Social Security--why not a lump-sum payment when you retire? - Page 15 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Federal court halts TrumpĚs immigration ban Unbelievable Political News and Discussion 1153 11-12-2017 04:57 AM
Scavenger loadout GwinnettGA$urvivor Urban Survival 47 09-14-2017 09:37 PM
Security safes sixtus Urban Survival 19 06-19-2017 04:09 AM
Congress Votes To Repeal Social Security Gun Ban AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 02-15-2017 12:30 PM
NRA: Congress To Review Social Security Gun Ban AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 01-31-2017 04:00 PM

Old 06-12-2019, 10:47 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,665 Times in 6,596 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post
well that right there is why i'm getting a royal @#$%ing, then.
My entire working career every time I hit the max FICA taxable income limit it would get increased. I only get 82% of the max.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 11:13 PM
Golfer

Thanked 1,985 Times in 1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by comdot View Post
To be fair, after trillions in spending, the government has yet to show their solutions have stellar results either. In the end, millions of single parent offspring are still illiterate and now joining the next generation of taxpayer financed welfare recipients or prison residents. There's got to be a better way besides doubling down on stupid.
Absolutely. Just as America invented the public education system 200 years ago which brings 75% of children into literacy, we can invent a system to fix the remainder, if we try. Welfare is not a solution to the problems of growing up in ignorance and in ****holes and passing it all along to the next generation. We need a real fix, something that gets to the root of the problem.

As for the A-holes here that brag how they are better than the poor because they made the "right choices" - of being born to white suburban parents and attending nice schools and getting steady work well... Like it's not bad enough you brag how much more you deserve SS because of your excellent "choices" but then you complain that it is not enough?! Jeez, what A-holes!!
Old 06-13-2019, 07:39 AM
Survivor

Thanked 26,495 Times in 4,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttster View Post
Absolutely. Just as America invented the public education system 200 years ago which brings 75% of children into literacy, we can invent a system to fix the remainder, if we try. Welfare is not a solution to the problems of growing up in ignorance and in ****holes and passing it all along to the next generation. We need a real fix, something that gets to the root of the problem.
The mandatory U.S. public education system was copied from European industrial countries. And the results, by district, school and state vary. Rather than tossing more money at the system, alternatives based upon parent's choice and student needs rather than teacher's union demands and politically motivated bureaucratic regulations would address many of the problems.

Welfare is no different. It's failed, needs to be entirely scrapped and revamped based first upon eligibility, national requirements and most of all, upon results.

As it is, everything the U.S. government and it's local subsidiaries does is based upon increasing next year's budget only.

Quote:
As for the A-holes here that brag how they are better than the poor because they made the "right choices" - of being born to white suburban parents and attending nice schools and getting steady work well... Like it's not bad enough you brag how much more you deserve SS because of your excellent "choices" but then you complain that it is not enough?! Jeez, what A-holes!!
Americans of all colors, races, religions and location are suffering from badly run government financed with excessive taxes. Social Security is one of the few government programs that does not take race, income, politics or location into account when taxes are collected or checks issued to recipients. Nearly all other government programs are guilty of picking winners and losers based upon political motivations.

Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,307 Posts

Quote:
ROTFL!!! Hey, if I were able to save and invest all the money I spent on candy and beer and other vices I too would have four times what SS says they will give me ....if only, if only, if only...
So I am responsible for you not saving? Why the **** should I have to pay for you to go out and play and have fun while I worked my ass off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9111315 View Post
Correct. At a young age it would be less expensive.

But is it the same insurance. Would it provide lifelong disability payments like SS does?

I don't think you should have to pay for your neighbor, but the Social Security Administration does. Maybe that is something that needs to be fixed.

A lot of changes could, and should, be made to SS.
Yes those policies are out there.

Quote:
Poor choices like being born to a working single parent of four, not being read to till first grade in failing school in a crime ridden ****hole, and even then too late to become functionally literate and get past 9th grade when grown men, abusers, get into the picture.

Yeah, why can't everybody make all the right "choices" like you did?
Well let's see I spent many summers in the same ****holes you are complaining about, because that is where my mother lived. My mother hated men/boys because she was raped several times while young. Yes that means she hated me. She didn't give two ****s about me. I was beaten pretty much everyday by my fathers second wife. That takes me from middle school through high school. When I finally had enough I left his house with nothing, but two pairs of pants, five t-shirts/socks/underwear, a pair of work boots and a pair of sneakers. I got most of my "new" clothes out of the garbage. I worked Monday-Saturday 12+ hours a week so I could get out of the situation. So yes make those decisions not to be put in that position again.