Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from North Georgia X07 New Member Introduction 22 04-07-2013 08:38 PM
Hello From North Georgia crazyak2003 New Member Introduction 8 07-09-2012 01:12 PM
Hello From North Georgia Un-Elect 'Em All New Member Introduction 9 07-04-2012 12:30 AM
New from North Georgia canoecanoe New Member Introduction 13 01-25-2012 07:08 PM
Hello from North Georgia undefined New Member Introduction 17 01-17-2012 08:52 PM
New from North Georgia Marines42 New Member Introduction 18 05-05-2011 10:15 AM
New from North Georgia shrimpwd New Member Introduction 14 08-27-2010 03:17 PM
hello From north Georgia blade New Member Introduction 24 07-06-2009 07:39 PM
New from North Georgia OldBoyScout New Member Introduction 17 07-01-2009 04:32 PM
North Georgia Tango_Delta_Kilo New Member Introduction 7 11-06-2008 04:33 PM

Old 03-22-2019, 12:39 PM

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade View Post
Sounds good. There are several of us up this way, would be good to meet a few folks.

Also, what distance of range? Several people would like to air out a rifle 2-3 hundred yards. Not too many places in the north regions.

Another note, like RevJammer, I am a member of The Georgia preppers network. A good group of folks. Give them a look. A Fire arms instructor would be handy to tell what we need to improve on.

Thanks, Blade
I am also a weapons instructor based in Cumming Ga. would be glad to give advise or instruction anytime.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2019, 01:06 PM

Is this still active? I am in Dahlonega. I would love to get to know others in the area.
The Following User Says Thank You to JimBrown For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2019, 12:47 AM

Well this thing hasn't been chatted on in a while has it? So here we go. I live near Rome do have access to some places to shoot limited to 500 yards or less unless we want to drive a couple of hours and of course it's at that point we can go up to 1400 yards. I've taught pistol craft. CQB. Of course an AR I think everybody on the planet has seen one unfortunately those that don't know anything about them call them assault weapons. Do run a shotgun but it's not my forte, but I do love a shotgun. And of course I run a syer SSG but it's in 308 and if you of course get a 6.5 creedmoor you immediately gain a half a mile of range. Lol no it's actually a good cartridge but if I was going to buy one to replace or work with my 308 it would not be my first choice. Probably a Sherman short mag. or if I had to go completely commercial a 6.5 PRC are a 280 AI. now if you're talking about building a rifle well that's a whole new ball game and we have a whole lot to talk about. That seems like enough for first post. Hit me up and we'll see what we can do. Oh and I work weekend nights and of course do training and other things during the week occasionally and unfortunately I've only got to do the shooting out of a helicopter twice so far but looking forward to more!!!!!
Old 12-09-2019, 10:42 AM

Default Possible interest

I had a place in Lyerly, but had to sell it.
I'm SW of Atlanta, but a 2 hr. drive to do some outdoor shooting may be worth it.
I have a grandson, Marine reserve, that also may be interested.
I will watch for any updates on this and get back, but may not be till next year.
Thanks for the invite.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:08 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,469 Times in 2,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erd View Post
Hey everyone! It looks like about eight people are or might be interested in getting together for a little knowledge exchange and training. That's a fair start. I also have a 36 X 60 green house that can grow food year round. I welcome survivalist that farming and agriculture is their strong points. One of the most important members of a survival group is the person that can grow a nice big sweat tomato.
Which is the best day to get together? Saturday or Sunday? This would be an introduction type meeting with some range shooting and organizational discussion. I would like to make the event an all day event and just maybe a BBQ will break out.
I am located close to Blueridge but closer to Ellijay just off the 515.
Anyone have a big mower and want some free hay? I got about 6 acres of grass that needs cutting.
Roughly how far away are you from Walnut Mountain in Elijay? We have a "mountain home" in there. I personally would prefer a mountain cabin with tons of acres and no neighbors, but this was my wife's deal so it is what it is. I would be very interested in meeting up next time we go up there (we are only an hour away from the cabin).

Last edited by FalconsBravesHawks; 12-09-2019 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: just noticed i replied to a 5 year old thread, lol, whoops