Survivalist Forum banner

Spring 2018 MidWest Get Together

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  gallard 
#1 ·
Well, we decided that we needed a Spring Mid West Get Together in 2018, so we are extending an open invite to all SB Members to come join us. It will be held, once again, at Perry Lake KS, Slough Creek Campground from April 30th thru May 6th. The first part of the week will be strictly for camping and community building with like minded people. Friday and Saturday, we will be holding classes. Saturday night we are having our traditional pot-luck dinner, Barter Town and Conflicted around the camp fire. Finally, Sunday we will wrap up with a come if you want fellowship and camp clean up.

We are still putting together a class and demonstration list. Some of the classes we have (tentatively, for now) on tap, though are:

Back To Basics Self Defense
Knife Sharpening 101
Oils For Medicinal Purposes
Cheese Making 101
Oils For First Aid
Making Liquid Soap From Scratch

We are hoping to talk Trauma Bob, to come give us another one of his excellent medical classes, as well. Last fall he showed us how to do sutures, using pigs feet and suture kits. Some of the other classes and demos we had were Canning Bacon, soap making, essential oils, bullet casting, to name a few. This year's classes will be just as diverse and interesting. Personally, as a result of going to these camp outs, I've taken up brewing my own beer and making wine, as well as canning bacon at home for long term storage.

If you live in the Mid-West, primarily Western MO, Eastern KS, or southern NE, Perry Lake is an easy drive. The invitation is for everyone, though. So if you live further afield and want to come then come. It is a great opportunity to meet new like minded. There's no pressure to partake in any of the activities.

I'll post more information as it comes available. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question here, or PM me. Also, if you'd be interested in giving a class or demonstration, let us know. We'll see if we can fit you in to the program. I'll get back with an answer as quickly as possible.

See less See more
#2 ·
I forgot to mention. Last fall we had a couple of local businesses step up and donate money for operational expenses and prizes for the give away. Integrity Gun and Pawn in Topeka, KS, graciously paid for the site rental. They've donated several times over the years. Target Time Defense in Blue Spring, MO, gave us a couple of free range passes to their indoor range to use as prizes.

So, if you are looking for businesses that support the "community", these are two of them you should visit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.