Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happens if your caught with the wrong pepper spray in NYC or Jersey? slackercruster Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 33 02-17-2018 01:09 AM
Recommendations MURS/GMRS handheld and vehicle TurboMech Communications 46 04-06-2017 02:47 AM
Tomato Powder Recommendations Rusty.Shackleford Food and water 26 12-19-2016 09:38 PM
Superior self defence - high pressure pepper spray Lunes Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 34 10-12-2016 03:21 PM
Recommendations 2016: Out of Production Edition AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 10-12-2016 02:00 PM

Old 12-31-2016, 03:24 PM
Target Shooter

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty View Post
I use Fox labs.

Wasp/Hornet spray puts people down and out.
This will get you sued !
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to BillM For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2016, 03:27 PM
Target Shooter

Default Don't use Wasp Spray

Quote:
I use Fox labs.

Wasp spray is for Wasps.

It is an insecticide and you can get sued for using a lethal substance when your intent was to use a less than lethal deterrent .
The Following User Says Thank You to BillM For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D Young View Post
Cold Steel Inferno

Just my opinion.
Ditto. That's what I use. I had someone spray me & it S U C K E D!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Urban Bushmaster For This Useful Post:

Old 12-31-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM View Post
Wasp spray is for Wasps.

It is an insecticide and you can get sued for using a lethal substance when your intent was to use a less than lethal deterrent .
That is correct. Also can cause permanent loss of sight & nerve damage. If it was a weapon of opportunity (you just happened to be in your garage & it was there) you have a fighting chance in court (minus a civil suit) but if you keep it for that purpose that's bad news.

Get Pepper spray.
The Following User Says Thank You to Urban Bushmaster For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2016, 04:45 PM
Talk To The Hand

UDAP claims to have the hottest pepper spray. Most are fogger type in different sizes. I carry the ~6" can inside my jacket pocket when knife or .45 are not appropriate. You know ... overkill.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:59 AM
POLICE DETECTIVE (ret)

Thanked 5,840 Times in 1,512 Posts

LAWSUITS? The use of any nonlethal weapon on an assailant can get you sued. Same same with lethal weapons.

My advice: Carry FOX pepper spray in one pocket and (if you are properly licensed) a pistol in another pocket. Why? Because you can never tell who is armed and using pepper spray just might get you killed if you are not carrying a back-up pistol.

I gave a armed self-defense class once and started it off by asking the students if they could tell just from looking at me if I was armed. They all said "no". I then proceeded to show them the 9 pistols & revolvers that were concealed on my person. The point? Always assume that assailants are armed even though they may not look like it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Neut Anderson For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2017, 11:29 PM

I've been fooling with pepper spray for years and have either been sprayed with or sprayed myself with several brands claiming to be the hottest or the best. When I was in the military, there were 6 of us who would stand in a circle in the field behind our barracks and converge while spraying each other. The last one standing got free drinks at the NCO club that night.

Use Fox Labs 5.3 or Sabre Red. Nothing else hurts so bad as those two brands. Period.

Both brands make every size from keychain all the way up to 16oz "riot" and both brands also make grenades; all of which are readily available from Amazon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charles Vane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmac View Post
Bear Spray. I bought some so I have a non-lethal response if someone won't leave when I tell them. It will shoot much longer than personal defense sprays. I think I need another can or two.
Bear spray is also 10 times more potent as the concentration of pepper juice is much greater.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:43 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,884 Times in 775 Posts

I've read the Cold Steel 'Inferno' product may rupture if left in a car in summer temps.
Do the others also?
It would really mess up your day if one of these things went off in your vehicle.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio nueces View Post
I've read the Cold Steel 'Inferno' product may rupture if left in a car in summer temps.
Do the others also?
It would really mess up your day if one of these things went off in your vehicle.
I leave a 16" Fox Labs fogger in the center console of my truck year round. Generally they will not burst unless you leave them in direct sunlight, such as on the windshield.
The Following User Says Thank You to Charles Vane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2017, 01:25 PM
Hillbilly By***!

Thanked 1,659 Times in 683 Posts

I bought my wife the Hottest Wildfire Sticky Gel for her purse.
It's a good sized bottle and 3 million Scoville at 18%.
It is supposed to be evil, she has a stalker that I haven't been able to get yet so she's loaded for bear at the moment.. This just started and I'll nab his ass before all is said and done.. The Wildfire was highly recommended by my LE buddies..
The gel sticks and the more you rub it in the worse it gets, it will actually burn your flesh.
The Following User Says Thank You to Confederate Grey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Hunter

Quote:
This is a MYTH.

Last summer, I've been spraying the crap out of these hornets that have their nest somewhere under or beside my shed. They won't let me get to it and it's in a corner, hard to see due to trees, bushes, fence, etc. So I'm spraying at them as they're buzzing me, protecting their territory. I wasn't even wearing goggles, just sunglasses. Granted I'm not spraying myself directly in the face for fun, but a ton of residue and mist was dropping on and all over me. Then sprayed the foam all over the back of the shed.

After emptying 3 full bottles in about 30 minutes, there was not even the slightest hint of irritation. I didn't even need to go wash my hands nor face and just continued working on the yard.

One test spray with OC or pepper spray, and just the residue on the nozzle can cause gagging. And the mist, if you don't get away from, is way worse. While Wasp Spray even says on the can (usually), that it's "MILDLY" irritating to humans.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Hunter

This may sound dumb, but buy this type:

Sprays will wear out and not spray after a few years. Maybe even 1 year. I test fire about once a year to make sure. I've had big canisters that spray giant cones to little pocket ones. They all lost their spray and trashed. That's hundreds of dollars. This stupid PAGER one, still freaking works after like 20+ years! This was when Pagers were around, holy shiz. Inside, is 2 little canisters that looks like a CO2 cartridge for pellet guns. Hope they still makes them and the same quality. This thing sits in my car through all 4 seasons of East Coast weather too.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Trapper

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is 2nd home - Rustbelt is home base
Thanked 1,600 Times in 510 Posts

I've used pepper sprays extensively for nearly a decade. Get nitrogen powered pepper that will spray up or down. Test your spray to see how it works. Some dribble and drip on your hand. Don't get the ones with a safety trigger or lock. The flip top is all you need.

Cone spray is the best for easy hitting the target. Stream and gel have to be aimed and can be defeated somewhat by blocking. Cone is all encompassing, but it is bad to use in confined spaces. Bear spray would be great is they made it in 2 oz or 4 oz cans but the ones I've seen are huge. Bear spray may open you up to a lawsuit / criminal charge in some states if used on a human. Police 'crowd control' spray is watered down.

The little pink cutie sprays are only good for inside the car, too pusssed out for general self defense. 2 oz is the min I carry unless in NJ or NY, then I have to use watered down, small size state legal sprays. In the England they can't even have pepper sprays. I use small cans of DEET if I am in England.

If someone has a respiratory condition you could kill them with pepper...it is not a toy.
The Following User Says Thank You to slackercruster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2017, 01:36 PM

get online and check out bear sprays and see if you can live with the smallest sized can for easier concealed carry...this stuff rocks!
Old 03-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Grumpy Old Curmudgeon

I carry AND USE the FREEZE+P spray.

IT WORKS !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3664.PNG
Views:	32
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	193346  
Old 04-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Lunes

Any reviews on fox labs "mean green"? Is it a good spray?
Old 04-08-2017, 12:18 AM
Garbage Collector

Thanked 35,938 Times in 8,892 Posts

Sabre Red Crossfire model, hands down get the 1.33 Capsacinoid formula (LE Strength) I use it for duty, it will light you up and get some act right in your life. Very few I have sprayed did anything but scream and do what they were instructed to afterwards.

"I came into the world kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood, I have no issues leaving the same way"

Old 04-08-2017, 12:20 AM
Garbage Collector

Thanked 35,938 Times in 8,892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
I've used pepper sprays extensively for nearly a decade. Get nitrogen powered pepper that will spray up or down. Test your spray to see how it works. Some dribble and drip on your hand. Don't get the ones with a safety trigger or lock. The flip top is all you need.

Cone spray is the best for easy hitting the target. Stream and gel have to be aimed and can be defeated somewhat by blocking. Cone is all encompassing, but it is bad to use in confined spaces. Bear spray would be great is they made it in 2 oz or 4 oz cans but the ones I've seen are huge. Bear spray may open you up to a lawsuit / criminal charge in some states if used on a human. Police 'crowd control' spray is watered down.

The little pink cutie sprays are only good for inside the car, too pusssed out for general self defense. 2 oz is the min I carry unless in NJ or NY, then I have to use watered down, small size state legal sprays. In the England they can't even have pepper sprays. I use small cans of DEET if I am in England.

If someone has a respiratory condition you could kill them with pepper...it is not a toy.
People with respiratory problems should think about that before doing stupid **** and getting pepper sprayed, the alternative is getting tased.

"I came into the world kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood, I have no issues leaving the same way"

Old 04-08-2017, 10:25 AM
POLICE DETECTIVE (ret)

Thanked 5,840 Times in 1,512 Posts

FOX pepper spray is #!