Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Krav Maga questions warhawk-77 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 47 08-17-2018 02:34 AM
Krav Maga WTF???? BladeGuru Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 181 05-17-2018 11:32 AM
Krav Maga and Concealed Handguns Porkchop Samich Pistol and Revolver Forum 33 03-12-2014 09:30 PM
MMA vs Krav Maga (Video) Warmachine Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 245 07-27-2012 06:29 PM
Gun In Your Face & Krav Maga Lono Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 25 06-15-2012 01:49 AM
Krav Maga Check In nukinfuts29 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 20 02-02-2012 09:16 PM
Krav Maga in denver? MtnBikeMike Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 0 07-29-2011 06:01 PM
This is Krav Maga ! sojurn87 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 86 04-09-2011 10:42 PM
MMA vs Krav Maga (Video) Warmachine Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 0 07-24-2009 01:04 AM

Old 12-30-2010, 09:19 PM

Default Krav Maga?

Advertise Here

Anyone with experience in Krav Maga?
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2010, 01:42 AM
Above all, endure

Very little, why?
The Following User Says Thank You to arcticwarrior For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2010, 01:54 AM
We The People

Yes, little for me and more for my children.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tacticaldad617 For This Useful Post:

Old 12-31-2010, 03:09 AM

One of the best fighting styles in my opinion, check out youtube TheUnitedFaith krav maga
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2010, 10:13 AM

I have practice karate for many years now; at these point I'm at advance level. I was thinking in picking another style of martial art, for variety. Seems very practical for close quaters combat, well put together. I took hand to hand combat in the military, but Krav Maga look more effective.
In my opinion there is no martial art better than other, just different level of skills. Krav Maga seem more self defense,could be a nice whole family activity. With out all the tradicional kata.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Lux in Tenebris

Thanked 10,031 Times in 3,749 Posts

Yep..was at class last night....KM is a take off of the British/US WWII Combatives that was taught to Commandos/Rangers/et al; It is designed to be brutally effective, relies on gross motor movements, and simple to learn and apply...

Here's a good site on the history.... http://www.kravmaga.com/about-us/our-history/

I have trained with Levine at a seminar here in Charlotte, very good stuff to the mix...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PSYOP Soldier For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2010, 10:52 AM
This is a great survival forum

Yeah, Prob the best fighting system IMO. Ain't pretty but if you quickly need to put down someone, and don't care about fighting dirty or below the bet
lt. This is it. There is a big debate over Krav Vs MMA. But my opinion Krav is way better. Why? You won't be ever fighting a streetfight with rules and guidelines. MMA people don't train for certain things because it's illegal in their sport( groin shots, eye shots, knife attacks/sel defense, gun tactics/self defense. Krav on the other hand serves only purpose to defend yorself by any means necesarry. Huge difference.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Rather be outside than in

They just opened a dojo here in town. just wish that martial arts weren't so expensive.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:28 PM

nope sorry
Old 12-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Emperor In Exile

Thanked 15,129 Times in 6,846 Posts

I added Krav Maga to mine because of the easy to learn, highly effective techniques...No BS katas and years to learn how to actually finish a fight. If you want quick and effective it is the way to go, if you want traditional and slow to learn take karate, tae kwon do, or such.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robkenpo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2010, 10:08 PM

I was looking at starting to pick up a martial art.. Krav was high on my list, was wondering how you guys felt about it vs Budokan or Systema
Old 01-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Live Clean, Fight dirty

Thanked 1,078 Times in 620 Posts

Love Krav Maga. I have spent a couple years training with my instructor. Recently he moved to a bigger city about 20 miles from me I am not able to train with him any more and miss it a lot. Hoping to find something comparable soon. Thinking of maybe finding a MMA school or even just a grappling class. Need something.

I encourage everybody who is able too, to try and find a good Krav Maga class.
The Following User Says Thank You to trophytr669 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Pagan Survivalists

[QUOTE=trophytr669;2254763
I encourage everybody who is able too, to try and find a good Krav Maga class.[/QUOTE]

I agree. But one thing everybody has failed to mention is the fact that
it is a real good cardio workout also. I personally love it. I also mix in some
BJJ also. I believe the more you learn the better off you will be and it can keep you from gettin bored.
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianandChris For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Lux in Tenebris

Take a Muay Thai class, great striking and conditioning...go until you reach level 1 then move onto something else, Judo maybe...Remember, both are sport oriented vs Krav, which is combat focused, no rules....
Old 01-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,043 Times in 636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYOP Soldier View Post
Yep..was at class last night....KM is a take off of the British/US WWII Combatives that was taught to Commandos/Rangers/et al; It is designed to be brutally effective, relies on gross motor movements, and simple to learn and apply...

Here's a good site on the history.... http://www.kravmaga.com/about-us/our-history/

I have trained with Levine at a seminar here in Charlotte, very good stuff to the mix...
I've been told by students in American classes that it has lost its hard core edge and is just another choice now.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Live Clean, Fight dirty

Thanked 1,078 Times in 620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttruscott View Post
I've been told by students in American classes that it has lost its hard core edge and is just another choice now.
All can say to that it is what you make of it.

Two things you need to do.

You have to find a reputable instructor.

You need to work hard and be willing to learn.

I had a great instructor, but if you are not willing to push your self your training will only go so far. Your instructor can only make you work as hard as your willing to.

That is the difference between civilian Krav Maga and Military Krav Maga.

Civilian Krav Maga its up to the individual to excel.

Military Krav Maga if you don't try you get smacked in the mouth and your butt whipped until you decide to put forth an effort.

You are taught the same techniques with two different results. Then again if you know your life could depend on it you will try a lot harder, than if your going to get a good work out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trophytr669 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Lux in Tenebris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttruscott View Post
Heard that too, all about the instructor/s...and how much the students want to bang.....like anything i suppose...
Old 01-25-2011, 12:12 PM

I have met an instructor while hunting birds, and I was impressed by their attitude that they start you slowly. You don't go into training with everyone there before you wanting to kick your ass. That's what I liked the best about it.

I also liked how it could be used in other areas such as shooting. This guy runs with the class in the desert, getting used to shooting under physical stress, and not sitting at a nice shaded bench.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Prepared

Krav Maga is an excellent system, but the most important thing with any martial art is to actually FIGHT, not just practice katas and forms but to FIGHT. The reason I say this is because the most important thing you can learn from any fighting system is to take a punch a kick or any kind of forceful strike. When you fight alot you are not shocked by being struck hard. Most people are not used to being hit, and are shocked when it happens, in that short period of time while you are shocked you are going to be hit again and perhaps again and again and again. It really doesn't matter what system you train under, the only thing that matters is that you fight fairly realistically (within reason) so that you will not be shaken when you are struck by the attacker, because you WILL be struck, and when you are it is your reaction to it that will decide your fate. If you fight alot and get struck by someone your reaction will probably be "So what? I get struck all the time, I'm used to this". If you reach that point in your training, you will have achieved your goals.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NorthernStar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Irish Ta Me Core

I had a fair amount of formal training in Krav and continue to study on my own.

In my opinion, it is the best style if you're looking for self-defense. Krav Maga means, in Hebrew and depending on your translator, full contact. It is the unarmed combat style used by the Israeli Mossad, the FBI, Federal Air Martials, USAF, the US Army (under the name of H2H), etc.

It's better (in my opinion of course) than traditional martial arts as a self-defense system because of several facts:
First of all, many martial arts teach lots of different techniques for one thing.
Second, martial arts REtrains your natural instincts. Krav BUILDS on your natural instincts.
Third, weapon defenses. Much better than I've seen from any traditional martial art. For example, when my instructor took TKD, he was told when defending against a knife "don't worry about getting cut, you're going to get cut anyway" no! The weapon disarms/defenses I've learned are easy to do and very effective.

As far as Systema is concerned, I like some of their things but I also see problems. Budokan ninjutsu, it's a pretty good style. What I've learned of Budokan, it's effective. But I still consider Krav to be better.

If anyone has any questions they'd like to ask, you can PM me any time

-Stay safe out there
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DillonT_CO For This Useful Post: