Military Based/Inspired SHTF Firearms Loadout - Page 6 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here

Old 09-05-2019, 07:55 PM

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by infntryman86 View Post
my load out is similar but better than the one I was issued.
High cut mitch helmet with strobe
Chase Tactical LOPC
8 mags
Pvs14 night vision
SOLGW M4 post dealer sample full auto
Changed my Pistol to a USP 45 tactical with Rebel Suppressor
3 mags for my USP 45
for Comms I went with a Bowman 4855 PRR
Nice set up man!
Are those ears on your helmet? I need some for mine. Plus I'd like a mike. But so much money has been spent on several load outs that I hesitate getting the ears. Think when I looked into them they were like $600
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniel8 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 12:54 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,200 Times in 1,392 Posts

I think the biggest issue I see with your selections is that they are predicated on perceived combat efficiency in a relatively urban setting. In a real SHTF, your survivability may depend upon studiously avoiding such places in the first place. High population density areas are most likely going to run out of food and face serious sanitation/health issues first. They will certainly be the worst spots for violence very quickly. You don't want to be there, and given your current location you really don't need to be. Utah and Colorado have vast areas of relatively low population density and wide open spaces within reach.

Assuming you come to realize that city life may be short and brutal, restricting your effectiveness to a couple hundred yards when you may need to move to an area where many people will own scoped hunting rifles capable of accurate fire at much longer ranges (along with the line of sight to make such shots) seems short sighted to me. Hint: You will want to be armed with something that has equivalent range or better than your likely adversaries. They probably won't be as much "gang-bangers" with glocks as they will be hungry "fudds" with hunting rifles once you get outside of the urban areas. Especially those misguided folks that think they can run off to the woods to feed their families by hunting once the pantry runs dry.

While you might start out in a city, you'll want to get out of there as soon as possible as things fall apart. Why "patrol" at all in an environment where your life expectancy will be severely diminished? Especially when you can move to a far less deadly rural area relatively quickly? I would suggest revisiting your choices with a thought toward what would work better in a rural environment. Find a more secluded place you can go to while the worst of the post catastrophe collapse is underway and be prepared to defend it with an appropriate array of weaponry and tactics. In other words, make rural friends and cultivate them so you have some place to go that is not a city and help them defend it with suitable weaponry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fenrell For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 12:18 PM
Target Shooter

The OP's original post is the gift that keeps giving. Just keeps getting better as you make your way down that schpeel. Far more entertaining and imaginative than those NV post's where he just dictated what equipment every REAL prepper needed to invest in.

For me, the highlights include the waist mounted sword, "completely silent" , and the defiant "I'm not kidding."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to T.$.Racing For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.$.Racing View Post
The OP's original post is the gift that keeps giving. Just keeps getting better as you make your way down that schpeel. Far more entertaining and imaginative than those NV post's where he just dictated what equipment every REAL prepper needed to invest in.

For me, the highlights include the waist mounted sword, "completely silent" , and the defiant "I'm not kidding."

Yes the overall thread is very comical. But maybe the OP will reconsider and end up with the correct rifle.
But probably shouldn't laugh... you're in Chicago dude LMAO
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daniel8 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 08:21 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel8 View Post
Yes the overall thread is very comical. But maybe the OP will reconsider and end up with the correct rifle.
But probably shouldn't laugh... you're in Chicago dude LMAO
That means what exactly?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T.$.Racing For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
That means what exactly?

Well, this is a survivalist / prepper forum. We are talking about prepping and surviving SHTF type events. If you don't know what I mean then your in same category of confusion as a prepper as the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel8 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 08:29 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Well, this is a survivalist / prepper forum. We are talking about prepping and surviving SHTF type events. If you don't know what I mean then your in same category of confusion as a prepper as the OP.
Good one
The Following User Says Thank You to T.$.Racing For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Good one
haha. Glad you took it well. Now... How's your bug out plan? You heading to MI or MN? MN has lots of lakes. The north end of the southern peninsula of MI has farms and lots of Cherries and apples ect. But both Chicago and Detroit at its feet.
I'd recommend if you stay in Chicago to plan a bug out north west around WI into the U.P. Don't go north east thru MI to the bridge between upper and northern MI. The locals will surely block it.
Better yet get a boat. Then think about getting to the north side of the UP. Don't think that bad guys won't turn pirate and use the lakes.
I grew up in MI btw. Have family in Traverse City. And I am very strategy oriented in what i do.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:23 AM

Wallaceengineering,

1. Your rifle choice is fine. A low powered sight and sling are good accessories. I’d skip the flashlight, foregrip, and suppressor. Forget about the crossbow.

2. The handgun is fine. Again, skip the flashlight and suppressor. I’d opt for traditional sights over a red dot. Forget about the .22.

3. Don’t get a long knife. Get a full tang fixed blade that comes with sheath you can easily access. Expect to use it for cutting things, not fighting with.

