Mtn Wilderness Survival Retreat Experiences with 60 + pics - Page 54 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictures of your bug out retreat/permanent wilderness shelter Psyclops DIY - Do It Yourself 6 07-07-2016 06:22 AM
New pics on my remote mtn survival retreat (2013 - Pic Heavy ) Mtnman Mike Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 119 11-19-2014 07:16 PM
Nice cabin pics where I worked & mtn retreat I Lived Summer 2010 ( Pic Heavy ) Mtnman Mike Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 123 06-17-2014 07:33 PM
A Real Wilderness Retreat Akita Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 0 08-18-2013 06:00 PM
New Pics of my mtn Survival Retreat Mtnman Mike Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 413 05-31-2013 01:19 PM
New pics showing more of my BOL / mtn retreat, bunker and Solar setup (pic heavy) Mtnman Mike Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 26 04-08-2013 08:03 PM
Illinois Wilderness Retreat Project! ForrestSpaceModule Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 20 02-26-2012 08:51 AM
Wilderness camp program experiences? smallbrat Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 0 01-11-2011 09:26 PM
Long-term survival. Wilderness and rural retreat. Le Loup Australia and New Zealand 0 07-22-2009 09:56 PM

Old 06-11-2019, 09:39 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Thanked 23,447 Times in 4,778 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballenxj View Post
This is indeed a big part of whats wrong with our country today.
I am not going to re-post that ugly pic of the creature. But I am pretty sure it is male since looking as close as I can stand it is bald and not too many wimmen are bald from what I remember.

About what is wrong with our country and even the whole freakin world it would take a book and much more and plenty of books and movies out there trying to tell and even flaunt what is wrong...

I personally have experienced all kinds of people even though I am more and more of a hermit even now still stuck in a city. I have written before that I never feel lonely on my mtn retreat but the loneliest place is in a city full of all kinds of people but most are people whom I have nothing in common. And I feel the most lonely in most cities.

And the few women I have met, I might even post a photo or two someday if any are interested but most of the women under forty anyway are tattooed or inked or whatever they call it now.

My good ol Dad had tattoos on both arms from when he was in the US Navy for 8 years in the fifties. The only wimmen I had ever heard about having tats were in freak shows in past history. My Dad actually regretted have all of those tattoos since when he got to be fifty the tattoos were fading and unrecognizable. The only tattoo I liked on my Dad's arm was my mom's name... IF I ever met a good lady then the only tat / ink whatever I would get would be her name on my arm.

I don't like tattoos in general even on men since I don't see the beauty or art or whatever and it makes people even easier to id. The "geniuses" who have tats on their faces are especially easy to id = mark.

And here are some more bits of "wisdom" I constantly find on quora.com and facebook. I try to not waste too much time but it has been entertaining if nothing else this past winter. I am almost done with suciety and so called civilization but just a bit more if any are intereested >>>

You all would not believe the responses on some facebook site, even after some told what they were really looking at

From quora.com >>>

Are fully semiautomatic rifles worse than partial semiautomatic rifles?

N. Doty
Answered Apr 13, 2018

"Assuming you mean full auto vs semi-auto you still need to define what you mean by ‘worse’. Worse looking? Does 1 smell worse than the other? Does one make a more delightful planter?

Accuracy wise, full auto tends to be worse. The gun itself can be 100% as accurate as anything else, the shooter tends to be affected a lot more and therefore become less accurate. We used to train with semi-auto and there was always a challenge with full auto “Who can put 3 on the target before they’re shooting over the top of it”, I think I saw maybe 1 or 2 out of a LOT of shooters manage to get round #3 on paper.

Full auto generally means missing a lot, really fast."

Would it be harder to own a musket than an AR-15 due to the higher caliber of muskets?

N. Doty
Answered Apr 13, 2018

"I own both. Neither is harder to own than the other. They both just sit there unless I mess with them. Neither takes additional care or feeding.

If you’re talking about purchasing, Federal law doesn’t classify a muzzle loader as a firearm and it is exempt from FFL transfer laws etc. The ar15 is a ‘modern’ firearm and there are additional laws required for its purchase from a commercial entity. Caliber has nothing to do with it."

"Just one more reason" and if any do not know what I mean by that then you have not been paying attention to what I at least, have been posting about for the past ten years in this and other threads. More later maybe as things develop >>>>

Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Trapper

I'm sure you're right about that repulsive creature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman Mike View Post

You all would not believe the responses on some facebook site, even after some told what they were really looking
Yes, Fully semi automatic camera's, and gear ought to be illegal!
And yes, I believe it. There are a lot f stupid people out there today...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ballenxj For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 10:51 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I'm sure you're right about that repulsive creature.

Yes, Fully semi automatic camera's, and gear ought to be illegal!
And yes, I believe it. There are a lot f stupid people out there today...
Found a few more which just makes me want to leave suciety even more. I would have left already but the weather is unusually cool and the snowpack is not melting too fast but Hopefully mostly melted by the end of June so I can move everything I own up there by July 1, 2019. This snow survey station half a mile from my land says there is still 74 inches of snow depth but the temps are slowly getting warmer > https://wcc.sc.egov.usda.gov/reportG...ue,TOBS::value

I also finally found another snow site about my mountain area with temps, weather forecasts etc. and wish I could have seen this the past year or ten > https://snoflo.org/report/snow/wyoming/old-battle/

Anyway, a few more stupid or at least ridiculous facebook "wisdumb" >

A huge number of Hollyweirdo meme's and wisdumb. I used to like Carrey and even Robin Williams until I finally realized that they truly were and are Nuts! as in clinically insane. I won't post political memes etc. since plenty of those in other sections and just watch the news. This is one of many Jim Carrey's "art"

