Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pack More Guns into your Safe with this Safe Makeover AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 5 09-02-2015 11:30 PM
BIGHORN 19ECB Safe Holds up to 24 Long Guns - $600 shipped @ Costco (30min fire safe) apps47inc For Sale 0 07-18-2014 01:09 PM
Fortress Safe Quick Access Pistol Safe w/ Keypad Lock - $89.99 apps47inc For Sale 0 05-23-2014 09:15 AM
Pro vault safe by liberty safe company Brettboat Firearms General Discussion 6 03-01-2014 05:18 AM
Cannon Safe Safari 5940 Wide Body Firearm Safe - $799.99 shipped apps47inc For Sale 0 03-11-2012 08:20 PM
Sentry Safe GM2459C Fireproof Gun Safe - 24 Gun Cope's Distribuitng For Sale 0 02-20-2012 10:21 AM
Sentry Safe G1055E Gun Safe Holds 10 Guns Cope's Distribuitng For Sale 0 02-20-2012 10:21 AM
Big Horn Safe VS Winchester Safe? Which one do you pick? Reason Political News and Discussion 5 01-30-2012 04:37 PM
US Office of Safe Schools Newsletter Ophir Political News and Discussion 3 12-12-2009 02:57 AM

Old 04-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Master Mason

Thanked 6,037 Times in 1,763 Posts
Default S. 649: Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013

Advertise Here

S. 649: Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013

You can track the voting here.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s649

19% chance of being enacted.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigJim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Survivor

Thanked 45,415 Times in 13,307 Posts

If I am reading this correctly, this still bans private sales.

It just exempts transfers between spouses and wills and between buddies at the range. Am I reading this wrong? Anyone well versed in legalese?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Thanked 66,357 Times in 22,045 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post
If I am reading this correctly, this still bans private sales.

It just exempts transfers between spouses and wills and between buddies at the range. Am I reading this wrong? Anyone well versed in legalese?
It bans private sales completely.

It also penalizes states for not providing data to the NCIS database and enforces updates to that. It is behind now, but I'm sure I misread something or did not read what the inclusion for denial is in NCIS right now.

This, then add the new proposed bill they're voting on today (11APR2013 @ 1100 est) that I still cannot find the text or valid summary on. I am so very tired of the encroachment of our rights. Are they going to 'inspect' my home to ensure I sold some handguns a few months ago and that I do not own them? It was legal then. Or, are 'they' going to penalize me for something done in the past (as NYS is doing) as if it had been conducted today.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
It bans private sales completely.

It also penalizes states for not providing data to the NCIS database and enforces updates to that. It is behind now, but I'm sure I misread something or did not read what the inclusion for denial is in NCIS right now.

This, then add the new proposed bill they're voting on today (11APR2013 @ 1100 est) that I still cannot find the text or valid summary on. I am so very tired of the encroachment of our rights. Are they going to 'inspect' my home to ensure I sold some handguns a few months ago and that I do not own them? It was legal then. Or, are 'they' going to penalize me for something done in the past (as NYS is doing) as if it had been conducted today.
Weren't the headlines yesterday that this wasn't going to happen, per the "compromise"? Or did they just lie through their teeth? I'm not surprised....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Weren't the headlines yesterday that this wasn't going to happen, per the "compromise"? Or did they just lie through their teeth? I'm not surprised....
Bending of truth. The 'compromise' bill does nothing, but the amendments to it are something else.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Most Thankful Guy here

Thanked 47,692 Times in 18,821 Posts

So they ARE requiring background checks and sales through authorized dealers for private sales.

Hope this spontaneously combusts on the House floor.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:18 AM
Trapper

It also still has the stupid wording about lost or stolen guns as well. So if you go hunting and drop your gun in river, you better make damn sure you make it a phone with 24hrs to report it or you will be spending time in club fed.

Also apparently the want to ban private sales, other than through and FFL, the fact that this has a 19% chance of passing means this country is truly lost.

Why not divide this in three bills instead of putting in one bill, it should be three since the really cover three different things.
The Following User Says Thank You to RogueSpear2023 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2013, 07:38 AM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSpear2023 View Post
It also still has the stupid wording about lost or stolen guns as well. So if you go hunting and drop your gun in river, you better make damn sure you make it a phone with 24hrs to report it or you will be spending time in club fed.

Also apparently the want to ban private sales, other than through and FFL, the fact that this has a 19% chance of passing means this country is truly lost.

Why not divide this in three bills instead of putting in one bill, it should be three since the really cover three different things.
Because it is easier to hide things inside a bill when its grouped together. Just look at the garbage that gets through the legislature, all of it is bristling with pork and amendments.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSpear2023 View Post

I've said this for a long time, and if you think about it, it makes sense. What good would a national registry (universal background checks) do, if you could simply claim you lost it or it was stolen, when the JBT come to your door demanding you hand them over? All the while they're buried in a cache in the backyard.

No, if its a crime to fail to report it, then your options are a) give them your guns, b) claim they are lost and be taken to jail for a felony charge, c) refuse to give them up, they take them and you still go to jail for a felony charge. Of course, there is option D, which involves taking up arms. But the powers that be don't think you've got the guts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Weed 'em and reap

Thanked 122,409 Times in 24,208 Posts

Quote:
I've said this for a long time, and if you think about it, it makes sense. What good would a national registry (universal background checks) do, if you could simply claim you lost it or it was stolen, when the JBT come to your door demanding you hand them over? All the while they're buried in a cache in the backyard.

No, if its a crime to fail to report it, then your options are a) give them your guns, b) claim they are lost and be taken to jail for a felony charge, c) refuse to give them up, they take them and you still go to jail for a felony charge. Of course, there is option D, which involves taking up arms. But the powers that be don't think you've got the guts.
Yes, they do think we have the guts. If they didn't, they wouldn't be dancing so slowly. Every gun control measure has to sit for more than a generation in order to indoctrinate a new generation of youth, and to allow the freedom lost to fall from living memory.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harmless Drudge For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Got to keep on keepin on

Thanked 2,879 Times in 1,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless Drudge View Post
Yes, they do think we have the guts.
If they truly thought "we don't have the guts", they wouldn't need transferred MRAP's, new PDW's and over a billion rounds of ammo on order. They wouldn't be training with "ordinary citizen" targets either to break down the psychological barriers.
I wouldn't want to take bets that some of SOCOM's 5000+ new sniper rifles from Remington don't get "transferred" to DHS as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorIDhunter For This Useful Post: