Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Illinois Counties Form Sanctuaries for Gun Owners to Thwart Gun Control Batko10 General Discussion 12 05-08-2018 06:34 PM
Sanctuary County for Gun Owners: Effingham County, Illinois AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 04-19-2018 02:00 PM
Illinois Senate - SB1657 - Limiting Private Gun Sales with New Dealer Bill Javell Illinois 6 04-17-2017 12:39 AM
Illinois - SB1985 - Illinois Tries to Enact Lead Ammunition Ban Javell Illinois 7 04-13-2017 05:38 AM
Illinois - HB 2354 - Gun Confiscation - Violence Order of Protection Act Javell Illinois 29 04-12-2017 02:06 AM

Old 05-19-2019, 02:54 AM
Prepared

Default New Illinois

Advertise Here

Am I crazy or is this idea getting some steam? Rep. Halbrook is moving forward with this and it sounds like a pretty good deal. Come on ilnoiz ....let's do this!
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2019, 05:10 AM
Target Shooter

My guess is YES! ---How about a hint at what the hell you are talking about?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bearsclaw 73 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2019, 07:58 AM
Bad Dog

Thanked 16,646 Times in 3,539 Posts

He may be referring to this:

Illinois Governor Introduces Bill to Legalize Recreational Marijuana

FYI. Forgetting things is a sign of overuse.

But he's probably referring to this:

“New Illinois” Takes Off!!!!!

Quote:
A movement that sparked almost a year ago when the Effingham County Board voted to protect its citizens’ Second Amendment rights is spreading to over 61 Illinois counties and at the same time, broadening to include an array of issues and passionate voters.
The is the 2nd Amendment sanctuary county issue. This will help keep the miscreants within the Chicago area.

Anything that separates sensible Illinois from radically progressive Chicago is a good thing. But I'm afraid your property taxes and excessive tollroads will pad Chicago politicians' values forever.
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2019, 08:21 AM
Off the leash

Thanked 2,087 Times in 881 Posts

We live one county away from Effingham county and we are all for this. Southern IL is a whole different world than northern.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:21 AM
Target Shooter

Yup pretty sure it's about Illinois separating itself from Chicago and making Chicago a 51st state.
People in this state really cringe to be associated with Chicago ( and their corruption and liberal leftist ways) when you tell some one your from Illinois.

Mrs. sardog; Please don't include all of northern Illinois in your thinking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoka-hey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2019, 08:55 AM
Off the leash

Thanked 2,087 Times in 881 Posts

Believe me I don't. I know there are a lot of people in N.IL, I have a cousin that lives in Lockport, that aren't on board with Chicago and it's liberal ways. And, I know once you get away from there to the west it's a whole lot different too.

I just wish we could have a northern liberal IL and a southern conservative IL.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs.sardog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 01:27 AM
Prepared

It wouldn't last 20 minutes. Some people dont know it yet but Illinois is kinda ground zero in the midwest between the battle of good and evil. Case in point, the sessions the lawmakers were holding on Sunday and Memorial day. What were they about and how many opposing witness slips were filed in the limited amount of time? People in Illinois were still engaging in the fight even on memorial day weekend.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:48 AM
Bad Dog

There is zero chance that Illinois will be able to separate from Chicago. Without the outrageous tax revenues from other parts of Illinois, Chicago could not continue to exist. Plus, all of Illinois' most corrupt politicians live in Chicago or nearby. It's the heart of the problem.

The Democrat money train is strong in Chicago.

Every time I visit Chicago I'm amazed at the number of toll roads throughout the surrounding areas. Several highways that were free 20 years ago are now toll roads. They are everywhere. My brother-in-law claims that all toll money is in a lockbox that can only be used for road repair. I say BS. The state has to be taking in hundreds of millions of dollars each day, and far more than they need to repair roads. That makes it an irresistible honeypot for corrupt politicians, and very likely a huge source of income for the Democrat machine.

A lot of that money gets fed to the crime syndicate because they own the construction companies that repair the roads. In turn, the syndicate is a staunch supporter of Democrats. What a great system.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 08:04 AM
Crusty Old B*stard

Thanked 2,111 Times in 695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoka-hey View Post
Yup pretty sure it's about Illinois separating itself from Chicago and making Chicago a 51st state.
People in this state really cringe to be associated with Chicago ( and their corruption and liberal leftist ways) when you tell some one your from Illinois.

Mrs. sardog; Please don't include all of northern Illinois in your thinking.
Hmmm...a 51st state, populated by corrupt politicians and feral hominids, with two senators, one representative, and three electoral votes. What could possibly go wrong?
Old 05-29-2019, 10:12 AM
Bad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry The Cat View Post
Hmmm...a 51st state, populated by corrupt politicians and feral hominids, with two senators, one representative, and three electoral votes. What could possibly go wrong?
We will need to build a wall to contain the corruption and crime.
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 01:21 AM
Prepared

I didn't answer my original post because I knew what was coming very quickly. My argument is now and was about ********, taxes, and gun rights as of memorial day weekend now and originally about separation from Chicago. What do I wonder will they ramrod thru in a shell bill between now and Friday?
Old 05-30-2019, 01:22 AM
Prepared

BTW, May God bless Missouri for what they're doing about what got deleted in my last post!
The Following User Says Thank You to 50 cal For This Useful Post: