Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need pistol advise.. Revolver or semi-auto? MH12194 Pistol and Revolver Forum 55 12-04-2019 08:48 PM
Getting into DIY auto repair as a complete beginner have_pen_will_travel DIY - Do It Yourself 77 10-17-2019 10:31 AM
Basic Auto Maintenance and Repair Tools Mr. Yetimode DIY - Do It Yourself 22 06-01-2016 12:33 AM
PPU .380 Auto 94 grain FMJ 50 rounds - $14.43 (Free S/H NO minimum) apps47inc For Sale 0 12-13-2014 10:07 AM
Federal Auto Match .22 LR 40-Gr. LRN 325 Rnds - $17.99 (FREE S/H over $49) apps47inc For Sale 1 11-19-2014 09:53 PM
Federal Auto Match .22 LR 40-Gr. LRN 325 Rnds - $17.99 (Limit 1) - FREE S/H over $99 apps47inc For Sale 0 08-22-2014 09:17 PM
Herter's .380 Auto - 91 Grain - FMJ - 50rds - $11.88 + Free Shipping over $99 apps47inc For Sale 0 05-21-2012 02:38 PM
.45 Auto 230 gr RN 1000 Rounds - RELOADED - $280 + Free S/H to UT, NV, CA apps47inc For Sale 0 05-19-2012 05:11 PM
Alice Pack Kidney Pad Repair, Field Repair CJL Enterprize Sam Dawson silversam1 DIY - Do It Yourself 0 05-03-2012 11:48 AM

Old 10-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,125 Times in 441 Posts

Advertise Here

Problem solved ! Must have just been a bad connection. I went through all coils, connectors etc and cleaned it all made sure it was all correct and snugged up. So I'm guessing what i did last night fixed it and just missed something when I hooked it all back up..
Thanks for all the input guys!

Last edited by chuck c; 10-09-2016 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: Cause I'm a moron and hit post before I was done
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to chuck c For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2016, 08:14 AM

I need help to connect this device for performance tuning my F150 2015 model: https://www.bcdiesel.ca/en/sct-x4-po...ammer-off-road. if anybody know how to locate OBDII port please help me
Old 10-14-2016, 08:21 AM
Deplorable and 3%

Thanked 25,500 Times in 5,381 Posts

There you go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2016, 06:03 PM
Goat Roper

Thanked 1,547 Times in 589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward4576 View Post
Ahhh the wiggle test

Wire
Integration
Gross
Gyration
Looseness
Exam
HeeHee I remember the first time I came across the wiggle test. It was on early to late 80 fords whose wire harnesses were made in MEJICO!! It was the ONLY manufacturer with this as an official test. Too Funny. I am not a FORD fan, but I have made good $$$$$$$$$$ working on them, especially their AC's.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:42 PM
Prepared

I had a broken alternator taken out of a car. How can I test if the problem is with bad (worn) brushes?
Old 01-11-2017, 07:21 PM
Chemist

I have a 2005 Chevy Impala, runs great, but it doesn't like being started more than a few times within a couple hours. Sometimes after being out and making a couple stops, I go to turn the car on and it cranks for a few seconds, but eventually starts and stabilizes and is perfect for the rest of the ride. Any ideas?
Old 01-11-2017, 08:22 PM
prepared for life & death

Thanked 4,520 Times in 1,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSixthFooFighter View Post
I have a 2005 Chevy Impala, runs great, but it doesn't like being started more than a few times within a couple hours. Sometimes after being out and making a couple stops, I go to turn the car on and it cranks for a few seconds, but eventually starts and stabilizes and is perfect for the rest of the ride. Any ideas?
3800 or 3.4?
Old 03-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Hiker

"Hit everything with a blast of "PB Blaster" before beginning work or disassembly."

This is great stuff. Having worked on old cars for years-1930's and up, I wish it was available years ago. WD-40 is useless, Liquid wrench in the yellow can fairly good, but nowhere near as good as PB.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:22 PM

I just put new Goodyear's on my 2010 Honda Odyssey. They did an alignment for me at the same time and the guy tells me the right rear camber is at -1.3. He said the spec is +.3 to -1.3. So my right rear is at the edge of spec. He said they can't adjust it anymore without some kind of "link". He said drive it but watch for tread wear on that tire. When I asked him how much it would cost to get the link to adjust it further he said he didn't know because he hadn't been able to find one. Anybody know what he's talking about with this "link". Also did he give me ok advice to go ahead and drive it even though it's right at the limit of spec?
Thanks!
Old 03-09-2017, 09:07 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,196 Times in 4,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMOD View Post
I just put new Goodyear's on my 2010 Honda Odyssey. They did an alignment for me at the same time and the guy tells me the right rear camber is at -1.3. He said the spec is +.3 to -1.3. So my right rear is at the edge of spec. He said they can't adjust it anymore without some kind of "link". He said drive it but watch for tread wear on that tire. When I asked him how much it would cost to get the link to adjust it further he said he didn't know because he hadn't been able to find one. Anybody know what he's talking about with this "link". Also did he give me ok advice to go ahead and drive it even though it's right at the limit of spec?
Thanks!
I've never done a Honda Oddssey, but he's talking about the rear camber link (Lateral Link).
In easy to understand terms its a rod that's threaded on both ends that by turning the sleeve in the center pushes or pulls the part needing adjustment.
It's basically a tie rod for the rear end.

I found this as the first result on Google:
https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...autoModClar=LX

I'd suggest another alignment shop if he says he couldn't find one.

As for driving it, it's still within spec, and even a little out of spec shouldn't cause major, if any, abnormal tire wear.
The Following User Says Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
I've never done a Honda Oddssey, but he's talking about the rear camber link (Lateral Link).
In easy to understand terms its a rod that's threaded on both ends that by turning the sleeve in the center pushes or pulls the part needing adjustment.
It's basically a tie rod for the rear end.

I found this as the first result on Google:
https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...autoModClar=LX

I'd suggest another alignment shop if he says he couldn't find one.

As for driving it, it's still within spec, and even a little out of spec shouldn't cause major, if any, abnormal tire wear.
That's what I was hoping to hear.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:41 PM
Liberty Defense Agent

I have an open ended question that I'm not really looking for a specific answer for but more of a "how hard will this be" type of thing.

I'm in the market for a farm truck. Shooting for a chevy or gmc with 5.3 since they seem plentiful and I'd guess motor replacements are everywhere. If I have a guy who is reliable and says he could help with the swap of a blown 5.3 if necessary, how expensive/difficult is a job like that? My experience is essentially limited to minor tinkering with a 65 chevy 327 in high school - though we did swap the power glide for a turbo 350.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Target Shooter

I hope you guys can help me out. I have a 1989 GMC 1500 truck 2wd auto with a 305. Have got it less than 2 months ago. I drove it home and no problems. I knew had to replace the radiator as it had a hole/crack on the plastic and had JB Weld on it. So i get a new t stat (195) and gasket,upper hose,radiator and cap. Flushed it and start truck with flush cleaner stuff and goes to almost red line. Cut the truck off and drain. Keeps going to the red line(not driving it). Flushed it again today and start it and still goes to the red line. Will put antifreeze in tonight or tomorrow. Anyone help me. Also noticed the t stat housing area looked a little wet and thank you
Old 04-09-2017, 06:36 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,104 Times in 968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltime View Post
I hope you guys can help me out. I have a 1989 GMC 1500 truck 2wd auto with a 305. Have got it less than 2 months ago. I drove it home and no problems. I knew had to replace the radiator as it had a hole/crack on the plastic and had JB Weld on it. So i get a new t stat (195) and gasket,upper hose,radiator and cap. Flushed it and start truck with flush cleaner stuff and goes to almost red line. Cut the truck off and drain. Keeps going to the red line(not driving it). Flushed it again today and start it and still goes to the red line. Will put antifreeze in tonight or tomorrow. Anyone help me. Also noticed the t stat housing area looked a little wet and thank you
How long does it take to go to red line after starting it from cold? Will it go to redline with just turning the ignition switch on and waiting a few min?

Was it going to redline before the rad change out?

Have you measured the temp of the coolant when it is at red line to make sure the temp sending unit or gage isn't bad/reading higher than it really is?

Is the water pump really pumping? Fan belt not slipping?

Have you tried running it w/o a thermostat? New one could be bad. Put it in a pan of water on the stove, only heat to 195 and make sure it opens.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saln View Post
How long does it take to go to red line after starting it from cold? Will it go to redline with just turning the ignition switch on and waiting a few min?

Was it going to redline before the rad change out?

Have you measured the temp of the coolant when it is at red line to make sure the temp sending unit or gage isn't bad/reading higher than it really is?

Is the water pump really pumping? Fan belt not slipping?

Have you tried running it w/o a thermostat? New one could be bad. Put it in a pan of water on the stove, only heat to 195 and make sure it opens.
It goes to red line I say 10 or so mins. I drove it home and it was fine when i got it. Next time drove it about a week later i drove it to take trash off and it did not over heat but antifreeze was coming out on the cap side. No did not try w/o the t stat. The belt looks fine but did put a new tensioner and not sure about the water pump. Was told the t stat was already opened and put it on the stove and it did not pop
Old 04-09-2017, 10:54 PM
East young man, go East!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltime View Post
It goes to red line I say 10 or so mins. I drove it home and it was fine when i got it. Next time drove it about a week later i drove it to take trash off and it did not over heat but antifreeze was coming out on the cap side. No did not try w/o the t stat. The belt looks fine but did put a new tensioner and not sure about the water pump. Was told the t stat was already opened and put it on the stove and it did not pop
Are you sure you put your Thermostat in right side up? If you put it in upside down it will not work and it will heat up fast.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wapitichaser For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 11:41 PM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapitichaser View Post
Are you sure you put your Thermostat in right side up? If you put it in upside down it will not work and it will heat up fast.
Or stuck from the factory.
The Following User Says Thank You to minitruck83 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapitichaser View Post
Yes it is in right
Old 04-11-2017, 07:46 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,104 Times in 968 Posts

The only thing that has changed that could affect this, short of a new clogged radiator, is the t stat. Take it out and run it and see if it goes to redline. If you can avoiding 200 deg coolant in your face, measure the temp of the coolant when it hits redline and make sure it really is what the temp gage says it is.

Its either the stat, a bad cap that wont allow the system to pressurize, an electrical fault on the sending unit, a clogged rad, bad pump, clogged water passages in the engine, collapsed hoses.

You or anyone else didn't pour any "stop leak" crap in this thing do you?

Is the fan clutch doing its job or is it direct drive?
Old 04-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saln View Post
The only thing that has changed that could affect this, short of a new clogged radiator, is the t stat. Take it out and run it and see if it goes to redline. If you can avoiding 200 deg coolant in your face, measure the temp of the coolant when it hits redline and make sure it really is what the temp gage says it is.

Its either the stat, a bad cap that wont allow the system to pressurize, an electrical fault on the sending unit, a clogged rad, bad pump, clogged water passages in the engine, collapsed hoses.

You or anyone else didn't pour any "stop leak" crap in this thing do you?

Is the fan clutch doing its job or is it direct drive?
The old radiator had a crack in the plastic and had JB Weld and sure it had stop leak in there. I drained the radiator Sunday and then filled the radiator and then took the heater hose off and put water in the plug. Got stuff in the radiator(rust,dirt etc?) Last night i drained it again and put water in as well as the heater hose. Today started it and had heat. The heater hose was Very hot and the rad hoses was hot but not as hot and yes it did go close to red line before turned it off. How can i tell if the passage is clogged? If the water pump is bad etc could that do this? Dont see no leakage. Thanks