire to hit the homeland. However, Iran does not operate like that for most part.

They finance Sunni organizations like Hamas when they have common causes, but organizations like hezbollah are more directly in line with how Iran likes to structure their tentacles as opposed to the osama bin laden model. Not saying that they are above that because they will resort to using al Queda style tactics, but they prefer to be more paramilitary in the use of their expansion resources.

Imo that makes them more dangerous. Suicide bombers eventually realize they are just being used for someone’s else political fight. Paramilitary units embed themselves in the current military, political, and societal fabric of the host country i.e. Syria and Yemen. Iran will continue to grow in sophistication with the help of China and possibly Russia.

So I have no problem deteriorating their capability if done efficiently with no idealistic goals of trying to nation build or “spread democracy”. It’s just a back the **** up mission. That’s it...keep them in their lane. You cross the line. You get dealt with. Sadly., I don’t see that type of mojo going anytime soon.
Old Today, 02:30 PM
Golfer

Thanked 1,950 Times in 1,158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Vet View Post
The only reason we wasted so much money on Iraq was that Obama pulled us out...
I think blaming Obama for Iraq is a bit much. Ever hear of George W Bush and **** Cheney and the so called WMDs?
The Following User Says Thank You to puttster For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 02:33 PM
Golfer

Thanked 1,950 Times in 1,158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage39k View Post
I never understood that logic of fighting them there as opposed to here. The more we fight them there the more they view it as American imperialism on their land. That helps their recruitment efforts and fuels their suicidal desire to hit the homeland.
Japan, the 2nd or 3rd economy in the world is not hated by the arabs. They are infidels and rich like us, they buy oil and sell electronics just like us. What are we doing wrong?
The Following User Says Thank You to puttster For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 03:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 18,791 Times in 6,099 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage39k View Post
I never understood that logic of fighting them there as opposed to here. The more we fight them there the more they view it as American imperialism on their land.....

....So I have no problem deteriorating their capability if done efficiently with no idealistic goals of trying to nation build or “spread democracy”. It’s just a back the **** up mission. That’s it...keep them in their lane. You cross the line. You get dealt with. Sadly., I don’t see that type of mojo going anytime soon.
And all of that is exactly the stupidity on which the BS police actions are based.

It doesn’t work.

You want to NOT be seen as imperialistic? Kick their ass, take their surrender, round up all the criminals you can, get them started and walk away. You can’t “deteriorate capability”, when your presence fuels resentment.

We stayed in Japan and Germany for decades after bombing them into submission and killing as many soldiers as we could...they don’t think we are imperialistic. But we also had common enemies and spent a pile of money helping them rebuild.

Are we helping Iraq rebuild? Not much. Because we never finished the freaking war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttster View Post
I think blaming Obama for Iraq is a bit much. Ever hear of George W Bush and **** Cheney and the so called WMDs?
So you trust the media about the WMD thing? They are lying. There was stuff there, and he used it...we have proof in many forms, but thanks to the same traitorous media, Hussein knew exactly when to pack it up and move it, so we don’t have the actual items.

But you just keep believing the prestitute media.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 03:16 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Japan, the 2nd or 3rd economy in the world is not hated by the arabs. They are infidels and rich like us, they buy oil and sell electronics just like us. What are we doing wrong?
They aren't trying to indoctrinate their women to western culture. They compartmentalize. Keep it strictly business.
Old Today, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Because Japan and her culture isn't blasted around the planet.

The USA's culture and how we live our lives is seemingly everywhere. For better or worse, the good and bad of US life is shown and heard as entertainment around the world.

I was surprised the first time I lived overseas and saw just how much US programming is shown. Translated for the local population but nevertheless it is ever present.

Music also, just go to a local nightclub. Sure there is local music present but often the majority is music of US origin. Everybody dancing and having a good time while slowly learning English.

We're one of the only countries I know of that has our way of life so openly exposed. Thus it is very easy for others to criticize and outright hate us.

When you want to point out what your culture or religion finds terrible or awful, it's extremely easy to look at the good Ol' USA.

Anyways, I can't recall seeing a Japanese Al Bundy scratch his junk after a long day at work selling shoes. That alone should tell you something.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cornly2 For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 03:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 35,492 Times in 10,742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
And all of that is exactly the stupidity on which the BS police actions are based.

It doesnít work.

You want to NOT be seen as imperialistic? Kick their ass, take their surrender, round up all the criminals you can, get them started and walk away. You canít ďdeteriorate capabilityĒ, when your presence fuels resentment.

We stayed in Japan and Germany for decades after bombing them into submission and killing as many soldiers as we could...they donít think we are imperialistic. But we also had common enemies and spent a pile of money helping them rebuild.

Are we helping Iraq rebuild? Not much. Because we never finished the freaking war.

So you trust the media about the WMD thing? They are lying. There was stuff there, and he used it...we have proof in many forms, but thanks to the same traitorous media, Hussein knew exactly when to pack it up and move it, so we donít have the actual items.

But you just keep believing the prestitute media.

If it be war then let it BE WAR!
We need to stop *****footing around with places and either let the burocrats fight it out with sanctions, embargos, etc. Or. Let slip the dogs of war. Smash them into complete surrender then let them foot the bill. No reconstruction, nation building, or hearts-N-Minds bull****.
Old Today, 03:28 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post

It doesn’t work.

You want to NOT be seen as imperialistic? Kick their ass, take their surrender, round up all the criminals you can, get them started and walk away. You can’t “deteriorate capability”, when your presence fuels resentment.

No, I don't really care how they see us in a war fighting tactical sense. I am saying they view it that way and fuels recruitment and resentment. The importance of analysis on how much weight should be put on that would be necessary based on a cost benefit study. When I say "deteriorate capability" I am talking about the Iranians, not the Sunni groups that traditionally have more of history of sending terrorists to western nations for suicide attacks. You don't use the same tool for every job you have to do.

We stayed in Japan and Germany for decades after bombing them into submission and killing as many soldiers as we could...they don’t think we are imperialistic. But we also had common enemies and spent a pile of money helping them rebuild.

So you think if we conquer one ME country at a time we will eventually get the Eiffel tower in Baghdad.

Iraq???? that my friend belongs to the Iranians. Not sure of the Americans are aware of that or not yet. We essentially conquered it for them. Which in turns makes the argument for nation building huh....Again cost benefit analysis. Conclusion: Nation building is too unpredictable. Targeting Iranian infrastructure trying to maneuver and embed themselves in Iraq? Much more clear....
See in red. In conclusion, I think the Iranians are force that needs to be dealt with. I understand we won't be able to invade to occupy, but we need to start deteriorating their capability in a more aggressive way IMO.
Old Today, 04:47 PM
Let the Debate begin

Quote:
We were maintaining a no fly zone for years before that and Saddam was
shooting at our planes while declaring Jihad against us. So what?

Obama Armed ISIS with our equipment just like he gave rifles to the Cartels.

His incompetence is legendary, even worse than Rumsfield's.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truck Vet For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 04:53 PM
Let the Debate begin

Quote:
We defeated Japan, and decided to defend them.

Japan for the most part, has a very restrictive immigration system.
If you don't look like they do and speak like they do, you probably won't
become a Japanese citizen unless your willing to do many things to earn it.

Arabs, want nothing to do with living in Japan, and vice versa for the most part.

That's what we did wrong.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Truck Vet For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 05:37 PM
Survivor

Thanked 26,134 Times in 4,251 Posts

Quote:

The U.S. would be far stronger if it minded it's own business and demanded the rest of the world support itself.

That means ending the U.S. protection of all other nations, ended all forms of foreign aid, ended all lopsided trade agreements, ended involvement in all forms of global organizations (UN, WTC, World Bank, etc), ended all immigration except for absolutely critical persons who are financially able to support themselves in the private sector and allowed the rest of the world to kill, starve and subjugate themselves into left wing extinction without any obligation to the U.S. citizen taxpayer.

As for infrastructure, the U.S. citizen taxpayer pays too much right now for horrible bridges, roads, etc. The government can lay off a few million fat, useless government employees and apply the savings to doing the things they stole money from us to do already.