Pro vault safe by liberty safe company - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Liberty Safe Upgrade (Pics included) patriots1787 Firearms General Discussion 7 12-10-2014 08:30 AM
Gunvault GVB1000 Mini Vault Biometric Gun Safe - $149.99 + Free Shipping (Record Low) apps47inc For Sale 0 06-22-2014 04:07 PM
Gunvault GV1000C-STD Mini Vault Standard Gun Safe - $82.56 shipped apps47inc For Sale 0 05-30-2014 09:07 AM
Liberty Safe vs Patriot Safe...please chime in njmomto3 Firearms General Discussion 32 02-04-2014 10:21 PM
Liberty Fat Boy Safe AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 12-31-2013 11:30 AM
Gunvault GV1000C-STD Mini Vault Standard Gun Safe + Free Shipping - $74.70 Record Low apps47inc For Sale 0 07-11-2013 05:18 PM
Liberty Fatboy Safe JoeKan Firearms General Discussion 22 03-10-2013 06:45 PM
Safe & Vault Security - Diversion Tactics & Tips BJJ_Grappler General Discussion 23 03-07-2013 07:11 PM
Cannon Safe Safari 5940 Wide Body Firearm Safe - $799.99 shipped apps47inc For Sale 0 03-11-2012 08:20 PM
Gun Vault / Gun Safe Rutger Firearms General Discussion 10 08-23-2008 11:04 PM

Old 02-23-2014, 11:56 PM
Hunter

Default Pro vault safe by liberty safe company

Advertise Here

I wanted to do a full write up on this safe because no one else has online.

As some of you may know, I more or less live my life traveling... For example, I've been in Colorado for roughly 2 months now and will likely be here for another 5 months if not through the rest of the year until I move again. Anyways, I wanted a light, small safe for living on the road. Something easy to load and unload fro one place to another. I went to the Cabelas here locally and bought the 12 gun provault safe for $400. Well in the warehouse no one could figure out how to get it to lock and unlock so I got a free upgrade to the 18 gun safe (later figured out that they were just using the dial wrong... Go figure)... Anyways, didn't want the larger safe but took it anyways... Figured an extra 60 pounds wouldn't make much of a difference.

Got the safe to the place I'm staying at... DARN it's awkward to move a 300 pound cube... After getting it up a set of steps via laying it down and then standing it back up (sucks... No questions about it) we realize we can take the door off (100 pounds alone right there). With the door off it was much easier to move and maneuver.

Anyways, overall... This safe is about what you'd expect from a $400-500 safe... It hold guns and it's not exactly easy to break into... Could it be broken into? Of course, but that's going to take atleast an hour with the right tools, 2+ with the the average tool a thief would maybe have and considering how the average home breakin is less than 15mins... and it takes atleast 45mins to just roll the safe out of this house... I feel pretty safe.

The locking mechanism is a series of movable steel plates on the r/h and l/h side. The Left is fixed where as the right side move with the handle. Not a whole lot, not the best design but hey... It works. Interior is decent as is the exterior. I'd recommend it to a friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0257.jpg
Views:	1264
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	83964   Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0259.jpg
Views:	1235
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	83965   Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0260.jpg
Views:	1124
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	83966  
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2014, 06:55 AM
I love this forum

Good purchase if you did not please purchase a dehumidifier for it you fire are finish will thank you.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 24,735 Times in 8,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettboat View Post
It hold guns and it's not exactly easy to break into... Could it be broken into? Of course, but that's going to take atleast an hour with the right tools, 2+ with the the average tool a thief would maybe have and considering how the average home breakin is less than 15mins... and it takes atleast 45mins to just roll the safe out of this house... I feel pretty safe.
I hate to rain on your parade, but you have a very false sense of security.

Your gun cabinet is constructed of 14 gauge steel (0.0747", 1.98mm).

Most of the cheapo gun safes are at least 12 gauge (0.1046", 2.66mm) .

This knife has a thicker blade (.12") than your safe has walls:

http://www.bladereviews101.com/2014/...er-design.html

It would take less than 5 minutes to get into your box.

On the plus side, it's better than a cardboard box, but not by much.

Here is a video of some people breaking into residential security containers with thicker walls than yours.

Then watch this for the truth:

The Following User Says Thank You to BJJ_Grappler For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJJ_Grappler View Post
I hate to rain on your parade, but you have a very false sense of security.

Your gun cabinet is constructed of 14 gauge steel (0.0747", 1.98mm).

Most of the cheapo gun safes are at least 12 gauge (0.1046", 2.66mm) .

On the plus side, it's better than a cardboard box, but not by much.
+1....14 gauge can be hacked through with an axe and crowbar pretty easily & quickly (well under an hr).

Those locking plates/fins are nowhere near as good as locking round bolts either.

FWIW make sure you at least lag that cabinet to the subfloor/concrete/studs so they can just walk off with it. You'd be surprised how easy 2 guys can move something like that if its free standing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter2678 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2014, 06:17 AM
Hunter

Nothing is ever good enough for you people... I needed a light safe because I live on the road, this is about the lightest rifle safe I could get. IT's good enough to keep the random roommates I have in every city from stealing my ****.

As for how easy it is to move, eh.... Took me and another guy 45 mins to move it inside the house. it's pretty deep inside... If I wanted an awesome safe, I would have gotten a ft. Knox safe. But I didn't need, nor want that. ****'s too heavy for a guy who has to move every 5-8 months.

As for the time it'd take to get in the safe... I'd say longer than 5. You're not going to be able to pry on it unless you drop it on the ground (back down)... "That's going to take alot of time considring how you'd have to move it outside the closet it's in... I'd say you'd need a 8-12 inch grinding wheel. Pretty uncommon tool. Plus if it were me, I'd be going after TVs and **** like that. Not wasting time on on that safe lol.

I say good enough for what you're getting.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:15 AM
I love this forum

I have one of the cosco specials for now and doing a break in one year ago they didn't even try the safe.. When I mounted my safe to the floor I used 20 in long bolts that allowed me to Han a price of uni stut under it... Bolt goes through the for by the beams into the stut.
The stut is long enough that it is caches five of the 2x8 beams on the front and another in the back.. Short of crawling under the house and cutting the bolts you cannot pull it over Wich means you got to pry why it is standing up..
I'm a union iron worker jornman rated so steel is something I know about..
This is my 2 cents the best safe is the one they didn't find and a not the best one I use is better than a great one I count use because it's to heavy and my floors don't rate the weight load...
Old 03-01-2014, 05:18 AM
Survivor

Thanked 24,735 Times in 8,204 Posts

Quote:
Nothing is ever good enough for you people...
Everything was okay until you showed your ignorance.

Quote:
. Could it be broken into? Of course, but that's going to take atleast an hour with the right tools, 2+ with the the average tool a thief would maybe have and considering how the average home breakin is less than 15mins... and it takes atleast 45mins to just roll the safe out of this house... I feel pretty safe..
Should have been more like

Quote:
. Could it be broken into? Of course, but that's going to take atleast 2 mins with the right tools, 4+ minutes with the the average tool a thief would maybe have and considering how the average home breakin is less than 15mins... and it takes atleast 15mins to just roll the safe out of this house... I feel pretty safe..