Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ceramic dome water purifiers? Rural Buckeye Guy Food and water 46 08-07-2018 09:50 AM
Safe Water after Hurricane Jim1618 Food and water 8 11-12-2017 09:10 AM
Stainless, seamless, straight wall, non-insulated, 32 oz water bottle don1911 Food and water 33 06-22-2017 04:13 AM
The value of Water & desires of the Heart xtriggerman Religious Discussion 0 06-01-2017 08:23 PM
DIY Fowler's Wood Water Bottle on Alone (Bushmen's Water Bottle) Makery and Mischief DIY - Do It Yourself 2 02-09-2017 09:37 PM

Old 12-20-2017, 09:16 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,261 Times in 489 Posts
Default Water bottle

Advertise Here

I had a tip I wanted to share - I carry a Hydroflask 24 oz insulated stainless steel water bottle with the sport cap everywhere I go, and I always keep it at least half full. The bottle makes a really good club - even half full it could crack someone's skull. I also have a decent sized carabineer attached to the top to act as a 'handle'. It's something you can carry anywhere with no questions asked, and can be deployed as a weapon almost instantly.

Just an idea.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to johnmcd For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2017, 09:34 AM
On what date did kev sell

Thanked 15,529 Times in 4,614 Posts

99% of the time I am awake this is IN MY HAND...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Walter Tyler For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2018, 07:50 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,916 Times in 786 Posts

Interesting. 12 fluid oz of h20 should be about .8 pound. I prefer non-insulated steel bottles. Altogether maybe over a pound.
That could mess up your day, no doubt.
The Following User Says Thank You to rio nueces For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2018, 06:06 PM
Target Shooter

In a seminar last year for the jujutsu system I train in, one of my fellow instructors had a metal water flask with a plastic loop handle (handle looked REALLY sturdy). He teaches some quick, down-and-dirty self-defense classes for women and the elderly (as do most of us). He highly recommends such implements because you can have them everywhere and given their weight and solid nature, they are a significant force magnifier. I forgot what all he'd tested his on by whacking the crap out of stuff, but he was impressed with the results. Good idea!
The Following User Says Thank You to CeltKnight For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2018, 03:33 AM
Unapologetic Deplorable

Heavy lead fishing weight on sturdy line tucked into the pocket will also crack a skull. Not illegal to carry.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:32 AM
Alaska...nuff said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suomi View Post
Heavy lead fishing weight on sturdy line tucked into the pocket will also crack a skull. Not illegal to carry.
Yes it is in a lot of places simply because it is not an everyday item have a reason to carry. Unlike a water bottle that you have reason to carry, is very accepted everywhere, everyday object.
If you want something like that carry leather wallet with coin pouch on chain.
Or
http://www.meangeneleather.com/shop/...s-lethal-coin/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wagion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2018, 05:10 PM

That coin pouch is brilliant. A legal way to carry a blackjack. I might have to make one even though I would probably never carry it, but I would use strong magnets as the catch instead of a snap. I knew people that used to keep a handful of change in there pocket that could be used to distract enough to get away, go on offensive or get at other items on person. I've seen the after effects of a couple soda cans in a plastic bag, but I don't think many people carry that around with them everyday.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:42 AM
Grumpy Old Bastard

Thanked 2,718 Times in 936 Posts

I carry an aluminum water bottle in my hand and also have about 10' of paracord wrapped around it for many uses. Then I also have a water bladder in my Camelbak Mutt that carries my water for a longer event out and about.

In my Mutt, there's also a Sawyer water filtration system. I'm on the hunt for a water bottle from Avian as it appears that's the only bottle with a thread that will work with the Sawyer. You use that bottle to gather your water from a stream or other source, that squeeze it to run it through your filter and into another bottle to drink from.

If I drink the water from my aluminum bottle, I'll fill it up with my Sawyer, and then fill my Sawyer up at the next opportunity I have.