4. I don’t see a need for body armor or NVGs, but you do you. If you get NVGs just know that they are expensive and need a lot of maintenance. Scratching the lenses, replacing the filters, etc...

Big picture dude, don’t get caught up in the minutia. You’re not a commando whose job is to max perform your gear while applying tactics with other teammates. You won’t be patrolling, kicking down doors, or any of the other stuff the military does. You won’t have a base or air drops to resupply yourself. You won’t have a team and you won’t have the training. Just pick gear that you’re good at using, is easy to maintain, and cheap to fix.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dread11 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 09:25 AM
Prepared

"This is a prepping site and if you're not in the woods on satellite internet with barrels of rice and cowering in fear you're not doing it right!"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vodka Wizard For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 02:18 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,158 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Nice set up man!
Are those ears on your helmet? I need some for mine. Plus I'd like a mike. But so much money has been spent on several load outs that I hesitate getting the ears. Think when I looked into them they were like $600
Yes they are but these are for my old radios, I have upgraded to the Selex H4855 and i actually like their selection of ears better.
The Following User Says Thank You to infntryman86 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 02:35 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,492 Times in 3,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallacengineering View Post
Yes, scavenging would of course be the last/final option after running out of supplies, that is what I had meant.

I do have some experience growing my own food, albeit on a very small scale. As for power, there are a few ways to go about and Im not really sure what is best.

Generators are easy to power if you have fuel, and fairly easy to service. They also put out alot of power. But run out of fuel and ur screwed. And the noise? Not great if ur trying to lay low. Then we have solar panels that are perfectly quiet but pick up much less power and do not help at night for obvious reasons.

I do have defense and patrol strategies in mind, just need a community to join.

Im never been the best at long shooting and so that is another reason Im shying away from long guns. I would be much better suited as a patrol for a community rather than a lookout. But if I can own both rifles and pass the SAPR on, then thats great.
In that case, you would be a limiting factor in an actual patrol. ( The reason why I would keep you as a lookout in the first place.

Also be advised that you willfully put yourself inside of effective pcc and shotgun range too boot.

Already posted the other more detailed things, but it seems you didnt read them and focus on other things that have nothing to do with subject at hand.

But......the big issue I see you in now = lone wolf.
A one man patrol is not a patrol.

One course of action as follows......

Mitigate risks and focus on the following........

EnE, tracking/ counter tracking and lightweight weapon and ammo ...... ( In short, utilize the " small footprint" as much towards your favor as possible.)

Suppressed 22lr rifle with good quality iron sights along with your handgun of choice. ( 100rds of 22lr = 3/4 lbs)

Night vision ok but not mandatory if you develop other skills. ( Thermal imaging would be a much better asset if you must have a battery powered device on hand.)

Dump the sword and crossbow. Add a small axe/ hatchet/ tomahawk. ( Knives are so essential that it should not need to be mentioned.)

Cache program kicked off asap.

Number one " prep" that everyone should consider still applies.

11B
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fragout For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodka Wizard View Post
"This is a prepping site and if you're not in the woods on satellite internet with barrels of rice and cowering in fear you're not doing it right!"

Have all of the above LOL!

Cept my fear is well, directed usually haha.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniel8 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 09:00 PM
Target Shooter

Dread I think you're wrong about 1 thing, a WML is absolutely a necessity. not just for SHTF but PD as well. personally I dont want to hear a bump in the night fire off a few rounds to find out it was my S/O or kid. but to each their own. It can also be used as a deterrent, to let someone know you see them and arent effn around.

I do own suppressors but that I dont feel in something you must have. just my personal choice

Body armor I also think is a good choice but again not a must have. but it can save your life and has saved many lives.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 273andme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 11:27 PM
Target Shooter

This is what Im grabbing when I have to go. It is all packaged nicely together ready to roll. Ill leave out the provisions OP didn’t seem to concerned about ie specifics food water medical
-10.5”AR-15, eotech, magnifier, vrt grip, trigger, enhanced BCG, suppressor, BUIS(absolute co-w), mag release, bolt catch ambi Ch handle, slingster, surefire 350lmn light, 10 mags that are translucent because its easy to see if they are full or empty etc.
-18” upper than fits nicely in the drop down of the zip on pack of my JPC , with bipod and 1-8x optic(for longer shots)
-Sig P320 tack ops, suppressor, light and trigger kit 3 mags
-G19, trigger light and night sights 3 mags(edc)
-Plate carrier (JPC ), LVL IV plates,.
-Belt has more useful things...
- 1 fixed blade, 1 folder, 2 multi tools with different purposes and a small hatchet
As far as guns, knives, sticks, cross bows, ninja swords, sling shots, pepper spray and attack helicopters(weapons) go that’s the gist of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to 273andme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 273andme View Post
This is what Im grabbing when I have to go. It is all packaged nicely together ready to roll. Ill leave out the provisions OP didnít seem to concerned about ie specifics food water medical
-10.5ĒAR-15, eotech, magnifier, vrt grip, trigger, enhanced BCG, suppressor, BUIS(absolute co-w), mag release, bolt catch ambi Ch handle, slingster, surefire 350lmn light, 10 mags that are translucent because its easy to see if they are full or empty etc.
-18Ē upper than fits nicely in the drop down of the zip on pack of my JPC , with bipod and 1-8x optic(for longer shots)
- 1 fixed blade, 1 folder, 2 multi tools with different purposes and a small hatchet
As far as guns, knives, sticks, cross bows, ninja swords, sling shots, pepper spray and attack helicopters(weapons) go thatís the gist of it.

