Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from the Rocky Mtns. Sidewinder 319 New Member Introduction 20 01-31-2016 08:30 PM
Hi from the Cascade Mtns. Reboot New Member Introduction 20 01-25-2016 08:48 PM
New from Rocky Mtns. FrancherChick New Member Introduction 17 11-24-2015 09:00 AM
Nc mtns Krismet New Member Introduction 22 09-19-2011 08:43 AM
Hello From the Blue Ridge Mtns of Va. bugman0914 New Member Introduction 15 06-26-2011 08:53 AM
To return or not return. That is the question- MSR Miniworks survivalworld Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 11 03-17-2011 08:16 PM
After you BO, do you plan to ever return? armedpilgrim Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 15 04-29-2009 01:07 PM
Hi from the Pocono Mtns of PA heavyjay New Member Introduction 12 04-18-2009 07:13 PM

Old 08-20-2016, 03:04 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,044 Times in 603 Posts
Default Tucson Transplant with Plan to Return to Wht Mtns

Advertise Here

Just wondering if there are others in the Tucson area with a plan to head to the White Mountains when shtf. I would consider a support group (verification of details would be required) in the event that travel under duress is necessary.

I'm considering safety in traveling (should we have to hike it home, especially), and wouldn't mind knowing who else may be on the road; looking for folks who would be safe candidate(s) to join forces with for safety.

If I was returning home (White Mountains) in a vehicle with extra room I would be glad to offer a ride. I don't want to leave fellow preppers stranded if they seek to get along with others.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Ellen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2016, 08:36 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,262 Times in 661 Posts

Community is essential. I opine that with the correct changes (physical infrastructure and “mental”) Tucson has potential. Post collapse, my estimate is that it will take a city of around a million to maintain full local services and continue to develop.
For those in Tucson, consider:

Southern Arizona Preppers
http://www.meetup.com/Southern-Arizo...mbers/3921570/
Oath Keepers
http://www.meetup.com/Tucson-Oath-Keepers/
We’ve attended several meetings of the two groups. Mutual Assistance Group’s (MAG) have been brought up, but either no one really wants to “expose” themselves, or they don’t trust me and I do not hear of such. Of course, I admit to not actually making much effort along MAG lines myself. (OPSEC, paranoia, and such…)

Ronald Frederick Greek (Fred)
The Following User Says Thank You to unno2002 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2016, 01:51 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,044 Times in 603 Posts

Thanks, I appreciate that. I don't se myself going to a meeting though (I don't discount this group as being a "meeting"; probably even worse as there are permanent records. Nonetheless, I would like to make contact with folks who are going to trek to NE AZ when the SHTF.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellen For This Useful Post:

Old 08-22-2017, 10:37 AM
Semper Fi

Thanked 8,089 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unno2002 View Post
Community is essential. I opine that with the correct changes (physical infrastructure and “mental”) Tucson has potential. Post collapse, my estimate is that it will take a city of around a million to maintain full local services and continue to develop.
For those in Tucson, consider:

Southern Arizona Preppers
http://www.meetup.com/Southern-Arizo...mbers/3921570/
Oath Keepers
http://www.meetup.com/Tucson-Oath-Keepers/
We’ve attended several meetings of the two groups. Mutual Assistance Group’s (MAG) have been brought up, but either no one really wants to “expose” themselves, or they don’t trust me and I do not hear of such. Of course, I admit to not actually making much effort along MAG lines myself. (OPSEC, paranoia, and such…)

Ronald Frederick Greek (Fred)
Where is the food coming from to feed those million people?

As to the OP, it is unclear if you already have a place to head for in the White Mts or are simply looking to get back to somewhere you once lived?