Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Krav Maga WTF???? BladeGuru Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 181 05-17-2018 11:32 AM
Krav Maga? comas Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 100 05-17-2018 11:31 AM
MMA vs Krav Maga (Video) Warmachine Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 245 07-27-2012 06:29 PM
Gun In Your Face & Krav Maga Lono Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 25 06-15-2012 01:49 AM
Krav Maga Check In nukinfuts29 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 20 02-02-2012 09:16 PM
Krav Maga in denver? MtnBikeMike Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 0 07-29-2011 06:01 PM
This is Krav Maga ! sojurn87 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 86 04-09-2011 10:42 PM
Eskrima OWNS Krav Maga... go player Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 16 02-24-2010 10:32 PM
MMA vs Krav Maga (Video) Warmachine Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 0 07-24-2009 01:04 AM
Krav Maga Gun Disarm WORKED Semper Paratus Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 45 05-30-2009 12:21 PM

Old 01-31-2013, 02:53 AM
crabby old bird

Advertise Here

That article came from realitybasedtraining.co.uk. Far as I can tell it's legit. Looked into some of the claims they made and nobody is disputing them. In fact others said pretty much the same. Again it's up to the individual what they want to learn. For me, if that choice is Krav Maga then I want the real deal.
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,797 Times in 805 Posts

I have practiced Krav for two years, I know this thread is old but I had to reply.
Its best to research and find a gym that teaches either IKMF which I do Or KMG/KMW
with instructors that have actually been to Israel and teacb the Imi system.
There are to many Cardio kickboxing soccer mom places out there and everyone says theirs is the real thing.
IKMF has worldwide trainers that fly around the world and do seminars, eg. hostages on planes, bus, vehicle defence, anti rape carjacking etc.
Research research and research some more. If you dont get a free trial class and an instructor that isnt at least a G1 level walk away.
Its not a sport fighting martial art, there are no rules, kicks to the balls are frequent and encouraged
that said its a self defence that is changed constantly by learning and gettung feedback from people who have been in crap situations. It teaches aggressivness of action, stop the threat as violently as possible and GTFO. Its not pretty.
A good instructor teaches you aggressiveness under stress while keeping the class safe. You should be sparring and you will be covered with bruises and be gassed by the end of class.
You will spend the first 3 months learning how to hit kick and get hit.
Am I promoting it? yes. Boxing is good, kick boxing is good .
Krav takes the best from each and uses it.
You will get in shape if you have a good instructor.
The Following User Says Thank You to JBHK1976 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2018, 11:31 AM

Hi, new here.. not sure if im posting this in the right place.. does anyone have any experience with any online krav maga training programs? and if so which one would you recommend? Basically im looking for something like gracie university but for krav maga. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 05-18-2018, 09:16 AM
Don't be dumb

Thanked 13,668 Times in 4,810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmiles View Post
Hi, new here.. not sure if im posting this in the right place.. does anyone have any experience with any online krav maga training programs? and if so which one would you recommend? Basically im looking for something like gracie university but for krav maga. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Honestly, it is not something that you can learn through online videos. Sure, you can learn the moves/techniques but the most amount of learning takes place in sparring with another person.

You cannot replicate the feeling of having two people trying to kick your ass while you defend yourself. The feeling when someone is trying to choke you out while you execute the escape. It's your money to spend but I would seriously consider traveling to a Krav gym on weekends if you really want to learn.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Runamok For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2018, 07:35 PM
TEXAS!!!

Thanked 11,178 Times in 4,309 Posts

My daughters were taught "Combat Judo"/Knife combatives. The same SD as I taught soldiers for years. Similar to Krav Maga, easier to learn, very effective.

Miss "V" was stationed in Israel for four months, working with the IDF. She said the IDF soldiers liked the SD she knew, a lot, and taught a few after she got some requests. She also picked up some Krav Maga.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dragunov For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2018, 09:50 PM
Lux in Tenebris

Thanked 10,031 Times in 3,749 Posts

As a longtime student of Krav/Combatives/Judo/Muay Thai, please do not overlook the soft skills, that good instructor/school will impart: (soft skills) awareness, avoidance, pre-fight indicators, de-escalation tactics, force continuum and other things.

This is an overall approach...

if your instructor is a fan of ground fighting, run for your ****ing life....if you go down on the street, you are a boot party waiting to happen..

there is nothing like one/multiple one one, drills....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PSYOP Soldier For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2018, 02:32 AM
Just some guy

Thanked 17,659 Times in 5,807 Posts

Get in shape first. Training will be much easier and you will learn more if your not fighting two battles.

Strength training is fine but I would focus more on cardio were I you.

When I was awarded full custody one of my priorities for my daughter was self defense training. I have a wrestling/boxing background but decided to train right alongside my kid.

I wasn't overweight but man did I ever overestimate my fitness level. The first month or so in formal training was brutal.

We started out with KM and trained almost two years in that discipline before moving on to bjj/muy Thai. Nothing wrong with KM but we both felt like we had gotten all we were going to get and moved on.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:34 AM
Just some guy

Thanked 17,659 Times in 5,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
My daughters were taught "Combat Judo"/Knife combatives. The same SD as I taught soldiers for years. Similar to Krav Maga, easier to learn, very effective.

Miss "V" was stationed in Israel for four months, working with the IDF. She said the IDF soldiers liked the SD she knew, a lot, and taught a few after she got some requests. She also picked up some Krav Maga.
Hey bud, long time no see. How's the family?