Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Watch: Paracord Axe Handle Wrap AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 3 05-06-2018 03:30 PM
BCM GUNFIGHTER Charging Handle (5.56mm/.223) w/Mod 4 (MEDIUM) Latch Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 01-06-2017 12:24 PM
Review: KRG Remington Action Bolt Lift Oversized Bolt Handle Knob AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 10-18-2016 11:30 AM
Review: Mega Arms Ambi Slide Lock AR Charging Handle AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 09-28-2016 12:00 PM

Old 04-19-2017, 11:48 AM
Hunter

Default How would you handle this...."Hands Up" Aggressors?

Advertise Here

This is pretty common when a street dispute happens, and someone gets right up to your face, almost bumping chest. How would you handle this w/o being perceived as the aggressor or co-aggressor?

Aside from the obvious of just retreating and running, but also consider that this could be apart of your job, therefore, livelihood. If this is is how you feed your family, then you really can't just run away as a Reporter, Preacher, etc. And/or, it could be your conviction in life.

It can also be an inconvenience issue. Like if you're out with your family going to diner. Would you just turn, run and get into your car to drive home should some toughguy gets up in your face, chest to chest, every time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk_x4Bm98Rw#t=01m55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_0MQdpBIF0
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to KravMagoo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 12:10 PM
Been around the block

Respectfully tell him he causing you to fear for your safety, then when he doesn't back down knock him on his ass. Make sure there is a witness or 3 who hear you say it.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blueline For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 12:13 PM

You will have to decide what level of security and consequences for taking action your willing to live with.

Understanding that inaction on your part creates potential for the aggressor to pull a knife, a gun, or "knock-out game" before you have a chance to respond, leaving you debilitated or dead.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FOBOS For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2017, 12:15 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,127 Times in 769 Posts

"That's my purse I don't know you!"
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to OliverR. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 12:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 26,956 Times in 6,420 Posts

I'd tell him his breathe stinks and to kindly move away. If he doesn't remove himself I'll take the stick from my sign and make him a human popsicle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 12:17 PM
On what date did kev sell

Thanked 15,529 Times in 4,614 Posts

Punch them in the face really, really hard?....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Walter Tyler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 01:10 PM
Happy to be here!

Thanked 14,928 Times in 3,553 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 2

Don't go to protests. Problem solved. If you do go, understand you're injecting yourself into a situation where violence is likely along with all the consequences thereof.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL View Post
Don't go to protests. Problem solved. If you do go, understand you're injecting yourself into a situation where violence is likely along with all the consequences thereof.
The protests videos were just examples and also serve as a visual aid. Because in real life, you rarely have someone to videotape the event that's happening. Especially if it's a 1 on 1 altercation.

And if you're a reporter, this would be your job. You may lose your job for not attending protests.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:31 PM
Happy to be here!

Thanked 14,928 Times in 3,553 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 2

I think avoidance is key. I avoid the ghetto, protests, large crowds, drunks, dangerous looking individuals, ect. I'm 46 years old and outside of working as a cop or childhood fights, I've never had an altercation like that. If it did happen, I'd probably push the person off me and be ready to fight for my life from there. Just brace for the criminal and civil battles that are sure to follow.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WILL For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 02:40 PM
Survivor

Thanked 19,928 Times in 6,434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KravMagoo View Post
The protests videos were just examples and also serve as a visual aid. Because in real life, you rarely have someone to videotape the event that's happening. Especially if it's a 1 on 1 altercation.

And if you're a reporter, this would be your job. You may lose your job for not attending protests.
I real life, you rarely have the happening to videotape.

If you DO often have it, chances are, YOU are the problem.

If you are a reporter, it is NOT your job to get in the middle of the protest and bump chests. That's a silly idea.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 03:11 PM
Molon Labe

I would have put him on the ground the first time he touched me. That's technically assault so I believe it would be justified and even if it wasn't oh well.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nameless_warrior For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 03:24 PM
TEXAS!!!

Thanked 11,192 Times in 4,315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOBOS View Post
You will have to decide what level of security and consequences for taking action your willing to live with.

Understanding that inaction on your part creates potential for the aggressor to pull a knife, a gun, or "knock-out game" before you have a chance to respond, leaving you debilitated or dead.
Not if you carry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dragunov For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 03:39 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
I real life, you rarely have the happening to videotape.
So does this mean you shouldn't carry a gun for protection neither since it rarely happens in real life?

Quote:
If you DO often have it, chances are, YOU are the problem.
Not even a good strawman argument here. You went from the extreme of "rarely happening in real life"....directly to "OFTEN" happening in real life. Gimme a break with this childish argument.

Quote:
If you are a reporter, it is NOT your job to get in the middle of the protest and bump chests. That's a silly idea.
Obviously you didn't watch the video. And it depends on what kind of a reporter they are. Some are investigative journalist. Others are even more confrontational. Maybe it's hard for you to grasp such ideas, due to your Unibomber lifestyle in the woods or something, but his does happen in normal people's real life.

And of all things, you're on a Survivalist board, where a survival situation rarely happens, if ever in anyone's lifetime....but have you even notice the strong theme here, in regards to "prepping"?
Old 04-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Hunter

This is not as easy (of finding a solution) as people think.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:36 AM
Hiker

i looked up a few things.... these people are actually committing sexual assault.

any unwelcome touching from a shoulder pat etc is sexual assault. the preacher was walking away and the aggressor had contact with his rear...

also, what the guy was doing falls under assault because the threat of bodily harm is present.

these people don't realize by law they arr committing assault.

Assault. ... An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal or civil liability. Generally, the common law definition is the same in criminal and Tort Law.

with that said, it should be considered self defense... but who knows without knowing each states individual laws and crooked police and judges etc....

in wa state this is their self defense position

Self Defense. Washington Law allows a person to use reasonable force to defend themselves when they are being attacked or have a reasonable belief that they are about to be attacked. A person may not use more force than is necessary given the situation. The law does not impose a duty to retreat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realc4ever For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 09:38 AM
POLICE DETECTIVE (ret)

Thanked 5,849 Times in 1,513 Posts

I'd sneak my FOX pepper spray out of my pocket, say to him, "Hey, look at this!" then blast him in the face with it. If he continued to come at me after that I'd use my cane to defend myself. If he continued his attack and pulled a weapon my pocket 45 would be my last resort.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neut Anderson For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 09:58 AM
Golfer

Thanked 2,130 Times in 1,239 Posts

At a golf course I was at there was a dispute as to which of two groups get to tee off first. One guy from each side was doing the arguing. They were about 10 feet apart. ASs the argument heated up the other guy started stepping toward our guy, who said something like, "Don't approach me man, or I'll put this driver upside your head!" It was obvious he had been in this situation before and probably got sucker punched and was ready for it. The other guy, caught in the act, stopped approaching.

My takeaway is when the confrontation begins, be prepared with a "don't come closer" speech, and use it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puttster For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 01:21 PM
READY&ABLE

Thanked 1,138 Times in 532 Posts

Open hand chop to the throat works wonders....or finger to eyeball as well....or yell " ! I have AIDS, GET BACK! lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aka"militiamike" For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 02:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,654 Times in 2,349 Posts

Backwards head butt into guys face for the first one.

If people start gathering around, have a friend yell "watch out for the blood he has the AIDS!"

That will make them scatter.

The second one, try not to be a provocateur and journalist at the same time.

Once you start arguing and engaging a crowd you obviously dont side with, you've crossed over from journalist to agitator.

Violent biological impulses coupled with mob mentality doesn't give a flying **** about your 1st amendment rights, no matter how loud you scream constitution.

Best to avoid it all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Helion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,654 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka"militiamike" View Post
Open hand chop to the throat works wonders....or finger to eyeball as well....or yell " ! I have AIDS, GET BACK! lol
Wish I would have read this before I wrote stuff, I wouldn't have used the AIDS reference.

I was inspired by the video title.
The Following User Says Thank You to Helion For This Useful Post: