Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blackswift sticks. 21 century defence canes Jaqhama Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 13 12-23-2014 04:29 PM
Planting CUT black raspberry canes? THE_HUNTERIAM Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 12 05-05-2014 01:44 PM
walking sticks . suthincomfort DIY - Do It Yourself 34 07-30-2012 02:34 PM
Walking Sticks jackalope10mm Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 51 01-16-2012 03:56 AM
Walking Sticks (bug) PunisherWeaponSystem Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 1 01-04-2012 09:36 AM
What have you done to your hiking/walking sticks? J.McDonald Knives Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 24 05-24-2010 10:48 AM
staves/walking sticks AlchemicRage Primitive Weapons, Bows and Crossbows 42 12-31-2009 01:14 PM
Walking sticks...with bite G.I.JOE Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 24 10-09-2009 11:27 AM

Old 02-04-2018, 01:09 AM
Third World'er Lunatic

Thanked 34,313 Times in 11,456 Posts
Default nice sized piece of cured

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepDog68 View Post
You could easily go with a smaller diameter stick to keep the weight down of course, but for a hand filling stick thatís well weighed, flexible enough to not easily break and hard enough to shrug off damage there are only a few viable choices!

SD
and lacquered Bamboo. in my younger and stupid days, couple of us would do a impromptu pugli bout with green bamboo lengths.
usually end up, after adding alcohol in copious amounts, with stitches, concussions, lot of bruising and the occasional broken bones.

CO finally re-instituted smokers on the fantail so we could burn off some steam and not quite beat each other so badly. kept us sober, burnt of agitation, but the only rule was no grudge matches between officer and enlisted.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goblin X For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2018, 08:04 AM
Deplorable

Thanked 13,838 Times in 3,505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyetteAdams View Post
I don't know if this idea has been mentioned in this thread...

I am toying with the idea of filling a regular hollow aluminum walking cane with concrete. Then, practice throwing it in the manner of a throwing stick. I am guessing that a sideways technique would work better than an overhand throw...

That'll teach them whippersnappers.
Just buy a spear.
The Following User Says Thank You to Popeye Doyle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2018, 01:56 AM
Grumpy Old Bastard

Thanked 2,692 Times in 927 Posts

My brother works for a Defense Contractor in Korea and regularly finds himself waiting in lines of over 500 people all trying to get on the plane heading back to South Korea. The last time he stopped in and met me along the away. I took him out to Bonneville Powerplant along the Columbia River in Oregon and they had a nice gift shop and he found a straight cane with a Hame Ball on the end for your hand. Take a look at a plow horse collar. Basically it's a brass know that's about 1-1/2" diameter. You can push that down over the top of your walking stick and put a screw in to hold it in place.

I also wrapped some paracord from the hame ball down about 6" just so I have some cord I can use if the need comes up.

If you hold that cane by the other end and hit someone with the end where the ball is, damage WILL be done.

Anyway, back to the initial part of the story.. Use your walking stick (whether you need it or not) and walk up to the line getting on the plane. They'll load you right after first class when they call for anyone needing help or having small kids.

He was standing in the line about 200 people back and a stewardess saw him and walked all the way back to him and said "Come with me, Sir" and she walked him right up to the front of the line.

He says he'll never fly without one again.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kl0an For This Useful Post:

Old 05-30-2018, 02:13 AM
Bowman

Thanked 6,101 Times in 2,975 Posts

I have an old hickory shovel handle with three bands of steel around the bottom that I used as a walking stick years back. It was basically a banded mace, but no one batted an eye because it was used as walking stick.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hagalaz For This Useful Post: