Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bye bye, Arizona State Credit Union Desertlion Financial Forum 39 02-06-2016 12:19 PM
So now if you not in a Union you get taxed Dryades General Discussion 18 07-02-2012 02:47 PM
Admit It, You'd Like to Be in a Union Too FXjohn Political News and Discussion 148 06-13-2012 11:55 PM
USPS, mail handlers union reach buyout terms. $15,000 buyout. Union fails. Libertarianism 4 All General Discussion 3 05-27-2012 04:52 PM
Liberals in Pima County look to seceed from Arizona... Upsate Joe General Discussion 28 05-13-2011 01:55 PM
Video: Union Official, Professor Teach How-to College Course in Violent Union Tactics OldRightBlogger Political News and Discussion 5 04-26-2011 07:23 PM
League of the South says AZ should seceed PA Mountain Man Controversial News and Alternative Politics 12 08-02-2010 07:38 PM
Arizona Crisis: Arizona Citizen Militia Live! RandyMack General Discussion 0 06-25-2010 03:40 AM
Local Union Heads To Arizona to Try and Get Arrested CheapThrill General Discussion 8 06-03-2010 06:45 PM

View Poll Results: Should Arizona seceed from the union
Yes 22 51.16%
No 14 32.56%
Not Sure 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2016, 06:19 PM
...FOURTY TWO?!?!?

Default Should Arizona Seceed from the union?

Advertise Here

Hello all, i suppose local poll is due. mainly i'm interested in everyone's thoughts on if we should or should not, why, and what would be the benefits or hindrances?

looking forward to all the responses, thanks.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crossing.Rubicons For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2016, 06:32 PM
One with everything...

Thanked 2,889 Times in 1,225 Posts

good luck with that... LOTS of problems. One, the fedgov won't be happy. Also a major negative is just south of Douglas - you need to set up border controls around 2 foreign countries, not just one. Lessee... Passports and Visas? What does the Nation of Arizona use for a governmental system? What if The Nation of Arizona decides to declare war on one of its neighbors (or vice versa)? What will the exchange rate be between the Arizona Stella (or Peso or Eagle or whatever) and the US dollar, and how will it be backed and/or backable?

Texas might pull it off because it has a strong enough economy to pull it off, along with a strong militia/military and trade relations with its southern neighbor. And they're big. Even then... they tried to start the process not long go and got shot down.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susanna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2016, 06:40 PM
...FOURTY TWO?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
good luck with that... LOTS of problems. One, the fedgov won't be happy. Also a major negative is just south of Douglas - you need to set up border controls around 2 foreign countries, not just one. Lessee... Passports and Visas? What does the Nation of Arizona use for a governmental system? What if The Nation of Arizona decides to declare war on one of its neighbors (or vice versa)? What will the exchange rate be between the Arizona Stella (or Peso or Eagle or whatever) and the US dollar, and how will it be backed and/or backable?

Texas might pull it off because it has a strong enough economy to pull it off, along with a strong militia/military and trade relations with its southern neighbor. And they're big. Even then... they tried to start the process not long go and got shot down.
thank you, this is kind of conversation i hoped would start. i personally think the border states should band together on it. as far as Arizona's resources, i always thought that the coal, copper, uranium, and aerospace industry would be a valuable backing for our own currency. a governmental system, one would hope, should be a representative republic. in an ideal world, we would do it in order to force a convention of the states and return this government to it's constitutional roots. i hate to say, but leverage, you know?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crossing.Rubicons For This Useful Post:

Old 01-31-2016, 06:46 PM
أنا لست إرهابيا

Thanked 79,964 Times in 31,954 Posts

I like pie !
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ricekila For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2016, 06:51 PM
...FOURTY TWO?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricekila View Post
I like pie !
i'm ashamed to say i don't get the reference. but, funny nonetheless.
The Following User Says Thank You to Crossing.Rubicons For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Most Thankful Guy here

Thanked 47,647 Times in 18,798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossing.Rubicons View Post
thank you, this is kind of conversation i hoped would start. i personally think the border states should band together on it. as far as Arizona's resources, i always thought that the coal, copper, uranium, and aerospace industry would be a valuable backing for our own currency. a governmental system, one would hope, should be a representative republic. in an ideal world, we would do it in order to force a convention of the states and return this government to it's constitutional roots. i hate to say, but leverage, you know?
Not that valuable.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:37 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,966 Times in 1,557 Posts

Willing to take the risk with independance. We will happily take on our share of the debt in exchange for our share of the military.

We promise to take care of all the "new" state owned (former Federal) land, representing 42% land area of the entire state. We also promise to care for all 22 National Parks and to not to fill in the Grand Canyon.

To put this in perspective; Connecticut is composed of 0.3% Federally owned land and Nevada is composed of 81.1% Federally owned land.

The key to Arizona's success will be liberty, freedom and minimal government. Works everytime its tried.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mauser6863 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2016, 11:41 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 13,235 Times in 5,594 Posts

What happened to the "Baja Arizona" movement ? (For a while I thought it would give "Jefferson" a run for her money at being the 51st state ...
Old 02-02-2016, 04:56 PM
Most Thankful Guy here

Thanked 47,647 Times in 18,798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser6863 View Post
Willing to take the risk with independance. We will happily take on our share of the debt in exchange for our share of the military.

We promise to take care of all the "new" state owned (former Federal) land, representing 42% land area of the entire state. We also promise to care for all 22 National Parks and to not to fill in the Grand Canyon.

Actually we have 5 National Parks, and a bunch of National Monuments

To put this in perspective; Connecticut is composed of 0.3% Federally owned land and Nevada is composed of 81.1% Federally owned land.

The key to Arizona's success will be liberty, freedom and minimal government. Works everytime its tried.
Truthfully, giving the oversight of these areas over to the state would definitely provide job growth.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:21 AM
Proudly served USN 70-78

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossing.Rubicons View Post
i always thought that the coal, copper, uranium, and aerospace industry would be a valuable backing for our own currency.

One of the bigger aerospace companies, is on it's way to Mexico. Have already moved a huge portion down there, and are farming out most of the rest.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spooky 52 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2016, 12:43 AM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 30,544 Times in 7,397 Posts

How about we just have them focus on voting in Trump. And NOT Hitlery. Baby steps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2016, 12:47 AM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 30,544 Times in 7,397 Posts

As for the discussion about leaving the Union, it's absurd. United We Stand.

If the ****** MORONS who don't vote would just get informed and vote and stop watching dancing with the stars, we could fix 95% of the problems in this nation.

~ 120 million people vote. Perhaps as many as that sit on the side lines, uneducated and indifferent.

Just look at gun owners. It's fair to say that probably 1/2 of gun owners don't bother voting. And that is INSANE.

You're suggesting people will leave the Union, which would require probably bloodshed. But yet about 1/2 of people can't be bothered to watch the news or vote; very simple tasks.

Good luck getting people to lay down their life when they can't even be inconvenienced...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2016, 04:53 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,428 Times in 3,474 Posts

As that that was a choice.

Why don't you just move dumbass?
The Following User Says Thank You to KaBar67 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,262 Times in 661 Posts

Secede

No.

Stand up for the Constitutional rights of the state and local government, and it’s citizens.

Yes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unno2002 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2016, 12:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,951 Times in 2,357 Posts

Better yet Vote DC out of the Union, Force THEM out! Wouldn't THAT be a hoot?!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rabiddog9 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2016, 05:03 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,966 Times in 1,557 Posts

I agree that if Texas goes, Arizona and New Mexico should go to. We could form a Federation; cooperate on trade, currency and defense. The rest would be up to each state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna View Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mauser6863 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2016, 03:25 AM

Well, first of all, there is no union, we are no longer citizens, but subjects, King Obama has destroyed what once was a great country, he thinks he's King, and the Clinton woman has the same ideas. The citizens of this country voted for change, I just hope those idiots are happy. Politics are so crooked now theres no hope for making it great again. It doesn't really matter if AZ quits the union and becomes our own country.It won't work. I'd like to, but no way can it be successful in my opinion. If I could find a country where I could be free, I'd be moving as we speak. Alaska is the best place as far as I"m concerned.
The Following User Says Thank You to flyvemaskin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2016, 04:00 AM
Deplorabus Basketus

Thanked 14,977 Times in 2,870 Posts

Did somebody say something about pie?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hyperglo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2017, 10:41 PM

I bet if I asked, your opinion would be that the founding fathers were solid thinkers and you like their thoughts. Now, ask yourself why they thought a union was better than 13 mini-nations.

What if we don't like the way the Nation of Arizona works out? Do we break up into counties? It's far better to fix what's wrong with the union than break up into bits of pieces. That's a return to feudalism.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anozira For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2017, 12:43 PM
Semper Fi

Thanked 8,124 Times in 3,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser6863 View Post
I agree that if Texas goes, Arizona and New Mexico should go to. We could form a Federation; cooperate on trade, currency and defense. The rest would be up to each state.
New Mexico is a Blue State and only getting bluer. Not likely to give up that Fed welfare teat. AZ is the lone Red holdout in the southwest.

AZ also doesn't have the economy to support leaving. Pretty much only CA and TX could self sustain as independents.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post: