eyeing-oilfields-us-aims-to-reinforce-position-in-syria - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here

Old 10-30-2019, 01:19 PM
Bad Dog

Thanked 18,014 Times in 3,847 Posts

Advertise Here

Some of you are reading this through the distorted filter of the liberal media.

Trump never said anything about protecting the oil fields for our use. We don't need Syria's oil. Taking control of the oil fields is to keep the money from flowing to ISIS and the PKK. The PKK is the radical Marxist-Leninist segment of the Kurds that started the problem with Turkey. The PKK is a terrorist organization. Not all Kurds are allies, and not all Kurds are Christians, which is something the liberal fake news media always fails to mention. According to the Breitbart article below, most Kurds are Sunni Muslim.

PKK = Kurdistan Workers' Party

Five Things You Should Know About the Kurds

Quote:
The PKK is designated as a Foreign Terrorist Organization by the US State Department; in 2018, the United States offered a $12 million reward for information on three PKK leaders
Here is the first line in the MSN article.

Quote:
The United States is committed to reinforcing its military position in Syria "with additional military assets" to prevent oilfields from being taken over by remnants of the Islamic State militant group or by others, a U.S. defense official said on Thursday.
Who else is on the northern border? The "others" are the Turks. Also, note that Trump didn't say it.

Keep in mind that there might not be an ISIS if Obama had not given them the seed money and weapons they needed to get started. They were one of several small groups fighting Assad. We have zero strategic interest in Syria, and we should never have gone in there to begin with.

Not our circus, not our monkey.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2019, 10:07 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,197 Times in 2,854 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumhug View Post
So what you are saying is:
Unless you agree with it you dont' want to hear it.
Others have done this, so this makes it ok.

When you cause the majority of that scrutiny why are you shocked when it comes back at you?
No, I'll try to be more clear here.

The MSM has a tendency in the past 3 years to provide continuously inaccurate accounts that they publish as "news".

Regardless of the side of the isle you want to fish from, the reports are misleading, biased, sensationalized, and when found to be inaccurate, are brushed aside never discussed in an open manner, and instead politicize, and spun where even the "fake" story is accurate because of some vague accuracy, and is then replaced with new fabrications and misleading stories that are yet again never discussed in a fair contextual segment.

I have since stopped watching the POLITICAL ENTERTAINMENT channels.

It has nothing to do with what my political opinions are (as I can easily put on a station to parrot what I "want" to hear), it has to do with me being tired of being treated like some moron who can't actually think as some spindoctor on every single network tells me what to feel about every single thing instead of giving me fact based reporting and allowing me to form my on damn opinion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Im RIght For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2019, 10:39 PM
Survivor

Quote:
So what you are saying is:
Unless you agree with it you dont' want to hear it.
Others have done this, so this makes it ok.

When you cause the majority of that scrutiny why are you shocked when it comes back at you?
Furthermore, because I believe this deserves a 2nd post...

I am sick and tired of having every single damn event that I enjoy that needs to be politicized. I can't watch the NEWS without it being political. I can't watch a comedy show, late night TV, football, where I shop, NBA, Players on my fantasy football team, my sneaker brand, the pizza I eat... and now reading the SB natural disaster forum is suddenly political which makes absolutely no ****ing sense whatsoever.

People like you have made earthquakes a political discussion point. And, the reason I am not as "active" here as I use to be.

To your post specifically if not clear enough, it has nothing to do with "If I agree with it". It has to do with me just not wanting to hear/read/see every ******* thing in my ****ing life politicized. Is that clear enough for you?
The Following User Says Thank You to Im RIght For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2019, 10:50 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,708 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
To be fair, our military and most of congress wanted us to stay there and have a nice big war with Russia, Iran and Syria. So not surprising that parts of the government are "weighing" options to stay and get mixed up in a war.

But the optics on this dithering are quite dizzying.

We go right from pulling out 15 or so military men (not exactly a big military presence), saying we are grateful for Turkey's restraint, removing sanctions on them and grateful for Russia's military involvement,
then 5 minutes later announce we are looking at re-entering the theater with massive firepower.

Mind blowing vassilation.
Mild blown idiotic nonsense.
The Following User Says Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2019, 10:53 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Ever since 9-11, we have claimed the right to prosecute the war on Terra anywhere there might be some Terra.

But China is clearly about to embark on a campaign of conquering all of SE Asia.
Either stop them now by taking down their illegal island bases , or wait until they acquire several countries and become entrenched to where only an idiot would attack them.
Asia is dang near completed thanks to the Obumer admin. Africa (resources) is the near term objective of the chicoms.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:57 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post

Trump never said anything about protecting the oil fields for our use. We don't need Syria's oil. Taking control of the oil fields is to keep the money from flowing to ISIS and the PKK. ..
Old Eurp's only alternative to being a vassal of Russia is getting some oil/gas from the Mideast.

The US has only ONE actual ALLY in the Mideast and it is NOT the Kurds.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,946 Times in 2,587 Posts

Russia has accused the United States of violating its own sanctions and smuggling stolen oil out of Syria.

https://www.rt.com/news/472397-us-smuggles-syrian-oil/

Very disturbing if this is true. I don't believe everything coming out of RT, but I don't believe everything coming from the American media or our government either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jdog67 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 08:00 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 4,940 Times in 1,767 Posts

This must be the 4D chess.

Announce the end of the war early in 2019, lose Mattis because of it.
Announce we are pulling out, let Kurds and civilians get slaughtered by Turkey.
Leave SF there who get shelled, pull them out.
Watch ISIS flee prison, leading to Baghdadi's kill (Great job btw)
Pull remaining troops, brag that you are bringing them home and say we aren't the world's police.
Send 2000 troops to Saudi Arabia.
Send NG to Syria to guard Oil Fields, thus not pulling out but removing qualified troops and leaving untrained and untest NG troops in the mix where Russia and Syria want to get to that oil.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...box=1572541711

It's almost as if everything I typed above was wrong, nah, couldn't be, could it?

Quote:
"Despite Baghdadi's death, the security situation in Syria remains complex," he said. "Multiple state and non-state actors continue to vie for control of territory and resources within the country."
I mean, what could go wrong?
Old 11-03-2019, 08:02 AM
Survivor

Quote:
This must be the 4D chess.

Announce the end of the war early in 2019, lose Mattis because of it.
Announce we are pulling out, let Kurds and civilians get slaughtered by Turkey.
Leave SF there who get shelled, pull them out.
Watch ISIS flee prison, leading to Baghdadi's kill (Great job btw)
Pull remaining troops, brag that you are bringing them home and say we aren't the world's police.
Send 2000 troops to Saudi Arabia.
Send NG to Syria to guard Oil Fields, thus not pulling out but removing qualified troops and leaving untrained and untest NG troops in the mix where Russia and Syria want to get to that oil.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...box=1572541711

It's almost as if everything I typed above was wrong, nah, couldn't be, could it?

I mean, what could go wrong?
You clicked: Man made and natural disasters.

Absolutely nothing you wrote has any damn reason to be in this section of the forum. There is a political discussion section. Am I asking too much for you to post your continued political rants in there?

Two towns with violence in the Mid East don't constitute TEOTWAWKI. The ME has been at war for 1000's of years, and we have been in that war for over a generation.

And, quite frankly, more killings happen in Chicago than in the towns you mentioned in this thread, and no one really seems to care about that. So, why should I care about anything you wrote?
Old 11-03-2019, 10:33 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 70,083 Times in 21,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im RIght View Post
You clicked: Man made and natural disasters.

Absolutely nothing you wrote has any damn reason to be in this section of the forum. There is a political discussion section. Am I asking too much for you to post your continued political rants in there?

Two towns with violence in the Mid East don't constitute TEOTWAWKI. The ME has been at war for 1000's of years, and we have been in that war for over a generation.

And, quite frankly, more killings happen in Chicago than in the towns you mentioned in this thread, and no one really seems to care about that. So, why should I care about anything you wrote?
To be fair, and I am not a fan of Zumbug so much , but this thread's first word was "Trump" followed by a discussion of political and military alliance concerns and ramifications regarding the Syria/Turkey/Kurd/Isis/Russia/oil/terror political conflict.
The Following User Says Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2019, 12:24 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
To be fair, and I am not a fan of Zumbug so much , but this thread's first word was "Trump" followed by a discussion of political and military alliance concerns and ramifications regarding the Syria/Turkey/Kurd/Isis/Russia/oil/terror political conflict.
Thanks. Not only is the link I posted in the above post talk about that, but my words were also directly related to that.

Sadly, it goes against the other posters MO. The intent of the thread was about this very topic.

So, yes, you might not be a fan, but you do always tend to be respectful and employ courteously when engaging in conversation, so thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2019, 05:33 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post

Trump never said anything about protecting the oil fields for our use. We don't need Syria's oil. Taking control of the oil fields is to keep the money from flowing to ISIS and the PKK. The PKK is the radical Marxist-Leninist segment of the Kurds that started the problem with Turkey. The PKK is a terrorist organization.
It's amazing how many people didn't seem to hear or report any part of that.
The Following User Says Thank You to zebra007 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2019, 08:17 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Thanks. Not only is the link I posted in the above post talk about that, but my words were also directly related to that.

Sadly, it goes against the other posters MO. The intent of the thread was about this very topic.

So, yes, you might not be a fan, but you do always tend to be respectful and employ courteously when engaging in conversation, so thanks.
I have no issues with left v right or differing opinions. But you are here to be disruptive.

Which of the threads have added to the knowledge base for someone who is interested in reading about survivalist material here on survivalistboards? Every time I stumble upon one of your posts it is riddled with political BS and spin.

I feel that you are here attempting to disrupt a community I believe in, and, you are here trying to wedge and take away from discussions of substance and distract from the mission of this community.

I am a very respectful person, but I am not going to bend over backwards to accommodate someone who's intent is splinter something I believe in.

If you want to add to the political commentary discussion do so in the political forum. Sorry if you think that's rude. I find most millennial's have a hard time with honest blunt conversations.

If you want to give an unbiased update on the situation I would love to read it.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:40 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
I have no issues with left v right or differing opinions. But you are here to be disruptive.
I've posted links and perceptions. You don't like them, that's why it's "disruptive", right?

Quote:
I feel that you are here attempting to disrupt a community I believe in, and, you are here trying to wedge and take away from discussions of substance and distract from the mission of this community.
And every thread you have an issue with is based on politics. Isn't that just as "disruptive".

Quote:
If you want to add to the political commentary discussion do so in the political forum. Sorry if you think that's rude. I find most millennial's have a hard time with honest blunt conversations.

If you want to give an unbiased update on the situation I would love to read it.
This thread is about President Trump's policy to send troops back to Syria to guard oil fields. My link was about that you seem to take such umbrage with.

Not a millennial and I'm not the one here offended.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:49 PM
Survivor

Quote:
I've posted links and perceptions. You don't like them, that's why it's "disruptive", right?
No. If your intent is not to be disruptive, then what is your intent when regardless of the thread you spout political spin?

Quote:
And every thread you have an issue with is based on politics. Isn't that just as "disruptive".
Disruptive to you, so other's see it for what it is, and stops you from having an audience, I'm OK with that. I'm tired of you politicizing a natural disaster section.

Quote:
This thread is about President Trump's policy to send troops back to Syria to guard oil fields. My link was about that you seem to take such umbrage with.
1. I don't read links.
2. Political talk, not SHTF

Quote:
Not a millennial and I'm not the one here offended
Good.

Now go away.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:11 PM
US Army Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post
Yesterday's ally is today's enemy.
George Orwell 1984
The Following User Says Thank You to Zambodia For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2019, 11:52 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
No. If your intent is not to be disruptive, then what is your intent when regardless of the thread you spout political spin?
My link was directly related to the topic.

Quote:
Disruptive to you, so other's see it for what it is, and stops you from having an audience, I'm OK with that. I'm tired of you politicizing a natural disaster section.
Not only have I stated this wasn't disruptive, another poster I totally disagree with said the same. The issues seems to like with your confirmation bias.

Quote:
1. I don't read links.
2. Political talk, not SHTF
Thre is a name for that, hmmm, what is it again. Oh, yes. Confirmation bias.

Quote:
Good. Now go away.
You are so very petty and have totally derailed this thread with your snowflake antics.
The Following User Says Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post: