Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pepper spray recommendations MHarn Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 48 Yesterday 08:01 AM
What happens if your caught with the wrong pepper spray in NYC or Jersey? slackercruster Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 33 02-17-2018 01:09 AM
Making the Most of the ¯Little Gun¯ Outpost75 Shotgun Forum 18 12-16-2017 10:43 AM
salt supply pepper spray gun realc4ever Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 1 12-27-2016 06:53 PM
Superior self defence - high pressure pepper spray Lunes Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 34 10-12-2016 03:21 PM

Old 04-29-2018, 10:24 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,208 Times in 550 Posts
Default new pepper spray gun

Advertise Here

Yesterday, I got my Handgun magazine in the mail and read an article on the Kimber Pepper 2. If I lived in a town I would want one. They last 2 years and cost around $40. Has anyone had experience with the Pepper 2?
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2018, 04:21 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,884 Times in 775 Posts

Gets good reviews.

$38

https://www.amazon.com/Kimber-Pepper.../dp/B004MG63X6
Old 04-30-2018, 08:25 AM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Survivalist View Post
Yesterday, I got my Handgun magazine in the mail and read an article on the Kimber Pepper 2. If I lived in a town I would want one. They last 2 years and cost around $40. Has anyone had experience with the Pepper 2?
That's probably the last OC product I would use for SD.

For reference, I spent many years in the defense spray industry (I left the industry in 2014), and have developed, tested, trained, etc. etc. OC products of every type.

I don't know what the forum rules are regarding linking to another board, so I'll just paste my comments on that product when I was asked about it on that forum. (I did a Q&A on OC sprays there).

Quote:
Thanks for the question, XXXX. I briefly mentioned it before, but now is a good time to go a little more in-depth about it.

In short, I'm not a fan of it. Here's why:

-It uses gel oc. Easily the hardest dispersion pattern to use effectively. Since it doesn't run.

-It can cause permanent damage when used at close range. Almost all civilian usage of pepper spray occurs within a 2-3 foot range. Manufacturer recommends not using it in this range.

-It has a gun-like appearance. That's not a good thing in this case.

-The "top/bottom" firing, makes it very difficult to aim (and hit the eyes, accurately)

-You only get two shots vs 10-20 (depending on brand and spray pattern) with a similarly sized aerosol canister.

There are many, many better options out there, in my opinion.
That reply is a few years old now, so I'll update it.

I do believe they no longer use a gel OC, but, in all honesty, it changes my opinion of the product very little. My experience with it wasn't very favorable. We tested target acquisition, in this case the odds of ocular saturation, and it proved to be very, very difficult to hit a moving target. If you watch any videos on the product the test subjects are always standing still. That's not a real world test as far as I'm concerned.

My 2018 opinion on that product remains the same. I'd look elsewhere.