I think that website change.org is actually serious with this petition >

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:

Old 06-11-2019, 11:27 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,622 Times in 886 Posts

Mike, I assume your road permits you to take the shortest path (clockwise on the loop) to your property. Where on the property are you building and is the build site near the loop road or do you have a driveway?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Trapper

Carey is an ass, Williams is dead, and I dare one of those mother effers to try and get their finger into my muzzle. They will be pulling back the bloody remnants of what was once their finger.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ballenxj For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 07:37 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,705 Times in 839 Posts

I have never, ever thought Carey was anything but a retard. He was never funny.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JRR For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 07:02 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Carey is an ass, Williams is dead, and I dare one of those mother effers to try and get their finger into my muzzle. They will be pulling back the bloody remnants of what was once their finger.
According to the experts at change.org the muzzle is called a "shoot hole" first time I have ever heard or seen that description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Mike, I assume your road permits you to take the shortest path (clockwise on the loop) to your property. Where on the property are you building and is the build site near the loop road or do you have a driveway?
Thanks for the question and possibly barely two more weeks for anyone to ask me questions since I plan to be totally off grid on my mtn retreat. The one that is shown mostly in the first few posts of this long thread in case any might have forgotten. I have added much even pictures since I created this long thread about ten years ago and plan to add a great deal more in the next ten years.

My private road is an almost 3 mile loop including some side paths. It is not just my private road but is shared with people who have cabins within 3 miles. Maybe 20 or so cabins on the private road and one or two cabins are built every summer. When I first got up there in July 1987 there were only 4 cabins about 2 miles down the mountain from my land. Some years no cabins built but the past few years more and more although it still is not too crowded.

There is also a "secret" path = 4x4 road that I could take to get to my mtn place If necessary. It begins in the ghost town of Battle and ends on my private road. That secret path is told about in the book "Mountain Hold" and chapters 4 and 5 of that book describe my mountain area and what I would really like to build if given the time, some more money and mainly a few dozen people to help build. I can send a pdf of the book "Mountain Hold" to anyone who asks me in a private message.

I actually have two main building sites and three if the back part of the bunker is included someday, hopefully within a year or two.

I must build a protective log pole strong structure over my camper trailer which I should live in for a year or more while I try to finish the partially underground cabin I began to build in 2014.

It must be a strong log pole structure that can withstand the ten plus foot deep snowpack of most winters.

I also would like this log pole garage to be long enough to even protect my two pickup trucks but will see how that goes and if I have enough time, energy and materials to build such before next October when the big snows begin again.

This log garage will be at the top of my driveway. The driveway has the ten foot high gate that Watch Ryder built in 2012. I also plan to build a ten or so foot high log pole fence and the long garage will be part of the fence.

If the Wyoming state highway 70 is open yet and I have not seen any link that it is open but if it was then likely the private dirt road still has some big drifts such as shown in this pic that I took July 2, 2011. That was the very latest that there was so much snow still in July since most years the snow is only that deep in early June at the latest. But this has been an unusually cool wet even snowy spring with summer only now barely beginning with temps hitting about 60 degrees F as I can see on the snow survey station.

The pic at the beginning of my private road and my mtn land is about one mile down this road >

Below showing my old truck down the road at the beginning of the huge 12 foot snowdrift blocking the road

If the snow is still deep when I move up there likely around June 30th then I will have to dig thru snow drifts. This is what I did to open up my driveway in mid June 2009 and the last pic shows the top of my driveway where I hope to build a ten to possibly more than thirty foot long log pole garage using plywood also. >>>

I have a lot of pics and hope to take a few dozen more pics of my moving and building and doing and Living on the mountain this summer even for the rest of my life. But here is the other building site and just a couple pics of me building my newest structure which is a partially underground log, rock, concrete cabin. It will be 20 x 12 feet since the hole is a bit bigger than those dimensions.

I also plan to build a concrete block / rock tower possibly ten or more feet high but I won't even begin the tower for a year or two, which will be part of the new cabin. Just a couple more pics showing me build. WR made a video and he took the one pic showing me nailing the large picture window in place. It is actually a double paned sliding glass door and I have another one for one more window. >>>

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 12:50 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Lots more I could post everyone but not too much time right now. I usually am not online during the day since this motel wifi is slower and many times will not even connect during the day. Too many people using motels from Memorial Day to Labor day and this is a big tourist area as is many places in the western USA.

I do want to post this pdf of a great book. There are actually two Mountain Hold books but this is the first and best one in my opinion since it takes place in a real area my WY mountain area. The town of Tonswater in the book is actually Encampment with its twin "city" of Riverside population 50.
The other Mountain Hold book is titled: The Golden Odyssey and hope some will look it up and buy or ask me about it thru email or a private message. There is supposed to be a 3rd and final Mountain Hold book but it might take a while for the author to write and finish.

I especially like chapters 4 and 5 since they describe the actual mountain hold which is mine and what I would like to create if I was given enough time, energy, dollars and especially a few dozen good people. Here is the pdf if any wish to read this. I am going to buy as many paper copies of this and the other books of WR's although there are few paper copies left but unlimited kindle and Amazon e-books.

If any download and even possibly read this then please give your opinion and if you think it is a very good story. I like it mainly because it is taking place in a real area = my mtn retreat area and the towns within 30 miles. The pdf of the Mountain Hold which will auto download >

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mountain Hold - Terra's Edge Volume 1.pdf (964.6 KB, 13 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post: