Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-28-2020, 07:53 PM
Ultranationalist

Thanked 49,956 Times in 10,481 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneLynn View Post
I'm a New Yorker. I'm staying in New York, but many have fled for the Southern states and the Heartland. You can't blame them. There is a real problem here. I live in a New York suburb, not in New York City. Almost every case we had in my county in the beginning was someone who recently spent time in NYC and now the spread is bad. Plus a lot of people traveled from New York for the Mardi Gras in New Orleans and spring break in Florida, where they mingled with people in other states. They probably should have locked down interstate travel earlier, as it's likely already too late now. Now New York has over 52,000 positives cases and almost 800 dead. The situation gets worse every day.
My only regret about New Yorkers coming my way is that the environment in the US is still not permissive to us intercepting them at gunpoint and sending them straight back to New York where they came from.

New Yorkers think everything that happens up there matters, and that nothing anywhere else does. So I think New Yorkers, and Kalifornians too, need to be forcefully quarantined in their little utopias.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:55 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,006 Times in 2,812 Posts

Good for you. Congrats. Checking on rural in-laws tomorrow. Not staying.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 08:06 PM

I took a car ride earlier today to get out of the house. I didn't get out of the car, but I made the rounds at a local lake/park and around town. The lake and campground were still open and crammed with tent and RV type campers. There was even a group that was Frisbee golfing. These are the idiots that should be run out of town. I'm honestly a little upset the county hasn't closed down the parks. None of the parks had notices or anything.

Not that it'll do any good. Walmart was packed like it was a normal day. People are still wondering around in groups and the restaurants aren't really paying attention to "drive through/take out only".
The Following User Says Thank You to canningmom42 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 08:16 PM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 21,590 Times in 7,772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biathlon View Post
It's already happening bilmac. I drove through Cheyenne last week and the parking lot at Sams Club was wall to wall with colorado plates. Long lines out all the doors too. The KOA in Laramie was completely full, again, mostly colorado plates.

We here in Wyoming all knew this was going to happen when TSHTF.

Just wait till summer. The forests and wilderness areas will be packed with folks from all across the nation.
Look on the bright side. They'll probably set those forests on fire and incinerate themselves. And large portions of the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post
I wonder where they expect to re-supply.

====

In my area we just got done with a winter storm that brought snow. 9" in the valley, 3 feet in the high country. Nobody's camping up here. The desert's nice in the spring though.
Gibbons was a good writer, and knowledgeable about wild plants. But you can't do it, these days. Agriculture, invasive species, herbicides, unless you forage and gather over a wide area at the right time of the year, there's not enough to sustain a group anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCseacow83 View Post
Do you honestly think this ding dong was thinking along those lines? I am thinking it was more along the lines of, "Duh, I'm getting da heck ahda here!"

Either way, the guy knew he was sick and corona or not is spreading it around like an ass. I am in favor of him getting the hammer!
Never underestimate sick people. Fearful of death, they'll exhibit superhuman cunning, lie cheat and steal, and break rules and laws right and left to survive.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 08:19 PM
EdgeCrusher

Thanked 1,145 Times in 473 Posts

So PC for initiating a stop is solely on vehicle tags? As someone who (before the current events) has frequent points via flight, car rental and hotel stay...I'm in vehicles with out of state plates all of the time. Many times Im in a vehicle registered from NY, NC or MA.

If a FL resident had to rent a vehicle that had LA tags, roll out to LA and come home, be subjected to some 3rd Reich stop and question?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JabbaNoBother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 08:36 PM
EdgeCrusher

Thanked 1,145 Times in 473 Posts

Videos are popping up of RI troopers staggered on rt95 NB off on the shoulder looking for NY tags. And rest stop exits have armed NG questioning those who pull off the highway...armed NG.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to JabbaNoBother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 09:12 PM
NRA Life 1971

Thanked 14,680 Times in 6,304 Posts

We are treading in uncharted waters.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to roseman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 09:31 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny redhorse View Post
PLEASE tell me why we CAN'T blame them?
They don't want to die of covid-19. New York is thoroughly infested. I don't have a home in another state or money to stay in hotels for months, but a lot of New Yorkers do. Trump has decided not to quarantine New York now so expect New Yorkers to come to your states. I think Trump is making a mistake.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeanneLynn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 09:34 PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanked 23,566 Times in 6,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneLynn View Post
They don't want to die of covid-19. New York is thoroughly infested. I don't have a home in another state or money to stay in hotels for months, but a lot of New Yorkers do. Trump has decided not to quarantine New York now so expect New Yorkers to come to your states. I think Trump is making a mistake.
I understand what you are saying but think of it like this. If it was millions of Floridians that were infected and they all moved to your town and even next door to you, to try and get away from it, would you still feel the same. Because the way I am reading this is you can't afford to leave so let them leave and infect the rest of the country that way you stay safe for a while. I am not saying that is what you are saying, just that is how it sounds.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalKane49p View Post
Up here in Canada smaller communities are telling people to stay away.
Yeah but luckily for you there's so many places to bug out in Canada that are just the definition of isolation. I used to have a log cabin that was 4 hours in land from the St. Lawrence, white road, private lake with loads of trout, closest neighbour was... I don't even know how far away, a day maybe?

Now that the housing market is going to crash, you should consider buying a home in those kinds of areas, my parents sold that one for 30k and it was in great condition.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elek For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 07:36 AM
More Equal?

Here in TX they have closed a good handful of the state parks, and campgrounds. I would think that this actually would be a good thing, to thin concentrations of people. SIP in your camper? Going for a hike/walk in the woods I would think would be a lot safer/logical than going to a more populated/used neighborhood park or playground?
Old 03-29-2020, 08:01 AM
NRA Life 1971

Thanked 14,680 Times in 6,304 Posts

They are actually keeping all State parks open and encouraging people to visit them. The governor opened fishing season three weeks ahead of schedule.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roseman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 09:17 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost863 View Post
I understand what you are saying but think of it like this. If it was millions of Floridians that were infected and they all moved to your town and even next door to you, to try and get away from it, would you still feel the same. Because the way I am reading this is you can't afford to leave so let them leave and infect the rest of the country that way you stay safe for a while. I am not saying that is what you are saying, just that is how it sounds.
That's not what I'm saying. I believe it was a bad blunder to not shut down domestic travel. People with money don't care though. They have the means to travel and will do it. Also, a lot of possibly infected people are coming to New York from Florida. Florida is probably pretty infested too. The snowbirds are coming home now. Several of my older family members have just returned from their winter in Florida.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeanneLynn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 10:08 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,336 Times in 771 Posts

What I love is that they will not tell us who is infected. I had to learn from the neighbors that my daughters best friend's uncle has it. Sound like a stretch, but we won't go near them.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to spacemanspiff For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 10:19 AM
Target Shooter

My folks have a second home in the lakes region of NH. Their town normally has a population of about 5,000 but swells to about 25,000 in the summer. Lake Winnepesauke is the big lake in NH. Many of the summer folks have already moved up (NY, NJ and CT folks mostly, some MA as well). Should be an interesting season!
The Following User Says Thank You to Azreal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 10:23 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,113 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanspiff View Post
What I love is that they will not tell us who is infected. I had to learn from the neighbors that my daughters best friend's uncle has it. Sound like a stretch, but we won't go near them.

That’s the problem, and why Americans (on the whole) aren’t taking this near on as seriously as we should.

Don’t go near anyone. Simple.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camelfilter For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 10:39 AM
Survivor

Thanked 16,407 Times in 3,289 Posts

The Following User Says Thank You to Jdog67 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 02:05 PM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 8,509 Times in 3,450 Posts

Quote:

That should be public info, so people could determine if they need to be tested, and the virus can be contained. Privacy laws make this a nightmare though. Even if it would be for the best of everyone involved.
The Following User Says Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 02:11 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 61,426 Times in 13,837 Posts
Default Rat out your neighbor

Quote:

Just open your windows so you can hear if anybody is coughing. Then call the police.

Quote:
Last week, Californians began calling the police to report neighbors who were coughing. The New York Post reported that “multiple police departments in Southern California say they have been receiving more 911 calls from residents concerned that their coughing neighbor may have the coronavirus.”
https://www.redstate.com/jeffc/2020/03/27/807453/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 03:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,909 Times in 1,832 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny redhorse View Post
PLEASE tell me why we CAN'T blame them?
Many of the threads here are about bugging out.
People have
- Bug Out Vehicles
- Bug Out Bags
- Bug Out Locations

But now it's suddenly WRONG for New Yorkers to Bug Out?
Meanwhile it's OK for those of us on the green screens to Bug Out
if we feel we need to?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mule Skinner For This Useful Post: