Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U.S. threatens Syria, says Assad is planning chemical weapons attack BBQ_Pork General Discussion 203 04-17-2018 01:05 PM
AWB SCOTUS case - here we go (maybe) leadcounsel Rifle Forum 19 11-27-2017 01:47 PM
Democrat Assault Weapons Bill Mostly Symbolic AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 11-14-2017 01:00 PM
How did you come to pick your survival cartridge? leomort Firearms General Discussion 108 10-23-2017 09:20 PM
Army Considers Bringing Battle Rifles Back To War OldCorps Military Weapons Forum 266 05-10-2017 04:01 PM

Old 09-06-2018, 09:03 AM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Thanked 27,289 Times in 7,958 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyetteAdams View Post
Pepper spray is a crapshoot... it has been found to not work on some individuals, notably those with certain mental illnesses. It is not understood how or why they can mentally override pain and shock, but these are also the ones that you hear about that keep on coming like a tank after being shot in the kill zone with a bullet.

Pepper spray is ineffective on too many people to be considered reliable.
In my experience, OC in itself, doesn't work well with the Hispanic populations, nor does it work well with those who are acutely psychotic, regardless of the cause of said psychosis.

Freeze+P is a chemical agent that utilizes a combination of effective CS and OC, and works well with both the aforementioned demographics. Nobody that I've used this upon, has been able to completely resist its effects.

The method of delivery of a chemical agent has to be measured as well. There are 1. Tactical (stream), 2. Fog, and 3. Gel delivery systems, and not one is optimal for every environment.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Sockpuppet For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 10:41 PM
Crap Creek Survivor

Thanked 1,723 Times in 458 Posts

Thank you, Mr. SP! I didn't know this existed until you mentioned it.

If this is what you are talking about, I will order it!

https://www.amazon.com/Freeze-Pepper...70_&dpSrc=srch

Here are a couple of reviews I found on Amazon...I had to laugh (ok, I snickered in an evil undertone) picturing a would-be attacker getting a dose of this stuff.

"This stuff is derived directly from the pits of hell. I believe itís made of ground-up demons. If you spray someone with this they will remember what it feels like for years lol."

"Karate in a bottle."

Several others (LEOs and prison guards) mentioned that it was used on people who are normally immune to pepper spray, and the Freeze+P put them down for the count.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrizzlyetteAdams For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2018, 12:34 AM
Survivor

Thanked 18,944 Times in 6,134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunes View Post
Hello, which non-lethal weapon is most effective to stop an attacker or multiple attackers?
"Most effective" still doesn't mean actually effective, nor does it mean effective enough to get the job done.

I'll leave non-lethal to the guys that get paid to take that risk. Me? If you choose to make me defend myself, you better go hard, as I am too old and tired to play stupid games.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:

Old 09-11-2018, 12:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 30,827 Times in 7,479 Posts

First off, no weapon is non-lethal. They are pretty much classified as "less lethal". OC spray has killed people. Usually compounded by things like Positional Asphyxia. OC can and does interfere with breathing in many people. That can kill them.

Second, OC spray is definitely not always effective. I was an OC instructor and I have probably been sprayed 20 times or more. I definitely suffered a bit from it but was usually able to function a bit. I saw more than a few officers shake it off and continue to function. I saw more than a few suspects who seemingly had no real ill effects other than them being really ****ed off.

Third, even Tasers sometimes didn't work, but I only witnessed that twice. And they are not Non-lethal either.

Case in point on a day going to the range. I was driving down the road and my wife was with me. They gave her permission to take pictures of the day as part of a so-called public relations thing; she takes great pictures. All of the sudden, she was trying to jump out of the car. I was still driving and wondering what the hell the problem was. I stopped and she jumped out, hacking, coughing, and eyes watering. I sat there for a few seconds thinking she had motion sickness or something. I then figured out what I finally smelled was OC. So I got out and opened the trunk.

Turns out, an ammo can had fell on my duty rig and triggered the OC canister. Emptied that sucker. I moved stuff around, but she would not get back in the car. We were close to the range, maybe 100 yards away, so she walked and I drove the car. Then I tried to air out the car as best I could.

So she is very much effected by OC. I was like, yeah okay, although using my rig at the range gave me problems all day long. The rig was soaked.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 08:13 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:

Here are a couple of reviews I found on Amazon...I had to laugh (ok, I snickered in an evil undertone) picturing a would-be attacker getting a dose of this stuff.

"This stuff is derived directly from the pits of hell. I believe itís made of ground-up demons. If you spray someone with this they will remember what it feels like for years lol."

"Karate in a bottle."

Several others (LEOs and prison guards) mentioned that it was used on people who are normally immune to pepper spray, and the Freeze+P put them down for the count.
Directly from the pits of hell....

karate in a bottle.....

Sounds like something I need!!
Old 10-07-2018, 11:08 PM
Any Time, Any Place

Thanked 2,403 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote:
Hello, which non-lethal weapon is most effective to stop an attacker or multiple attackers?

I believe a pepperspray/capsaicin based weapon is the best choice. When ordinary pepper spray isnt enough, i read that riot guns is used by police and army for crowd control, they shoot out a big amount of pepperpowder propelled by black powder.
How bout 12 Ga, bean bag rounds and rubber .45 ACP bullits?
Old 10-07-2018, 11:19 PM
Simple Goat Herder

Thanked 26,283 Times in 7,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resto View Post
How bout 12 Ga, bean bag rounds and rubber .45 ACP bullits?
Beanbag and rubber pellet shells are pretty sweet. Hard to find a situation to use them in though.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:51 PM
Survivor

Thanked 21,775 Times in 7,436 Posts

I said [pow] no refunds!

I could use it at work.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:01 PM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 30,471 Times in 7,372 Posts

Quote:

I believe a pepperspray/capsaicin based weapon is the best choice. When ordinary pepper spray isnt enough, i read that riot guns is used by police and army for crowd control, they shoot out a big amount of pepperpowder propelled by black powder.
Don't be there. Or distance. Or obstacles.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:20 PM
No Longer Rambling

Thanked 8,288 Times in 1,985 Posts

Quote:
Pepper spray is a crapshoot... it has been found to not work on some individuals, notably those with certain mental illnesses. It is not understood how or why they can mentally override pain and shock, but these are also the ones that you hear about that keep on coming like a tank after being shot in the kill zone with a bullet.

That doesn't even take into consideration the times you cannot or should not deploy sprays. Rainstorms, high winds, wind blowing back towards you, enclosed areas where you will be affected; maybe even more than your attacker. Sprays have their place, but they are not the end all be all.
The Following User Says Thank You to A_SonofLiberty For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2018, 10:45 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,875 Times in 618 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SonofLiberty View Post
Quote:

That doesn't even take into consideration the times you cannot or should not deploy sprays. Rainstorms, high winds, wind blowing back towards you, enclosed areas where you will be affected; maybe even more than your attacker. Sprays have their place, but they are not the end all be all.
Or if your taking a ****. Trust me
Old 10-10-2018, 11:03 PM
living in the desert

I like my 4 cell MagLite....I mean..it's just a flashlight, right?

of course you can always add aftermarket bezels and end caps....
Old 10-29-2018, 06:55 PM
Gatorbait

Quote:

"Karate in a bottle."

I've been pepper sprayed before because guys are stupid when you give us toys to test out. It really sucks but does take a few seconds to reach full effect. Sometimes you might need more than a few seconds, not to mention a person can build up a tolerance over time. Also found that pepper spray works horribly at any distance when the wind is blowing.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:11 PM
Inglorious Deplorable

Thanked 33,319 Times in 13,207 Posts

Quote:

Thank you for leaving them alive to attack other people.

Time to repeal the 17th.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:20 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,718 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote:
Dog bites can be lethal, if i just want to frighten, i can frighten with a gun too.

I need a non-lethal weapon that is effective.

A powerfull pepper blaster could be even easier to operate, more accurate and therefore more effective against multiple attackers than a semiauto gun.
More accurate than a semiauto?
Not even close.

Example below

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ana-wilderness

Just my opinion here, but the most effective non lethal defense = passive defensive measures and preparation.

11B
Old 12-30-2018, 07:49 PM

I keep an axe handle under my bed, and I'm confident in it's ability to put down anything I swing it at
Old 01-10-2019, 11:17 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
There is no "non-lethal." Since anything could be lethal in the right circumstances there can only ever be "less lethal."

And less lethal does not mean "less than lethal." Less lethal simply means "less likely to be lethal." Because even less lethal options can still kill.