Your AR has a mag release???
Just playing!

Get a drop leg dump pouch on your belt. Faster for dumping your mags.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 273andme View Post
This is what Im grabbing when I have to go. It is all packaged nicely together ready to roll. Ill leave out the provisions OP didnít seem to concerned about ie specifics food water medical
-10.5ĒAR-15, eotech, magnifier, vrt grip, trigger, enhanced BCG, suppressor, BUIS(absolute co-w), mag release, bolt catch ambi Ch handle, slingster, surefire 350lmn light, 10 mags that are translucent because its easy to see if they are full or empty etc.
-18Ē upper than fits nicely in the drop down of the zip on pack of my JPC , with bipod and 1-8x optic(for longer shots)
As far as guns, knives, sticks, cross bows, ninja swords, sling shots, pepper spray and attack helicopters(weapons) go thatís the gist of it.
If you have a bug out destination consider leaving your PC there.
If you are bugging out in first day or so you shouldn't be shot at on the road. And you will have one heck of a haul with that weight. Most people will not have ganged up at that point and if you go with your AR and are cammoed up even others with shooting skills wont really want to engage. It's not like you'll have a lot to take really. Driving a truck load of food would be different.
Now that said if you have a vehicle that you are should would run if the grid were to get fried by EMP then you might as well have your PC on. I'm just thinking weight and getting the hell out of dodge fast.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:19 AM
Anyone seen my dog?

Thanked 1,008 Times in 352 Posts

God almighty, this post made my head hurt. 5.56 this, 7.62 that. You need to load out for total war with no resupply, no, go light too much stuff to tote. You need this, no you need that. A sword.. what a noob, don't listen to them, you need a claymore.

Here you go,

Rifle - Get one you like and can shoot. Take advise, but handle the weapons and see if it's right for you. A .22 can kill something as dead as a .50 cal ( not really, .50's rock! ) Shoot the different weapons if you can, to help decide what's right for you. Of all my weapons, I prefer the Marlin .444 and will pick it up before the AR, AK, or others. I like the rifle, I can shoot the rifle verrrry well, and I trust the rifle. Yes it has a limited round capacity, but shot placement and reload practice makes up for that. Personal choice. My buddy uses a BAR in .30-06, and another carries a Ruger 1022 with 30 rnd mags. Both are also verrry good with their chosen weapons.

Sidearm - See above, but go for a 10mm if you find it suits your needs. Glock or Springfield. Better stopping power. Keep your 9mm as a backup.

Knife - See above. Get the ones that feel right in your hand. Cold Steel trailmaster, a Seal Pup, and a large folder. Yes, three knives. Carry all three. You'll thank me later.

As for armor, hell, get the best you can, who wants to eat a round you don't have to.

Most accessories for firearms are bull****. I went through lasers, holo sights, lights, ect. I even have a knife from K-Bar that attaches like a bayonete to a pistol (I still don't know why I bought it. ) I keep a flashlight on the Sagia 12, and a couple of ACOG's on battle rifles, but trashed the rest. Better things to spend you hard earned money on that will benifit you more in the long run. Such as magazines, ammo, a decent sling, better armor........

Yeah, one final note. Don't bother asking me bull**** questions, they will go unanswered. Same for proofs, certs, documents, or the time of day. It will not be forth coming. Call me what ever names you like. Water off a duck. Insult me, I don't know you, therefore to me you opinion is nothing. Tell me to go away, I wont. Cry and wail. Go ahead, it stimulates the sadist in me. No matter what you do or say, you can't win, you wont break even. You can't bait me into anything. I say these things not to **** you off, but to save you the energy of replying and allow you to direct that energy into a more productive avenue for yourself. Try some of those nice self help books, or watch a survival video. Have a great day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ray charles For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 08:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,517 Times in 3,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by recklessdriver View Post
You can't use modern 3006 in a Garrand.

It's a heavy weapon with limited potential and by the end of ww2 was a relic
Yes you can as long as its 150 gr or less. Hotter ammo = schusterplug to fix that.
The Following User Says Thank You to hoplite59 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 08:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,609 Times in 6,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodka Wizard View Post
I don't like rice that much , now i do have satellite internet , I do live in the woods but cowering in fear just ain't my style , I like popcorn for the a main stay shtf prep. LOL and S/FI!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TENNGRIZZ For This Useful Post: