Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
God's purpose for cats. Basic Human Unit Religious Discussion 16 01-27-2019 03:36 PM
World Leaders - In God's Eyes ActionJackson Religious Discussion 23 04-10-2018 02:55 PM
Other Gods PeterEnergy Religious Discussion 54 03-23-2018 10:10 AM
Dismayed at Lack of Proof of God's Existence PeterEnergy Religious Discussion 329 11-03-2017 10:08 PM
Is the Bible God's Word or not pinkerpv Religious Discussion 59 06-20-2017 10:54 AM

Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM
Deplorable Me

Thanked 26,055 Times in 8,988 Posts

Advertise Here

When one thinks about it, there is no alternative to trusting in God's provisions. I'm reminded of Peter's response to Jesus most difficult teaching of cannibalism that turned away even many disciples.

Jesus then asked his twelve disciples if they were going to leave him. Simon Peter answered, “Lord, there is no one else that we can go to! Your words give eternal life. We have faith in you, and we are sure that you are God’s Holy One.”
John 6:67-69 (CEV)
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
GrowingFromScratch.com

Thanked 3,328 Times in 1,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepal View Post
Meanwhile, back to the farm while all this BICKERING is going on. I'm suprised you even saw the post, given the glut of these ongoing attacks .

Let me see if I've got this right...The 10 acres is about 1 mile from the dwelling, correct? Also correct, both properties are free & clear of any mortgage. Next up, you sell the house you're currently living in and that will afford you/the wife an income for a time. Meanwhile, you'll do...what? You invest time learning about (whatever) and buy the animals?
As I see it, you say "God doesn't answer my prayers..." BUT I think He has. He's provided the land, now YOU just have to figure out what to do with it, right?
Here's one solution...First, take a LEAP OF FAITH. Believe me, I know what it feels like to JUMP without looking when I've been shown the way. That's where the TRUST comes into play. Remember..."The only thing you have to fear, is fear itself."
So said, this was NOT me at one time. In essense, I lived in fear and it's a horrible way to be. It started when a kitten frightened me (lol) and continued on throughout my life, until God took over and made me see the light. What's the worst that can happen? Death? Yeah, I feared that too. I haven't for a very long time, about 45 years ago now, I'm 67. I took a leap of faith and trusted in God. That's not to say I don't have remind myself from time to time, lol, but I trust God to guide me in whether or not my fears are real or only imagined.
With that said, I imagine you're feeling a bit fearful via the "what if's" in your life. What if it doesn't work out? What if I make mistake? What if's will get you no where. Life's short, shorter than you might think.

My folks bought 15 acres in Kansas, rectangular in shape. It had a 1 bdm house, 5 of us lived there. I thought at first, they were crazy, lol. Point being, it doesn't take much to raise chickens or pigs, nor bee's. Less than you might imagine. Granted, it takes work, but with proper planning (getting your ducks all in a row ) it CAN be done...if you and your wife REALLY want it. Leave the rest in God's hands.

Could you build passageways between the dwelling that would afford more room and use the current septic system for the bathroom/kitchen? Is that possible? How much land is with the dwellings? Maybe you/wife will plan for a new home on the 10 acres? This way, you can maybe leave the livestock with the dwellings and the dwellings can serve as housing for the same? It's a thought .
The ten acres is ours. It actually adjoins another 30 that he parceled out to his other kids. Essentially I have access all of it for the time being. It's all woodlands. The lake plot is mortgage free. But there is a potential lien against it for another couple of years due to it being gifted to us.

Yes, God has most certainly provided me with some resources in this situation. My concern though is could they just be a tantalizing distraction? My reservations are tied to that leap of faith aspect. I've taken a leap before, and it didn't really work out. But again, as I mentioned earlier... it's not that I don't trust in His provision. I don't trust my understanding of what that means.

It could be that, while these resources are enticing, it's not His plan for me. As I mentioned before, there is a thin line between trusting and testing God. I don't believe that we can be anything we want, achieve anything we wish apart from His will for us just because we have faith.

I appreciate your vote of confidence and encouragement though

Regardless, I am moving..... ever so slowly in that direction. Dreams of small scale farming and a relocation are two separate "leaps" that I'm considering for different motivations. However, they may overlap depending on some other decisions. I want to relocate to the country regardless. It may or may not involve this lake property. Whether small scale farming is part of that not is another matter. I may just move to the country and find the next unfulfilling job God has planned for me. At least my family would be out of the city and the dangers it presents.
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM
VIP Member

When God doesn't answer my prayers in the immediate, I have questioned my reasons as to whether or not I was doing the "right" thing, making the "right" move, to the extent I REALLY feared I was making a HUGE mistake. This is when I've traveled in RV's (I've owned 4 I think if memory serves correct, lol), due to lack of employment and funds that forced the move. It came to past, God was WITH me , literally and I knew it to be true.
Allow me to explain. Each and everytime, there were clear skies to be seen...until God made His presence known, then a sudden cloud would appear in a singular form. In one case, it was overhead at a gas station/small cafe. People looked at me like, "Where did THAT come from" lol. It cleared up as soon as I recognize the problem, the RV wouldn't start. Now this was under a canopy when this happened. God, in His infinite wisdon provided me with shelter AND a nearby mechanic (lol) that banged on the starter to get it going, across the street to his shop. Now we all know that mechanics are high priced. This mechanic planned to keep my RV tied up for days. I couldn't afford this to happen, then I prayed. Near to being broke, I also prayed it wouldn't cost much. The mechanic suddenly decided to fix it & charged $75, a price that's unheard of for RV's .
Another time, I was lost, heading the wrong way. Clear skies again, the cloud popped out again. I came to recognize these clouds as God telling me something was wrong. Yep, there have been many more clouds since and I thank God for them .
I believe that God speaks to us in many different ways, through dreams, through warnings, etc., even through clouds, but WE have to pay attention to the signals or signs. I've always felt God answers in some form. Why wouldn't He? He's spoken to others from the past, in the bible I mean. Why is it so hard to believe He speaks to us today? Point being, the answer might NOT be in the way you'll think God answers.
The Following User Says Thank You to eyepal For This Useful Post: