riot gun ineffective >25m. - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Shotgun Forum Mossberg, Winchester, Remington, Benelli....

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zero gun experience or knowledge. Where to start? SingleMomPrepper Firearms General Discussion 99 03-12-2018 02:55 PM
Another anti gun film, this time with a twist Mr. Sockpuppet General Discussion 6 02-26-2018 08:19 PM
they aren't really trying to take your guns deprogramming services General Discussion 25 02-19-2018 03:10 PM
Best Gun Safe for Getting Your Gun (in a panic) JOracle Firearms General Discussion 48 10-24-2017 02:33 AM

Old 03-17-2018, 03:14 PM

Default riot gun ineffective >25m.

Advertise Here

given standard 00 buck. The pattern will be at least 20" wide. remember pi r squared? the 20" diameter means a 10" radius. 10x10 is 100x 3.14, 314 sq inches, divided by 9 pellets means 35 sq inches for each pellet, on average. The 10" circle of a man's vitals has just 78 sq inches. So you get 2, maybe 3 pellet hits. At that range, they are hitting about like a 38lrn from a snubbie, at 10 ft (ie, not very effective at ALL) The man can be standing sideways to you just as easy as full frontal. He can be a skinny meth head teenager, (ie, 8" wide) average that in with a 12" wide guy, crouched, using cover, etc, That's why we picked the 10" circle for the IPSC target vitals, btw)

Many guns, will have a 25" wide pattern at 25m, or 20" at 20m. different loads, different barrels, different pellet sizes, pattern differently. Also, your pattern will not be centered on the guy. If you were going to take the time to do that, with $1 a shot slugs or buck, you'd be the type to practice 10x as much with 223, suppressor and .22lr training, 6c per shot, shot-timer, conversion unit, cause it's a far more versatile rig than any shotgun.

At 5 yds from the muzzle, (ie, in your home) the pattern will be just 4-5" wide, so you'll have to aim it just like you would a
rifle. A shotgun is nothing like as effective and easy to use as people "think" it is. The blast is horrific indoors, so you'll need earmuffs (electronic, both ears, so you can tell where sound is coming from) and the flash at night is so bad that it will dazzle your eyes for at least a full minute, too. The shotgun does not handle like any fighting rifle, safety's different, etc. So training with it is "un-training" you for the rifle. bad idea, since the shotgun is nearly worthless for shtf.
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2018, 03:31 PM
AimSmallMissSmall

Thanked 1,889 Times in 605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahhe View Post
given standard 00 buck. The pattern will be at least 20" wide. remember pi r squared? the 20" diameter means a 10" radius. 10x10 is 100x 3.14, 314 sq inches, divided by 9 pellets means 35 sq inches for each pellet, on average. The 10" circle of a man's vitals has just 78 sq inches. So you get 2, maybe 3 pellet hits. At that range, they are hitting about like a 38lrn from a snubbie, at 10 ft (ie, not very effective at ALL) The man can be standing sideways to you just as easy as full frontal. He can be a skinny meth head teenager, (ie, 8" wide) average that in with a 12" wide guy, crouched, using cover, etc, That's why we picked the 10" circle for the IPSC target vitals, btw)

Many guns, will have a 25" wide pattern at 25m, or 20" at 20m. different loads, different barrels, different pellet sizes, pattern differently. Also, your pattern will not be centered on the guy. If you were going to take the time to do that, with $1 a shot slugs or buck, you'd be the type to practice 10x as much with 223, suppressor and .22lr training, 6c per shot, shot-timer, conversion unit, cause it's a far more versatile rig than any shotgun.

At 5 yds from the muzzle, (ie, in your home) the pattern will be just 4-5" wide, so you'll have to aim it just like you would a
rifle. A shotgun is nothing like as effective and easy to use as people "think" it is. The blast is horrific indoors, so you'll need earmuffs (electronic, both ears, so you can tell where sound is coming from) and the flash at night is so bad that it will dazzle your eyes for at least a full minute, too. The shotgun does not handle like any fighting rifle, safety's different, etc. So training with it is "un-training" you for the rifle. bad idea, since the shotgun is nearly worthless for shtf.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rustednail For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 03:51 PM
Jus' a bear

does it ever stop?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ralioth For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2018, 03:53 PM
feeling my age

now where's that popcorn.

bob
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vonfatman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 04:10 PM
Deplorable

Thanked 13,849 Times in 3,506 Posts

Quote:

Is this three paragraphs of bull**** derived from actual personal experience, or simply your own special brand of rectal regurgitation?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Popeye Doyle For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 04:11 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,977 Times in 3,788 Posts

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????? JMO
Old 03-17-2018, 04:12 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,064 Posts

Dealing with Gunkid is like watching a naked, drunk guy lay on the ground and pi$$ straight up in the air!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dcliffhanger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 04:42 PM
Survivor

Location: Outside the Moderate Damage Radius, over the mountain and far away.
Thanked 5,778 Times in 1,947 Posts

Quote:

Many guns, will have a 25" wide pattern at 25m, or 20" at 20m.
This would be correct if you were shooting WW2-era guns and ammunition.

With Federal 9 pellet 00 buck FCS in at 25 yards all 9 pellets hit in the 7 ring or better of a Police B27 target using a stock Remington police shotgun with 18-inch barrel.

How many MODERN police shotguns and loads have YOU patterned?

http://le.atk.com/pdf/Shotshell_Data_Book.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OlinMil00at25yds..JPG
Views:	97
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	258378  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Outpost75 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 05:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,652 Times in 904 Posts

LMAO. I had my TAC 14 out today shooting clays in the back yard. With 1 1/8oz and 1 1/4oz 7.5 and 8 shot I was hitting fine pretty far out. Looking down the top of the firearm like I would if it had a full stock. Shot some federal steel game and target 6 shot 1oz and range was a bit farther out on good hits. It’s a solid 25 yard gun with LE132, LE127 and LE133 adds a few yards. F127 is good a little closer. I’ve had a few crows get too close and get blasted from the sky with the 26” overall length firearm and 14” barrel.

This dudes a whack job. I’ve been present for 12 gauge and 5.56 and 9mm, 45 shot indoors (and others) during work and by far 5.56 is the worst and for some reason 45 is a bit louder than the higher psi 9mm. The Federal LE buckshot loads barely have a faint orange glow for muzzle flash in the dark (from a 14” barrel). The OP sure does think he can think some facts. They’re bat**** crazy is what they are.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dusty Bones For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcliffhanger View Post
Dealing with Gunkid is like watching a naked, drunk guy lay on the ground and pi$$ straight up in the air!
First thing I thought of was gunkid as well. Joined this month, over 100 posts and sounds like a retard- yep, wonder who that could be? I thought I'd read somewhere that stupid SOB had croaked though.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:03 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,033 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajatacoma View Post
First thing I thought of was gunkid as well. Joined this month, over 100 posts and sounds like a retard- yep, wonder who that could be? I thought I'd read somewhere that stupid SOB had croaked though.
Same here. The problem is Gunkid wasn't even an entertaining troll.

Fred...now THERE was a troll!
Old 03-17-2018, 07:32 PM
Deplorable

Thanked 13,849 Times in 3,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajatacoma View Post
Maybe he keeled over after a marathon session playing Call of Duty in the basement.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Popeye Doyle For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 07:35 PM
Ingloriously Deplorable

Thanked 7,054 Times in 2,075 Posts

LOL, another keyboard warrior. Call of duty taught this guy everything he knows......
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockwell Torrey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 07:57 PM
MAGA

Thanked 15,202 Times in 4,404 Posts

I think a Call of Duty gamer would be more knowledgeable on such matters.
I think we have a full blown Halo player here.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harbinger1972 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 08:43 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,002 Times in 1,068 Posts

Damn i hate those games, i always die.
Im glad huntin season aint as hard as the video games. Them damn deer in the games gotta be wearin full body armor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cowboypapa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 09:01 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,100 Times in 4,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwell Torrey View Post
LOL, another keyboard warrior. Call of duty taught this guy everything he knows......
All joking aside, battlefield 4 got more fun for me after taking AMIS by shivworks, and angles and depth works in video games, too!
Old 03-17-2018, 09:23 PM

I have never played a single such game. You have never even patterned such loads and barrels, or you'd know that I'm correct.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:28 PM
Hunting in Oklahoma

Thanked 3,181 Times in 909 Posts

Quote:
I have never played a single such game. You have never even patterned such loads and barrels, or you'd know that I'm correct.
Go buy a box of federal flitecontrol and shoot it then get back to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to KHos For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 09:35 PM
MAGA

Thanked 15,202 Times in 4,404 Posts

Quote:
I have never been out of mom's basement. Nor have I ever even patterned such loads and barrels, you know that I'm correct.

Fixed it for you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harbinger1972 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 11:00 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,100 Times in 4,500 Posts

Quote:
I've posted more videos and pictures of shotgun buckshot patterns on here than I can count. Go experience doing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unobtanium For This Useful Post: