just bought 16,800 rounds of 22lr - Page 6 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CCI Blazer 22LR 525 Rounds - $15.99, Federal 22LR Bulk Pack - $17.99 + Free Shipping apps47inc For Sale 6 08-20-2016 12:09 PM
.22LR 500 rounds for a $100! libertyforall Firearms General Discussion 48 11-08-2015 11:47 AM
S&W M&P22 Compact .22lr 108390 - $249.99 + FREE Box (222 rounds) of .22LR after MIR apps47inc For Sale 0 09-12-2014 01:44 PM
Buy any .22LR firearm and get 100 rounds of CCI .22LR for free at Webyshops! Webyshops For Sale 1 03-24-2014 04:24 PM
Selling off my .22LR rounds peak_oil General Discussion 83 01-14-2014 01:45 PM
Anyone make their own .22LR rounds? nichalos82 Rifle Forum 10 01-05-2014 11:18 PM
My prepper buddy bought 180 Oz of silver rounds today RKW Financial Forum 26 11-23-2013 07:56 AM
WTB Mossberg .22lr 10 or 25 rounds magazines catfish_hunter Looking for - want to buy 14 01-18-2013 01:13 PM
22lr subsonic rounds using a silencer mainah976 Firearms General Discussion 9 03-29-2012 09:50 AM
Exploding Federal 22LR rounds? rolla91 Firearms General Discussion 9 10-01-2011 10:32 AM

Old 07-08-2013, 01:00 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 18,783 Times in 6,175 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT&T View Post
22lr grizzly.

When I was 11 years old my uncle and I watched his crazy moonshining buddy crawl through the tall grass with his single shot 22lr towards a boar grizzly. He spent 3 hours in the grass. Sometimes the bear grazing around him in a circle. Pretty intense. When the grizz was about 40 feet from him quartering away he fired. The bear bit his side and continued to graze. He crawled out of the grass and we went back 3 hours later. The bear was dead.
No offense to you, but that actually ****es me off. I hate it when folks do crap like that to game. Nothing wrong with hunting, I hunt myself. But if I can't put an animal down fast and clean, I don't take the shot. Be different if it was a survival situation and all you got is a .22, but this isn't.

I took my chances when I first started hunting. I wasn't as selective with my decisions to take a shot as I am now. I made quite a few difficult and iffy shots with success before wounding a deer in the hindquarters. I was way to far out, and the deer was moving. I didn't lead enough, and that deer suffered for it. I don't know how far that deer went, but I tracked it for 3 hours before I got close enough for another shot. I put him down, finally. The rear was wrecked, the meat that I did get wasn't real good. I later found out that adreniline, and long drawn out death will taint the meat.

I ate every bit of it anyway, and from then on I refused to take shots I wasn't sure would be clean. I felt pretty crappy about what I had done.

Anyone that dliberately goes out and shoots an animal with a gun that won't kill it clean is an irresponsibe douche bag that has no respect for the animals that provide us with food. When their time to pass is up, they deserve to go the same way they sent all them critters. Slow.

Sorry for the rant. Can't help it. Hearing stuff like that always sets me off.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Stop YOLOing

Thanked 7,568 Times in 2,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaayas View Post
No offense to you, but that actually ****es me off. I hate it when folks do crap like that to game. Nothing wrong with hunting, I hunt myself. But if I can't put an animal down fast and clean, I don't take the shot. Be different if it was a survival situation and all you got is a .22, but this isn't.

I took my chances when I first started hunting. I wasn't as selective with my decisions to take a shot as I am now. I made quite a few difficult and iffy shots with success before wounding a deer in the hindquarters. I was way to far out, and the deer was moving. I didn't lead enough, and that deer suffered for it. I don't know how far that deer went, but I tracked it for 3 hours before I got close enough for another shot. I put him down, finally. The rear was wrecked, the meat that I did get wasn't real good. I later found out that adreniline, and long drawn out death will taint the meat.

I ate every bit of it anyway, and from then on I refused to take shots I wasn't sure would be clean. I felt pretty crappy about what I had done.

Anyone that dliberately goes out and shoots an animal with a gun that won't kill it clean is an irresponsibe douche bag that has no respect for the animals that provide us with food. When their time to pass is up, they deserve to go the same way they sent all them critters. Slow.

Sorry for the rant. Can't help it. Hearing stuff like that always sets me off.
Respect...
Quick reply to this message