Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Doom Break: Any cigar smokers out there? GoodPrepper General Discussion 29 05-20-2019 07:25 PM
Scanner for Police & Emergency Services NHCraigT Communications 8 05-02-2019 07:40 PM
Money/Wealth & Prepping wattda Financial Forum 26 11-07-2018 11:50 AM
Never know just who you're communicating with online allye General Discussion 4 08-25-2018 03:43 PM
Which and how many tools should you have? pengyou DIY - Do It Yourself 22 04-15-2018 07:42 PM

Old 05-08-2019, 07:11 AM

Default Online Tools, Services you would like to have

Advertise Here

Hello,

I am a web developer. I would like to develop any services you guys like to see online.

I am looking for ideas. I can develop them and upload to my website so all of us can use them freely.

For example I am working on an Editable & Printable Check lists creation. I will create a Check List for packing a Bug Out Bag.
You will be able to modify it as you want and save online on your account. Take a printout if you want or use it online.
This is something I wanted and I want to make it available for others as well. Please share your ideas also on this so I can improve it.

I will post a link once it is complete.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick_ca For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2019, 09:21 PM
أنا لست إرهابيا

Thanked 79,949 Times in 31,946 Posts

Old 05-09-2019, 11:02 PM
www.jerrydyoung.com

Thanked 61,977 Times in 8,875 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

1) Pocket books and pocket cards.

A method to add information to a form, that when printed out can be cut into individual cards or folded into a booklet. Or cut and folded for more pages.

Printing 16 pages of information on each side of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, when cut in the center correctly, can be folded into a sixteen page booklet, then opened up and refolded to see the other 16 pages. Add a Fresnel lens to make reading easier.

Or, the print could be larger and easier to read, just with less information.

2) Overlay sheets to use with topo maps.

3) A form for different types of lists, without information, but with things set up so everything formats properly when various kinds of data is added. An example would be an outline form already formatted so the minimal amount of space is wasted in the indent steps.

4) A risk analysis worksheet for preppers to help determine their best use of time and money in adding preps.

5) A set of calculators and converters of use to preppers all in one place. Downloadable or convertible to Excel spreadsheet for off-line use.

6) Coded communications forms and blanks to allow the creation of individualized ciphers for preppers to use to communicate with others of their group(s) that would allow very short communications that still convey large amounts of information. Primarily a list of words and phrases with blanks that can be filled in with a generated set of other words, numbers, symbols, or combinations. That way a full sentence, such as: "Meet up at Coordinates Alpha 28 by Zulu 19" could be: "n# (for meet up) $9 (for Alpha) s3 (for 28) wa (for Zulu) 73 (for 19) or "n#$9s3wa73"

By using an agreed upon format to generate the code for a given day, the codes could be different every day and be nearly undecipherable.

7) A set of forms useful to preppers all in one place. From range cards to companion planting lists to moon phases to radiation shielding levels to just about anything and everything a prepper can use to make life easier, cheaper, more productive, and safer.

Just a few off the top of my head. If you want more, let me know.

Just my opinion.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D Young View Post
1) Pocket books and pocket cards.

Dear Jerry,

Thank for your valuable input.

As I had mentioned I will be able to create only online tings which people an use online or download for later use.

So 'Fresnel lens' is NOT something I can not do.

Also I'm not sure about following, may be I didn't understand it properly.

Other points are very interesting and I'm willing to develop them online.

Can you please describe with details about how you would like to have it for your own use.

Also please share more ideas if you have.

Thanks a lot,
Nic
Old 05-10-2019, 04:54 PM
Looks like rain to me.

Thanked 43,680 Times in 25,907 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 

Welcome to the forum.

"Be never first, never last and never noticed. Stay safe."

The Grey Man
Old 05-10-2019, 09:41 PM
www.jerrydyoung.com

Thanked 61,977 Times in 8,875 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_ca View Post
Dear Jerry,

Thank for your valuable input.

As I had mentioned I will be able to create only online tings which people an use online or download for later use.

So 'Fresnel lens' is NOT something I can not do.

Also I'm not sure about following, may be I didn't understand it properly.

Other points are very interesting and I'm willing to develop them online.

Can you please describe with details about how you would like to have it for your own use.

Also please share more ideas if you have.

Thanks a lot,
Nic
Thank you, Nic.

I did not mean for you to provide the Fresnel lens. Just that by the user, adding one to the booklet after printing would make it easier to read if it was one with fine print. The ones with larger print would not need one. I carry two anyway. One in my wallet and one in my shirt pocket with my notebook. For reading and for fire starting.

The overlay sheets for topo maps would be some form of grid, along with a set of alignment marks. The alignment marks can be used to line up with something on the appropriate map, or additional marks can be added to the overlays by the user.

It would be the layout design that would then be printed onto clear sheets designed for the purpose. Several different sets of grids and designs for different applications, as well as having more than one option so anyone that might get their hands on them would have no idea which overlay went with which map.

It would be very difficult to fully explain some of the ideas here on the forum. Some need illustrations and others would be about subjects that cannot be discussed here.

If you are willing, PM me and I will give you my e-mail address so you can contact me directly if you wish. That way I can send drawings and such directly to you.

Just my opinion.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:00 AM
Target Shooter

Do you only want ideas for prepping- or survival-related use?

What I could really use has a more general use.

Any time I search online for information about ANYTHING, I either get a 2-or-3-sentence definition, or I get 37-pages that are so technical that I could never understand.

What I'd like to see is something I call "One Page Answers".

In just one page, someone who already understands a topic should be able to give enough of an explanation for the average person to grasp the concept.

Of course, there would have to be strict guidelines to keep the article to just one page -- for example the computer should be set to:
  • 8 1/2 X 11 inch paper
  • 1-inch borders
  • Single spaced
  • No indented paragraphs
  • 6-point space after paragraphs
  • ONLY 12-point Times New Roman font
  • Written at an 8th-grade reading level
The author's credentials could be limited to 1/4 of a second page. There are several members here who could give a "One Page Answer" to most prepper-related topics, (Jerry D. Young could write dozens!)

Does this sound doable?
The Following User Says Thank You to JayAreBee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2019, 08:11 AM
Survivor

Thanked 28,564 Times in 4,402 Posts

welcome the forum
Old 05-11-2019, 08:38 AM
NRA Life 1971

Thanked 10,838 Times in 4,984 Posts

Welcome...
Old 05-14-2019, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAreBee View Post
Do you only want ideas for prepping- or survival-related use?

Does this sound doable?
It is doable, thanks for the input.

Please let me know any other ideas you have related to any field, I'm looking to do things on my spare time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nick_ca For This Useful Post: