My opinion - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinion on first gun(s) Bill Bear Firearms General Discussion 45 03-18-2015 09:53 AM
Next gun opinion jgonz Firearms General Discussion 19 02-22-2015 02:41 AM
What is your opinion on this first aid kit HELPFUL SOULS Health, Fitness and First Aid 16 12-31-2014 09:01 PM
Need a Mom's Opinion MrsPintSize Ladies Section 28 07-31-2013 01:16 AM
Which is more useful in your opinion? 1stcavmp77 Knives, Swords & Axes 9 04-01-2013 01:19 PM
Just my opinion tobkis Recipes 9 12-06-2012 12:24 AM
what is your opinion? InsaneDOM Firearms General Discussion 7 09-29-2011 03:58 PM
Need opinion.... fishnfella Knives, Swords & Axes 11 05-02-2009 12:56 PM
Your opinion on this? kev Political News and Discussion 3 01-14-2009 11:08 PM

Old 08-08-2012, 08:40 AM

Exclamation My opinion

Advertise Here

I am getting confused. If you take away the rights of law abiding citizens to defend themselves, their family and property against others who would do them harm, the punishment is not for the criminal it is for the one's trying to do the right thing. The criminal does not care about the rules anyway. This is a foreign concept to me. I mean literally...Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, Communist China, N Korea, Lybia, Syria, Iraq............. do I really need to go on because history is plagued with more examples?
When I was in the Marines, it was a fairly common practice to punish everyone for the mistakes made by an individual. The idea was to encourage unity by "policing the ranks". That made everyone responsible for other's actions and the problem was usually "rectified" because no one wanted EVERY other Marine in the unit against them. NCO's and Staff NCO's may have imposed a punishment, but did not take away the means to "police your own ranks". It is an accepted practice. Agreed, sometimes it can be harsh on the individual who chooses to go against the rules but IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!
I'm just sayin'!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8531jarhed For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 AM
The Hawks Nest

Thanked 23,232 Times in 8,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8531jarhed View Post
I am getting confused. If you take away the rights of law abiding citizens to defend themselves, their family and property against others who would do them harm, the punishment is not for the criminal it is for the one's trying to do the right thing. The criminal does not care about the rules anyway. This is a foreign concept to me. I mean literally...Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, Communist China, N Korea, Lybia, Syria, Iraq............. do I really need to go on because history is plagued with more examples?
When I was in the Marines, it was a fairly common practice to punish everyone for the mistakes made by an individual. The idea was to encourage unity by "policing the ranks". That made everyone responsible for other's actions and the problem was usually "rectified" because no one wanted EVERY other Marine in the unit against them. NCO's and Staff NCO's may have imposed a punishment, but did not take away the means to "police your own ranks". It is an accepted practice. Agreed, sometimes it can be harsh on the individual who chooses to go against the rules but IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!
I'm just sayin'!
So what is the question? Or is it just a general statement?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawk55732 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2012, 09:09 AM

I agree. Unity is most important in achieving a goal. I think this subject is foreign to many because our country has not experienced a war and is generally, blissfully unaware of anything other than grazing. This is a dangerous mindset. It wasn't the marines, but I think about the grandfathers, fathers and sons who fought side by side by side and died during the wars for freedom in this country. It is human nature to think only in terms of ones lifetime and the experiences therein. History is the answer. Most importantly realizing there is one and to learn from it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flaglover For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Sorry... just a rant.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:13 AM
6 Boys and 13 Hands

Thanked 27,415 Times in 6,904 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
I understood it as the thread title says "My Opinion"
Old 08-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,164 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8531jarhed View Post
I am getting confused. If you take away the rights of law abiding citizens to defend themselves, their family and property against others who would do them harm, the punishment is not for the criminal it is for the one's trying to do the right thing.
Here's the thing.
If you, in war, take a prisoner of war, you disarm them and you prevent them from escaping.
And since they are relatively helpless, you are responsible for safeguarding them until you get them to the rear echelon area.

But if a government disarms their people, aren't they responsible for any injuries that criminals inflict during robberies and such? The population of such places as California, NY, NJ and Illinois should be able to sue everytime that they are victimized by the criminal horde, when they should be able to be safe in their homes.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:59 AM
The Hawks Nest

Thanked 23,232 Times in 8,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ_Pork View Post
Here's the thing.
If you, in war, take a prisoner of war, you disarm them and you prevent them from escaping.
And since they are relatively helpless, you are responsible for safeguarding them until you get them to the rear echelon area.

But if a government disarms their people, aren't they responsible for any injuries that criminals inflict during robberies and such? The population of such places as California, NY, NJ and Illinois should be able to sue everytime that they are victimized by the criminal horde, when they should be able to be safe in their homes.
Once were at war, or a policing action,(however you want to put it) then you can make that comparison.